CBC Removing Trump from Home alone 2 is childish

Author: Dr.Franklin

Total: 20
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
it is only 7 seconds, and while CBC doesn't like Trump, you dont need to remove it from a broadcast of fucking home alone, this is a top case of Trump derangement syndrome, where was all the complaints when Barack Obama got his OWN TV SHOW from Netflix, none, why? Because consveratives dont care
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
where was all the complaints when Barack Obama got his OWN TV SHOW from Netflix, none, why? Because consveratives dont care

This is just the from the first page of results from a neutral "barack obama netflix" search on google (have you heard of it)?
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@drafterman
They were mad about the over-politicazation of the show, Home alone was for comedic purposes
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Ok, so if you were aware of these complaints, why did you say there were no complaints? Were you lying?
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@drafterman
Again, these were political complaints
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Right. So there were (political) complaints about the show. So why are you trying to spin it as if there weren't any complaints? Why be so dishonest about it?
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@drafterman
They were no complaints
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Dr.Franklin
There were. We just spent the past few posts talking about them. You even categorized what kind of complaints they were!
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@drafterman
know, your eyes are decieving you
drafterman
drafterman
Well the my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@drafterman
There is a difference between censorship & bitching. We bitched at Obama for having an Netflix deal, the Canadians censored the part entirely. I highly doubt that Canada censored it on purpose though.

Also Trudeau is a racist that in 2002, went to a Halloween Party as a black face
Vader
Vader
Despite the fact I think it is idiotic to work oneself up over this, since it is in Canada, not US, I am certainly not a fan of that cutting of the part, not because of political reasoning, but art should not be cut and shifted for ones own benefit
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Vader
Sure, I never said there wasn't a difference. I was responding to the claim that there were no complaints about Barack's thing on Netflix. This claim is false.
Vader
Vader
-->
@drafterman
Yea I saw but I was just pointing it out if a counter claim were made whether that was equal to this censorship

drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Vader
Do you object to the dubbing over of curse words, editing out or blurring of nudity, or cutting content as a result of time constraints?

Vader
Vader
-->
@drafterman
Do you object to the dubbing over of curse words
Yes

editing out or blurring of nudity
Depending

cutting content as a result of time constraints?
Yes
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Vader
So then you aren't against all censorship.
Vader
Vader
-->
@drafterman
I would then use the law of FTC where instead of mild laxation on censorship between 10PM to 6AM, it would be no censorship

Singularity
Debates: 11
Singularity
These are public, not private airwaves for many of these channels, there is nothing wrong with imposing some censorship on them and ensuring the channels are helping the public in some way. If you watch the original seinfeld episodes and these new ones, you see the problem with edits for time constraints. In comedy, timing is very important for example. The episodes now run at a mildly fast forwarded speed. Meaning that the Seinfeld episodes you buy on the DVD box sets, will be funnier than the episodes you see on your local television, sped up to cram more commercials in. 

Canada is actually quite big on censorship. The media will get bans on talking about certain court cases for example until a trial is over, and they are trying to really cramp down on free speech at their universities. I would be opposed to the government imposing speech constraints on private enterprises, unless private enterprises are acting in publicly owned venues. 
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@drafterman
Well the my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

Hehehe

In hindsight though he really should have taken that trade.