Quassim Solemani is Dead

Author: Vader

Total: 292
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
-->
@HistoryBuff
If so, it was incredibly stupid. This just further proves that the US doesn't respect anyone without nuclear weapons. The US government believes they have the right and authority to murder anyone, anywhere, at any time, no matter who objects to it. The only way to prevent them from murdering you is if you have the ability to nuke them. It will only convince more people that the only way to get america to treat you with respect is to have nuclear weapons. 

The example of North Korea is precisely the reason why dictators don't normally try to get nuclear weapons. Sure, maybe Kim won't be invaded by the US any time soon. But the price North Korea has had to pay for this "security" is beyond the pale.
They're prime real estate in one of the wealthiest regions of the world, having also been blessed with huge reserves of coal. And yet there are desperately poor African countries where the average person enjoys a higher standard of living than the average North Korean.
But the implications of this aren't just for the bottom rungs of society: Sanctions also limit the ability of the local elite caste to import luxury items or launder their money overseas, and the continued support of these elites is instrumental in propping up the regime that is.
Iran's economy is clearly suffering from US sanctions. But things haven't reached North Korean levels yet. Nowhere close to it. If Rouhani and the Ayatollah believe things can't get worse, they're sadly mistaken.
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@Swagnarok
Iran's economy is clearly suffering from US sanctions. But things haven't reached North Korean levels yet. Nowhere close to it. If Rouhani and the Ayatollah believe things can't get worse, they're sadly mistaken.
I guess my answer to that is, so what? Take north Korea. Kim Jong Un does not care 1 bit about the standard of living of his people. He cares about protecting himself and his own power. A nuclear weapon practically guarantees that. The US has shown that they are willing to topple governments on a whim if they think it will get them something. The "Libya Model" changed everything. Gadafi tried to modernize and repair relations with the west. He ended up being sodomized with a bayonet and america helped that to happen. Every dictator and despot learned all they needed to know. It doesn't matter if you do what america wants. They will turn on you in a heartbeat when they are done with you. The only way to keep america from screwing you over is to have a trump card, a nuclear weapon. 

America proved it couldn't be trusted to negotiate with Iran when the violated the agreement with them (which the Iranians were abiding by). America proved it can't be worked around with their invasions, their bombings, and their murders. That only leaves violence as a viable answer. They have to fight because the alternative is death. 
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
Is there any REAL evidence that he was targeted or just happened to be there?  I'm asking this because afaik this was in response to a threat against the embassy.  Only after the fact and it was revealed that he was killed that this narrative arose.  Trump makes it sound like it was a planned thing but that didn't sound like it in the beginning, only after the fact.  It almost sounds like he's taking credit when in reality, this guy was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.  But I could be mistaken since the news is all over the place which is understandable given their horrible bias.
Was it orchestrated or just bad luck/ good luck?
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
My understanding was that this was a planned assassination. Pompeo had calls with america's allies in the region in the 24 hours prior to the murder. (israel, saudi arabia etc). It's not impossible this was an accident, but I think it is unlikely. They announced very quickly after the murder who it was. 
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
FINALLFY FFS
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
The Ayatollah can’t do jack. The people of Iran are already against him. The best he can do is send his proxies in which case we get an excuse to get rid of em once and for all. Semper fi mofos
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@HistoryBuff
which the Iranians were abiding by

This is laughable
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
It's so disgusting western countries bribed Iran to take part in a nuclear deal by allowing Iran to ramp up their proxy armies, and we even funded Iran to do it!

Hezbollah is a fucking wart on the planet and almost 100% funded by Iran.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
Anyone who thinks we weren't in a cold war with Iran for 45 years doesn't know a goddamn thing about the Middle East.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
It's so disgusting western countries bribed Iran to take part in a nuclear deal by allowing Iran to ramp up their proxy armies, and we even funded Iran to do it!

Iran is a state sponsor of terrorism. Their only mechanism to fight is proxies. They try to use their proxies. Nighty night for them. Trump had the balls to call Rouhani’s bluff. Obama just sent him 1.4 billion in cash. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
Anyone who thinks we weren't in a cold war with Iran for 45 years doesn't know a goddamn thing about the Middle East.

Cancer should be taken out. Piece by piece. Kill the high leaders and the people that move up the ladder come from the people 
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ILikePie5
Iran is a state sponsor of terrorism. 
The US has engaged in 2 terrorist attacks in the last few weeks in Iraq. Why is iran a "sponsor of terror" when they so the exact same thing the US does?

