It is delusional to say, "There is no Ultimate Reality"

Author: Mopac

Total: 147
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
I only recognize The Ultimate Reality as God, and there is only One. It is the evident truth that The Ultimate Reality is sovereign over all things. 

It is the evident truth that denial of this God is superstitious; that atheism towards this God is the most extreme form of nihilism, utterly self defeating, unjustifiable, and patently STUPID.

As it is an obvious fact that The Ultimate Reality is True God, and anyone who dare dispute this an IDIOT, it should be the case that anyone professing atheism should be understood as someone who is uneducated or petulant. The proper way to deal with someone who is so confused should be with charity. A real intent to guide someone suffering from such a delusion toward The Way and knowledge of The Truth. A real patience to endure abuse with long suffering. A true desire to humble oneself before The One True God, and to understand that righteous debate is about edifying one another, not the making oneself out to be something.

Dare anyone dispute it? 

There by necessity is Ultimate Reality.

The Ultimate Reality exposes all sophistry, rhetoric, science falsely so called, delusion, pretense of reason, and self will for what it is.. transient, mortal, temporary, dust in the wind. Nothing but vanity. Your life is not even as long as a blink in eternity. The Ultimate Reality always was, always is, and forever will be.

The Ultimate Reality makes an argument, and His argument is Himself. 

Dare you say, "The Truth is a lie!"?

Dare you say, "Prove to me it is true that The Truth exists!"?

Are you out of your mind?

There is no argument than can even so much as make pretense of challenging God. 

Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit

SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
-->
@Mopac
I agree that there's a God, but your argument relies on an equivocation. You say God is the Ultimate Reality. No one would deny that there is an Ultimate Reality, therefore there is a God.

Very well. Unicorns are air. No one would deny that air exists. Therefore, unicorns exist.

What just happened? I proved that unicorns exist, but only if you define unicorns as a mixture of gases that is 78% nitrogen, 21% oxygen, and 1% other. I've only proven that unicorns exist if we define unicorns as something that isn't a unicorn. Your argument does the same thing. It proves that God exists, but only if we define God as reality rather than an omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, omnibenevolent, supernatural Being. In other words, your argument only proves that God exists if we define God as something that isn't God.

SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
-->
@Mopac
Also, calling people delusional isn't very charitable, and calling them idiots isn't correct. People aren't stupid just because they're wrong.
disgusted
Debates: 0
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
Claiming that a god invented several thousand years ago by primitive, ignorant superstitious savages as a member of the Canaanite Pantheon is "the ultimate reality" is most definitely delusional.
Singularity
Debates: 11
Singularity
I think this is the "true world" theory that many long debunked philosophies talk about. The term "ultimate reality" is either a semantic trick meant to literally change the meaning of words. I assume what we perceive in our daily lives is the ultimate reality, and honestly the phrase needs rto be better explained, but I feel it won't be broken down for us, because ambiguity allows him to hide from any argument you make, A type of moving the goal post fallacy
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@SirAnonymous
The Ultimate Reality is God.

Your language hasn't been confused longer than our acceptance of this obvious fact.

And you say The Ultimate Reality exists. Good. Now you know you believe God exists. 

Because the word "God" means The Ultimate Reality, I am not being as arbitrary as your mindless rebutal would suggest.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Singularity
Have you ever been wrong? Have you ever been surprised? Have you ever learned anything? Have you ever seen an illusion?

It is naive to think that the reality you experience is the ultimate reality, because there is an overwhelming amount of evidence that works against the idea that reality as it is perceived to be is reality as it actually is.

It is no semantic trick of ours. Our faith is older than the language you speak. We have always understood God as such. The issue is not me redefining language, the issue is that YOUR language is being confused by anti-christs who don't want you to understand what we believe. That way, when these same people end up treating faith as a mental illness, locking us away to be the subject of chemical experimentation, you'll already be at the point where you can be swayed into accepting it as good for society!

But what happens if you believe I am telling you the truth? EVERYTHING CHANGES.

What am I telling you? The Truth is God. These people say God doesn't exist. Someone who claims that God doesn't exist shouldn't be trusted to know what they are saying.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@SirAnonymous
Also, calling people delusional isn't very charitable, and calling them idiots isn't correct. People aren't stupid just because they're wrong

If you knowingly deny God, you are delusional. You are a fool.

