Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Alec
So you want to dig a hole to hell but cut funding for unemployment? Not smart my guy
Infernoo
Debates: 0
Infernoo
-->
@Vader
You cant.  
Alec
Alec
-->
@Vader
Digging a hole to hell would hopefully save a lot fo the people who are down there from future torture.  They learned their lesson down there.  Unemployment benefits keep people poor because it keeps low income people dependant on the government.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Alec
hmm, not sure what you are referring to exactly, some states, not all have unemployment insurance which is actually taken out of everyone's paychecks, if you are eligible and collect it you get a small fraction of what you made for like 6 months, then it runs out.
entitlement like welfare etc keep people dependant on the government, they are designed to.  Low unemployment and low taxes help people be independent.
Alec
Alec
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
I think people should save money so when/if they get unemployed, they can fund their own insurance individually, but without all the bureaucracy.  They can invest in stocks and the dividends and the gains would help the individual get more money than a government program could give them.  We should get rid of welfare because people mooch off of it.  Some states don't even have welfare requirements, meaning anyone can get welfare, even if they refuse to get a job.

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Alec
I agree with that, but I say significantly reduce spending. And the hell hole is a dumb idea. I don't want Hitler coming back from the dead just because "he learned his lesson." People who commit evil don't learn their lesson

Alec
Alec
-->
@Vader
I say significantly reduce spending.
To what point?
And the hell hole is a dumb idea. I don't want Hitler coming back from the dead just because "he learned his lesson."
The vast majority of people in hell aren't as bad as Hitler, since the bible says your average person is going there.  People are individuals.

People who commit evil don't learn their lesson
Depends on the crime.  If your not a murderer or a rapist, and most people in hell aren't, then they learned their lesson and should be allowed to get freed if hell is indeed below the earth.
Imabench
Debates: 6
Imabench
Is there a particular reason why defense spending goes from $520 Billion in 2020 up to $1.44 Trillion by 2033? If the goal is to reduce or eliminate the debt in 8 years, I fail to see how nearly tripling military spending helps with that
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Alec
Let me get this sraight... In 2020 you believe that hell is an actual physical place within the Earth? That actually exists and is possible to dig to? That was put there by the big cheese himself and that you can just dig it up no problem? Is this, am I understanding this right?
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Imabench
I think you are focusing on the wrong aspect of this thread. If a man links a spreadsheet then starts talking about litterally excavating the afterlife you aren't supposed to read through the spreadsheet!
Alec
Alec
-->
@Imabench
Is there a particular reason why defense spending goes from $520 Billion in 2020 up to $1.44 Trillion by 2033?
It's because our GDP would increase a lot by then according to my calculations.  NATO requires every nation to spend 2% of their GDP on defense.  Since our GDP would rise, so does military spending just to keep up with NATO quotas.  If this clause is modified to be something lower, then we can reduce spending, and that might happen, but I wouldn't count on it.

Alec
Alec
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Let me get this sraight... In 2020 you believe that hell is an actual physical place within the Earth? That actually exists and is possible to dig to? That was put there by the big cheese himself and that you can just dig it up no problem? Is this, am I understanding this right?
If hell exists, it might be below the earth.  If it is, it's worth saving the people down there.  Also, why are you so against the idea of digging a hole to hell to free the people there?

Alec
Alec
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I think you are focusing on the wrong aspect of this thread. If a man links a spreadsheet then starts talking about litterally excavating the afterlife you aren't supposed to read through the spreadsheet!

Why?  I honestly think we need to dig a hole to hell to free everybody there.
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Alec
1. Hell doesn't exist.
2. If it did, it's not inside the Earth.
Alec
Alec
-->
@drafterman
Hell doesn't exist.
It might.  It's worth checking just to see if it's there.  If I'm right, we save billions of people.  It's cheap to do as well.

If it did, it's not inside the Earth.

It might.  It's worth checking just to see if it's there.  If I'm right, we save billions of people.  It's cheap to do as well.
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Alec
Hell doesn't exist.
It might.
It definitely does not.

It's worth checking just to see if it's there.
It is not "worth checking." There is no ROI on digging a hole to a fictional place.