Their only mechanism to fight is proxies. 
they also have an effective military. Advanced technology and control of the straights of hormuz. 

Trump had the balls to call Rouhani’s bluff.
What bluff? What does that even mean?

Obama just sent him 1.4 billion in cash. 
Obama returned 1.4 billion of Iranian money that the US illegally seized and held. He did this as a part of a treaty that prevented Iran getting nuclear weapons. Now that trump has torn it up, they are back working on their nuclear weapons. 

Cancer should be taken out. Piece by piece. Kill the high leaders and the people that move up the ladder come from the people 
Iran is doing the exact same thing the US is doing. but when they do it is "cancer" that "should be taken out". But when the US does it it is somehow morally justified? This kind of twisted thinking is why the US keeps getting dragged into wars. 
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
Western countries eased sanctions on iran and returned a bunch of their money that the US illegally seized. Returning stolen property is not "funding iran". 

So the solution to terrorism is to bomb indiscriminately and massively increase how much people hate america, thus creating more terrorists? That is a moronic plan. 

No one has been in a cold war with Iran for 45 years. They rightfully hate america for trying to keep them oppressed by a tyrannical dictator. From the moment they threw off that dictator america has been nothing buy hostile towards them. They have good reason to hate america, but they had more pressing concerns until America shit all over the place and destabilized the whole region.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
The US has engaged in 2 terrorist attacks in the last few weeks in Iraq. Why is iran a "sponsor of terror" when they so the exact same thing the US does?

Killing terrorists is terrorism. Ok boomer

they also have an effective military. Advanced technology and control of the straights of hormuz. 

We got nukes. They can’t force official conflict with our nukes. And ever heard of Carrier Strike Forces?

What bluff? What does that even mean?
That Trump wouldn’t retaliate for the embassy attack.

Obama returned 1.4 billion of Iranian money that the US illegally seized and held. He did this as a part of a treaty that prevented Iran getting nuclear weapons. Now that trump has torn it up, they are back working on their nuclear weapons. 
So you’re ok with giving a state sponsor of terrorism 1.4 billion in cash? And the Iranians never held their side of the bargain. It was a scam. Trusting a state sponsor of terrorism is like trusting a serial killer to not kill anyone by bribing them

Iran is doing the exact same thing the US is doing. but when they do it is "cancer" that "should be taken out". But when the US does it it is somehow morally justified? This kind of twisted thinking is why the US keeps getting dragged into wars. 
 I’m appalled by the fact that you’re defending a state sponsor of terrorism that has caused the deaths of countless Americans and wounded thousands of Americans.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@HistoryBuff
No one has been in a cold war with Iran for 45 years. They rightfully hate america for trying to keep them oppressed by a tyrannical dictator. From the moment they threw off that dictator america has been nothing buy hostile towards them. They have good reason to hate america, but they had more pressing concerns until America shit all over the place and destabilized the whole region.
The people have their government. Should say enough their “government”

Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Is there any REAL evidence that he was targeted or just happened to be there?  I'm asking this because afaik this was in response to a threat against the embassy.  Only after the fact and it was revealed that he was killed that this narrative arose.
<br>

This guy wasn't some two-bit warlord, he was a big deal. If you think the CIA and a dozen Intel agencies from other nations weren't keeping tabs on him 24/7 (even without plans to attack) then you are vastly underestimating his importance.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ILikePie5
Killing terrorists is terrorism. Ok boomer
They bombed an airport in a country that has expressly told them they are not allowed to drop bombs in their country. That is terrorism. 

We got nukes. They can’t force official conflict with our nukes. And ever heard of Carrier Strike Forces?
and you cannot use them. If you did 10's, if not hundreds of millions of people would die. 

That Trump wouldn’t retaliate for the embassy attack.
The embassy attack was carried out by Iraqi militias. The US has provided no evidence that Iran was involved. 

So you’re ok with giving a state sponsor of terrorism 1.4 billion in cash?
Am I ok with a soverign nation getting 1.4 billion dollars that was stolen from them back? yeah. I am totally ok with that. You will never end this kind of conflict with violence. You can only end it with diplomacy. 

And the Iranians never held their side of the bargain.
Yes they did. Even trump's own government, as well as international monitors, confirmed they held up their end. It is the US, and only the US, that violated the treaty. 

