Death note: Was Kira Just?

Author: Pinkfreud08

Total: 7
Pinkfreud08
Debates: 17
Pinkfreud08
Haven't seen a lot of talk on the internet of whether or not Kira in death note was justified in his plan for ending crime. And am just hoping to see opinions from both sides on the matter. 

Cheers ;-)
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
No. He was not. He doesn't know the motive for the crimes, he doesn't know the butterfly effect of the means of murder he wrote and was simply a delusional prick.

SPOILERS ALERT IN WHAT FOLLOWS IN THIS POST

A real G with the death note wouldn't just target criminals, nor would they inherently assume that they'd outsmart the best detectives on Earth in such an 'in your face' manner as Light dealt with L, Near and Mello. Light Yagami was a fuckboy who thought he was a godfather of crime (ironically) and got schooled by real masterminds in the long run, who evern gambled on and planned their own deaths and defeats to him along the way (as evidenced by Watari's forethought, training of multiple L-like detectives and the transfer of documents and such to them post-death).

62 days later

skittlez09
Debates: 1
skittlez09
-->
@Pinkfreud08
I would say he is. 

He was close to creating a world without crime and war which would allow society to function more effectively. 

skittlez09
Debates: 1
skittlez09
-->
@RationalMadman
Yeah Kira was an asshole to be fair. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@skittlez09
No but yeah but!

Was he just or was he an asshole?

Or are you saying that he was a just asshole?

secularmerlin
Debates: 0
secularmerlin
-->
@Pinkfreud08
Justice means different things to different people but I would have to say that wholesale executions without due process are a hard sale, for me, as just acts.
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
I mean, he was eventually going to start picking off people for being lazy, so...