I am not claiming this. My position has always been that people who deny God don't know what it is they are denying, and that they are simply uneducated or badly educated.

The approach I am taking is charitable. The alternative is for me to assume and operate as if atheists are hopelessly and intentionally wicked.

Truthfully, someone who knowingly denies God can not be a good person. Denial of Truth itself is the kind of thing that people who take themselves as God do.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
Claiming that a god invented several thousand years ago by primitive, ignorant superstitious savages as a member of the Canaanite Pantheon is "the ultimate reality" is most definitely delusional.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@disgusted
I agree.

God certainly was not invented.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
You agree that you are deluded. Well done.
Read your book
Singularity
Singularity
-->
@Mopac
God certainly was not invented.

Prove it
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@Mopac
Mopac: "The proper way to deal with people who don't believe in got is with charity."
Also Mopac: "People who don't believe in god are UNEDUCATED, PETLUANT, DELUSIONAL IDIOTS."
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@drafterman
If you say there is no Ultimate Reality, it is certainly the case.
Want me to lie to you? 

And everyone here knows it to, because who can say there is no Ultimate Reality? It is clear this is folly.

I am certainly attacking a position. Would you not say that someone who eats their feces is gross? 
I operate under the assumption that someone who denies God does not know what they are denying. This is a good assumption, because for 1 it is proven consistently to me, and for 2 it is charitable position to take.

What that means is that statement applies to those who are nihilists in the truest sense of the word. Those who are in denial of reality itself.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Singularity
Dare you say, "Prove to me it is true that The Truth exists!"?

drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Mopac
If you say there is no Ultimate Reality, it is certainly the case.
Want me to lie to you?
Calling people uneducated, petulant, delusional idiots isn't charitable. Which is more important to you, being charitable or insulting?

And everyone here knows it to, because who can say there is no Ultimate Reality?
Anyone can say it. It's just words formed with the mouth. It has no magical powers.

It is clear this is folly.

I am certainly attacking a position. Would you not say that someone who eats their feces is gross?
If I wasn't being charitable, yes.

I operate under the assumption that someone who denies God does not know what they are denying. This is a good assumption, because for 1 it is proven consistently to me, and for 2 it is charitable position to take.
The position that all such people are uneducated, petulant, delusional idiots isn't a charitable position to take, however.

What that means is that statement applies to those who are nihilists in the truest sense of the word. Those who are in denial of reality itself.
That is not what nihilism means in any sense of the word.

Singularity
Singularity
-->
@Mopac
God is not "The Truth". That is a silly definition. A better definition would be the omnipotent intelligent creator of the universe.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@drafterman
I stand by my observation, and no one is entitled to charity so you are wasting your effort trying to rebuke me in that  regard. I feel no guilt.

I am very nice to people, if you hadn't noticed.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Singularity
And what other than The Ultimate Reality can even fulfill that definition you presented? Surely whatever you think is less than The Ultimate Reality.

The Supreme and Ultimate Reality is God, and there is no other.

drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Mopac
Calling people uneducated, petulant, delusional idiots is neither charitable not nice.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@drafterman
It isn't nice to say they are going to hell if they don't  repent either.

drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Mopac
Correct. Ergo you actually are neither nice nor charitable.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@drafterman
The only reason you are accusing me is because you yourself lack charity, and are simply trying in vain to undermine what I say by attacking my character.

My character is irrelevant to this topic. 

It is easier to struggle with me than it is with God.

drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Mopac
I'm just pointing out that your actions are neither nice, nor charitable.
And I talk to you because you actually exist and ate here. God can show up whenever she chooses.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@drafterman
The Ultimate Reality is God.

If you say "God" and are not talking about The Ultimate Reality, I don't believe in your god either.

Singularity
Singularity
-->
@Mopac
How would you think that reality is a conscious being that created the universe LOL. You are not making sense

Singularity
Singularity
-->
@Mopac
Define ultimate reality without using the word truth, since you seem unaware what that definition is either
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Mopac
Odds on for the Ultimate reality. It's probably delusional to think otherwise.

What one chooses to call the ultimate reality is of no importance.

I sometimes Refer to it as G.O.D. but I haven't decided what the acronym stands for yet.

Though In my hypothesis G.O.D. is the enabler of the ultimate reality.

No worship required.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Singularity
I simply said, "The Ultimate Reality"

You can't reconcile this with your own superstitions concerning God.