Pink Freuds Voting Manifesto Archive 12/27/19

Author: Pinkfreud08

Total: 4
Pinkfreud08
Debates: 17
Pinkfreud08
Pink Freuds Voting Manifesto:

Preface:

I'd like to start off by thanking anyone reading this as I put some time into outlining my motives and how I critique arguments on this site. My goal when it comes to voting is to vote in a nonbias and logical manner. Free from any vote retaliations or insufficient votes. If you do happen to deem my vote as insufficient, I urge you to report it and let the mods handle it rather than CVB it.

If you want to see the fate of vigilante " justice " on this site and a dishonest voter, take a look at this users fate.

Now that I've outlined my goal when it comes to voting, I'll now give a summary of how I make my decisions.

Arguments:

I decide whether or not an argument is better not through how good the argument is itself but if it's better than the opponent's argument. When voting for arguments to me it's not a matter of how good your argument is, it only matters to me when one argument is better than another.

In the case of a tie when it comes to arguments, I only award a tie when neither argument is better nor worse than another. An example is in the case of a Full Forfeit on both sides as neither has an advantage over another.

Sources:

Here I examine the validity of the sources themselves and how they impact/strengthen the argument.

An example of what I'd deem as a bad source would be something along the lines of this,

" I think cheeseburgers are gross, here is a statistic showing most cheeseburgers have ketchup "

This is what as known as a disconnect between proof and conclusion fallacy. The proof itself could be relevant, however, the debater failed to connect ketchup and gross together.

An example of a better use of a source would be,

" I think cheeseburgers are gross since they have ketchup. Here is a statistic/study done on how unhealthy and disgusting ketchup is and here is another statistic on most cheeseburgers having ketchup "

This sentence doesn't have a disconnection issue and is, therefore, a good use of a source.

Another way I weight sources is through the validity, is it done by a trustworthy source, was the study conducted correctly, and how recent is the study done.

Spelling and Grammar:

Self-explanatory, I don't normally vote for spelling and grammar unless the debater's organization is sloppy or if they made frequent spelling mistakes which made their argument hard to read.

I don't care how good your argument is, if I can't read it, how good it's is almost irrelevant.

Conduct:

My favorite, I award conduct points when one of the few things occur.

One of the debaters is insulting the other debater

One of the debaters has plagiarized their work

One of the debaters Forfeited the majority of the rounds.

I hope this manifesto has outlined my clear intentions when it comes to voting as well as an explanation of how I vote.

Cheers ;-)

- Pink Freud 12/27/19

Pinkfreud08
Pinkfreud08
Moving my manifesto on here to save space on my profile page

TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Pinkfreud08
I think you are supposed to add it in the comment section but there is no official rule so you won't get banned. Just do what Ragnar does in his votes. Simply go to his profile, debates, votes, click on whichever and read his comments referring to the post. If you are having problems adding what I think is more than 2k characters then I'll say something to DA and you can too to increase the character limit. 
Pinkfreud08
Pinkfreud08
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Oh I had enough room but I had to sacrifice having personal details or links on my profile description