Author: David

Archived
Read-only
Total: 89
David
Debates: 91
David
Greetings, everyone!

The moderation team is excited to announce that two new moderators will be joining the moderation team. First, christopher_best will be replacing Ramshutu as a debate moderator. He will work with blamonkey to ensure that votes are met to our standards. Second, PressF4Respect is joining the team as a forum moderator. As a forum moderator, he will be working with speedrace, Ragnar, and myself to ensure that the forums remain a friendly place. 

What happens next? These two will be undergoing a probationary period for the next few weeks. Upon satisfactorily completing their training, they will be officially installed as new moderators. 

If you applied and were not chosen, we will keep your application on file for the future. 

-Virtuoso

RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
C_B barely even debates anymore, let alone vote. He does neither and is overall inactive to the website. I am curious what he said or did to be chosen over me.

In fact, this guy has only 12 votes, none of which I would call particularly high quality... I am not sure what he's done to earn his place at all. There are countless members who are more qualified and trustworthy to have gotten that role. PressF4Respect has a very tarnished history regarding forum behaviour but it's likely that all who applied for the role had that so I'll not comment on it more.

I don't agree with either of these appointments, nor do I congratulate them on 'earning' their role. C_B is a terrible pick, he has done next to nothing to earn that role.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Welcome to all new mods!
Vader
Vader
-->
@RationalMadman
Positivity is key
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Vader
Easy to say when you got your rank by nepotism AKA knowing and being buddy-buddy with Vaarka who himself got to own the server by pure previous relations.

Vader
Vader
-->
@RationalMadman
I was mod in old server from old ownership, so I got moderator is new server 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Vader
I am so positive and happy about that, it fills me with joy. I am elated that Virtuoso and Ragnar can explain why they chose C_B over me, I really am so positive.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Wait, can they?
Singularity
Debates: 11
Singularity
I actually think RM should get a shot. He has a lot of activity here and has been around and involved enough to know the culture of the community pretty well, based on the statistics I have observed anyway. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Singularity
Thanks for the vote of confidence, stranger. ;) That just makes me even more curious who you are, but one thing that I admire in Virtuoso is he aint gonna budge no matter what you throw at him. It's unfortunate that his stubborness has this negative side but it's why he makes a great commander in chief of mods here, so far anyway.

What I am beginning to see, however, is that he never justifies his decisions and that's where stubborness turns into arrogance instead. We do not need an arrogant leader, merely one with firm beliefs.
PressF4Respect
Debates: 10
PressF4Respect
Yeet!
PressF4Respect
Debates: 10
PressF4Respect
-->
@RationalMadman
BE POSITIVE

SMILE 

:D

Pinkfreud08
Debates: 17
Pinkfreud08
-->
@Singularity
For once I agree with RM. I know that me and him have had our disagreements but even I can agree that this mod decision is a bit weird and there were alot of other more deserving people. In regards to what you mentioned,  I completely agree RM has spent alot of time in this community debating,  voting,  forum posting,  and assisting the mods. I'm pretty surprised RM isn't already a mod to be completely honest. No offense to the new mods or virtuoso but I feel like a mistake was made with not making RM a mod and would like some elaboration. 
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
PressF4Respect is joining the team as a forum moderator.

Whelp, there goes the neighborhood lol.

Never heard of the other guy.
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@RationalMadman
@Pinkfreud08
Maybe more deserving people didn't DM him on applying. 

Who would be more deserving?

If it was RM apart from him.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I love how you say 'apart from him' as if you are disqualifying me. 
Vader
Vader
-->
@Pinkfreud08
We asked various people before opening this up to that we will not disclose. They rejected the offer. 

thett3
Debates: 2
thett3
Wow what a complete scam. I offered up an official resume and didn’t even get an interview!
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@RationalMadman
I disqualified you because you already picked yourself and from what Pink said I am sure he would pick you over the two. 
SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
Welcome, new moderators. I'll be sure to write up a 100% accurate report on this in the Bard.
Barney
Debates: 49
Barney
-->
@SirAnonymous
I'll be sure to write up a 100% accurate report on this in the Bard.
You should aim to make it at least 110% true. 
🤣

SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
-->
@Barney
A challenge, eh? I'll do even better and make it 200% true!
Barney
Barney
-->
@SirAnonymous
That might be too much truth for us to handle!
PGA2.0
Debates: 7
PGA2.0
-->
@David
RE: "Greetings! On behalf of the moderation team, I'd like to give a warm welcome to our two new moderators. Christopher_best is being demoted to debate moderator and PressF4Respect is demoted to the forum moderator. Please give them their condolences.
F for respect

I'm not following. Is this a promotion or demotion? If a promotion, congratulations to the two!

David
Debates: 91
David
-->
@PGA2.0
Promotion. The demotion there was a lighthearted joke. 
PGA2.0
Debates: 7
PGA2.0
-->
@David
Ah, I see!
Barney
Barney
-->
@MisterChris
@PressF4Respect
Welcome to the team.
Singularity
Debates: 11
Singularity
-->
@David
This is a young crowd and I don't mean to  nit pick, but if this is viewed as a promotion or a demotion by the moderators, it is a serious issue. Ideally it is viewed as a role acquisition and nobody thinks they are above anyone else in any sort of hierarchical sense. 

I have personally held many leadership roles,and even when technically above people in a hierarchical sense, I have always strived to be a servant leader. 

I would advise putting people in positions of influence based on how seriously they take the ideal of servant leadership. 

MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
-->
@RationalMadman
I have two debates going on currently. I had some life issues recently but I am back in action now. 
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
-->
@Barney
Thanks, Ragnar!