Trusting a state sponsor of terrorism is like trusting a serial killer to not kill anyone by bribing them
But if you can't ever negotiate with them, then it is literally impossible for this conflict to end. You are advocating for eternal warfare in the middle east. 

I’m appalled by the fact that you’re defending a state sponsor of terrorism that has caused the deaths of countless Americans and wounded thousands of Americans.
Iran is not blameless. They have done terrible things and killed alot of civilians. The US has done the exact same things. They bombs civilians regularly. Why is iran a "state sponsor of terror" but america is somehow the defender of freedom when both are committing war crimes?

The people have their government. Should say enough their “government”
The US tried hard to prop up their dictator (the shaw). When he fell, the US did everything it could to crush their nation. The US government is making it easier for the hardliners, not harder. Did 9/11 make the US cower in fear because of the power of terrorism? no, it caused the US to unify against the threat. That is what the US is doing to Iran. The are undermining the people that want reform and change by showing the Iranians that the US will never negotiate and is solely trying to destroy them. The Iranian people then have no choice but to back their government. 

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
This guy wasn't some two-bit warlord, he was a big deal. If you think the CIA and a dozen Intel agencies from other nations weren't keeping tabs on him 24/7 (even without plans to attack) then you are vastly underestimating his importance.
I heard an interesting theory that the US might have been tricked. I am quite certain that lots of people try to keep tabs on him. One of those groups could have given the US innacurate intel to prompt the US to kill him. There are lots of groups that would be happy to see him dead and the US get the blame. The saudi's, the Israelis, various Iraqi factions. 

Any one of them might have learned he was going to be there and told the american's it was a lessor target to get them to strike it. 

However, I think it is more likely the generals knew what they were doing and trump got a quick briefing on who he was (that he barely listened to or understood) and they killed him on purpose. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
However, I think it is more likely the generals knew what they were doing and trump got a quick briefing on who he was (that he barely listened to or understood) and they killed him on purpose. 

You should be happy the deep state controls things and not orangemanbad.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Jesus Christ, I’m really arguing with a person who’s defending Iran. The extent of TDS lmao
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@ILikePie5
People who think we  are going to war🤡🤡
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
The same people defend Hezbollah.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Vader
People who think we  are going to war🤡🤡

Good, people need to learn some responsibility these days
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
The same people defend Hezbollah.

It’s unfortunate that people would be willing to support our enemies just cause they hate Trump
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Greyparrot
@HistoryBuff
HB--Am I ok with a soverign nation getting 1.4 billion dollars that was stolen from them back? yeah. I am totally ok with that. You will never end this kind of conflict with violence. You can only end it with diplomacy.
Eloquent rebuttal, to the most immature ignorance.

GP--You should be happy the deep state controls things and not orangemanbad.
Your "deep state" is nothing more than fantasy for immature teenyboppers who believe 'Spectre' in James Bond 007 movies is a real criminal organization.  

Trump 'chosen one' and his ilk are the mosbster criminals and your cult leader, that see as riding white horse he calls Melania, waving dollar signs $$$$ as the way to heaven for all humans who lick his dictatorship style. Sick human being who turns on those close to him if they dont lick his authoritarianism.  Sad :--(

The evangelicals and apocalypse Pence  are a sad case of backwoods religious nonsense who just aching to burn any at the stake that do not follow their cult belief systems that include the virutal raping of pregnant women, racism etc

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@ILikePie5
@HistoryBuff
HB: Iran has committed war crimes. They have done terrible things and killed alot of civilians.

Pie: I’m really arguing with a person who’s defending Iran.

One of these things is not like the other...
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I’m anti war lol. It just strikes me as insane that Buff believes that giving money to a state sponsor of terrorism is perfectly ok.
disgusted
disgusted
Propaganda, the lifeblood of American wingnuts.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@ILikePie5
You can be anti war or pro war I don't really care. I don't really care about the opinion that either you or HB has regarding treaties or money transactions either. I was simply pointing out that you were claiming HB to be pro Iran despite this clearly not being the case, the rest doesn't interest me.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@HistoryBuff
I heard an interesting theory...

Something like that is probably what Dread was referencing. Seems unlikely in my opinion

However, I think it is more likely the generals knew what they were doing and trump...

Yeah that makes more sense to me as well.