If I'm right, we save billions of people.  It's cheap to do as well.
You don't save anyone. There is no hell. Those people are dead. They cannot be saved and if they could they are in their plots, not in a fictional place.

If it did, it's not inside the Earth.

If it did exist, it does not exist on Earth. If it did exist on Earth, you couldn't get there. If you could get there, you couldn't "save" anyone.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Alec
I think the part you are missing in what drafter is trying to say is that hell doesn't exist. That really is the key takeaway here. I know he might not have been too clear on that particular point so I just wanted to help clarify.

My point is a bit different. You ever watch that "Stairway to Heaven" documentary from South Park? It is the exact same thing you are proposing except with heaven instead of hell. Problem is the Japanese got there first and claimed it as theirs.

Alec, if we start digging a hole to hell the Japanese are going to catch on and start their own hole to hell. This is an arms race we can't afford to start because if we lose the consequences could be disasterous. Best to just keep the current status quo.
Alec
Alec
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
If Japan digs their own hole to hell, that's great since it frees the people there faster.  It's possible that hell is below the surface of the earth.  The Russians heard the sounds of hell while trying to out dig America.

This is an arms race we can't afford to start because if we lose the consequences could be disasterous.
How would it be bad exactly?
dustryder
Debates: 5
dustryder
-->
@Alec
Well lets think rationally. If one nation frees all the inhabitants of hell, those inhabitants become indebted to the freeing nation. We know that the vast majority of people in history were sent to hell, because the vast majority of people in history were unbelievers of God. We also know that in human history, many more people have died than are still living today. 

Hence the freeing nation suddenly gets an influx of workers several times larger than the entire population of the earth. This is an unprecedented source of manpower for economic growth, productivity and war.

And this does not stop here, because anyone who dies and is sent to hell suddenly becomes an additional asset to the freeing nation. In fact, you could form an army made of God rejecters who are continuously sent to hell but rescued. Which of course is essentially an immortal army that will perpetually keep coming back until their objective is achieved.

Alec
Alec
-->
@dustryder
I do think freeing people from hell would be beneficial to the nations that do it as well as those in hell.  This would save so many people as well as increase the GDP of any nation that frees the people there to multiple times their current GDP.

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Alec
If Japan digs their own hole to hell, that's great since it frees the people there faster.  It's possible that hell is below the surface of the earth. 

It's possible that the Japanese government is secretly controlled by the forces of hell. If they get there first then they will warn Satan what we are doing. Then Satan warns god and god sends a plague upon mankind that makes all seven he sent to Egypt put together look like a weekend getaway to Khalahari as punishment for trying to plan this little jail break.
Alec
Alec
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
The bible doesn't say that freeing people from hell results in plagues.  Why are you taking this as a joke?
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Alec
God wants the people to cook so he will be angry if someone tells him we stopped them from cooking. The Bible makes it clear that making god angry is a bad idea. Why are you taking this as a joke? Billions of lives are at risk.
n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
alec is going off the deep end with this 'hell in the earth' talk. he's losing his marbles. losing touch with sanity. you get the idea. 
Alec
Alec
-->
@n8nrgmi
Why are you guys so opposed to the hell hole idea?  It's very cheap to fund compared with many of the other policies on the sheet, composing of only .3% at most of the federal budget.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Alec
Why are you taking this as a joke?
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Alec
Why do you believe that hell is located in the crust of the earth? There are logical issues with this idea, but also religious ones.

First off, the SOULS of people go to hell according to the Bible. Second, they are sent there for an ETERNITY based on God’s judgement. Are you saying that an omniscient being wouldn’t have the foresight to know that people could one day free them? Additionally, are you okay with directly defying the will of the Lord, which was to send them to hell forever?

Alec
Alec
-->
@bmdrocks21
Are you saying that an omniscient being wouldn’t have the foresight to know that people could one day free them?

I don't think God is all knowing.

Additionally, are you okay with directly defying the will of the Lord, which was to send them to hell forever?
Yes because God is being a tyrant and we need to give the souls there freedom.  Absolute power corrupts absolutely, and I think God is corrupt from his dozens of centuries of absolute power.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Alec
If God had absolute power, wouldn’t that include being all-knowing? That is a power