Is the "other" "main" religion incorrect ?

Author: Deb-8-a-bull

Total: 51
Deb-8-a-bull
Debates: 0
Deb-8-a-bull
Like wrong, false if you will ?
The teachings of it. 
I know your religion is correct and this i wouldn't argue, but, but  the other main one.

Actually,  I'll just answer it for you. Ok., ready andddddddddd. 
YES. 

There, YOU said it.YES .  Wasn't too hard hey?
Do you go to hell if you say no? Anyway
Just YES. The other main religion, well one of the top two religions is false ( through any and all splinters. Denominations I mean denomination I Said denominations.) Ha. 101 denominations 

I'm after a theist YES or a theists NO
That's Yes or No.

'TRAP SET' shhhhhit did i just type that out loud. 

A simple ( Yes ) or A simple ( No )

janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
i doubt anyone really knows
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@janesix
If they are in one of the main two , they know.
100% they know. 
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
well they might think they do
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
As I said before, it's more accurate if you don't force the misconception that there's only one correct religion...and everything else is incorrect....rather there are more accurate versions of the same truth. If you look at it like a whole, then you can see there's both accuracy and inaccuracy and one observes what is more accurate within all of it. If you actually pay attention to what I'm saying it won't trip you up so much. All of religion is the interpretations of the same reality with many things within it that would add various flavors obviously....but the purpose of spirituality serves the same objective for every soul.
Castin
Castin
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
101 denominations. Lol.

I would expect yes, a theist who believes they follow the one true religion will probably think other religions are incorrect.
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
What is a religion but a way of life? Is the cobbler any more correct than the carpenter?

Those who receive not the love of The Truth will be cursed with strong delusion. Love The Truth. Love others as you love yourself. That is good religion.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mopac
What is a religion but a way of life? Is the cobbler any more correct than the carpenter?
You should take that on board yourself, Mopac. You claim to know the truth of god who is Jesus who is  Lord over all  lords, but are you anymore correct in your opinions or beliefs than the "cobbler" or the carpenter" who are atheist ?

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Stephen
If you go around saying, "It is the truth that the truth doesn't exist! Prove to me that it is true that there is truth! The truth is a lie!", not only are you never right, but you aren't even really obligated to be taken seriously. This is clearly the loony toons madhouse position.

And yes, when you deny my God, The Supreme and Ultimate Reality, that is exactly what you are doing. You are adopting the funny farm position.

PGA2.0
Debates: 7
PGA2.0
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Yes!

It is hard to gather what you are trying to say by your opening post. Your thoughts and ideas are minimal and all over the place. One to two words very seldom form(s) a coherent sentence.  

Peter
PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@Castin
101 denominations are not the standard. The revelation is the standard.

Peter

PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@janesix
JANE: i doubt anyone really knows

By necessity, only one can be true for there to be reason and logic or truth.

The fact that you doubt leaves questions to you KNOWING your worldview is true. If there is an absolutely, omnipotent, almighty, necessary, self-sustaining Being who has revealed Himself, then we have the necessary means to KNOW. The biblical God makes that claim and the biblical revelation is reasonable and logical to believe. It corresponds to reality in what we would expect to find. So, by default, it would be the true belief once correctly held.

If you are an atheist there would be NO REASON to find uniformity of nature - the things science relies upon. There would be NO REASON to find meaning contained in the universe. There would be NO purpose or intention. Yet, in spite of this, you continue to find these things in everything you examine. You DISCOVER mathematical formulas behind the universe that do not depend on your making them up, yet they require mindfulness. IOW's, they existed before you or any other human being.

Peter

PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@EtrnlVw
They can't all be TRUE interpretations of the same reality for they state OPPOSITES and misrepresent that reality. That defies logic and the laws of logic - specifically the Law of Identity (A=A) or the Law of Non-contradiction (A cannot be A and not-A at the same time and in the same manner.

Peter 

PGA2.0
PGA2.0
MOPAC: What is a religion but a way of life? Is the cobbler any more correct than the carpenter?

Yes, a religion can be thought of as a way of life or following the decrees of God/gods.
Is the cobbler any more correct than the carpenter? It depends on the particular belief held. Is it a true belief (John 4:23-24)?

Peter
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@PGA2.0
Is the other main religion incorrect.
PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
It depends which one you reference. As a believer in Christ my answer to other religions, Islam included, is Yes.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
Those who receive not the love of The Truth will be cursed with strong delusion. Love others as you love yourself.

You just contradicted your way of life. You can't say on one hand to love others as you love yourself and then say they're cursed and strongly deluded simply because they don't share your beliefs.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Goldtop
It has nothing to do with sharing my beliefs. If you don't love the truth, you have chosen delusion over truth.

There is nothing spectacular about this, it is what happens.

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
It has nothing to do with sharing my beliefs. If you don't love the truth, you have chosen delusion over truth.
Really? So, according to you, reality is delusion and magic is reality. Gotcha.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Goldtop
I'm not telling you reality is anything other than what it is.

When I say The Truth, I mean The Truth as it truly is not what I believe or what anyone believes The Truth to be.

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
I'm not telling you reality is anything other than what it is.
Your god fantasies are not anyone's reality, they are just your fantasies.

When I say The Truth, I mean The Truth as it truly is not what I believe or what anyone believes The Truth to be.
Reality is the truth. Do yourself a favor and join it sometime.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Goldtop
The Truth is my God.

The Truth is your God.

When I say God I am saying The Ultimate Reality.

That certainly goes beyond our beliefs about it. I am talking about Truth in the truest sense.

So what is the problem?

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
The Dance of the semi intelligent theist.  It looks horrible. 

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
Your proclamations of faith are irrelevant. Go stand on a street corner and preach. This is a debate forum, not a pulpit.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Goldtop
We are on a religion forum.

If you make God to be something other than The Truth you are not going by the proper theological understanding of the concept.

So we are actually debating. Your position is that 3 = 4, and I am telling you that is not correct 
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
You are the one claiming without support that your god=the truth.
Provide evidence.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
If you make God to be something other than The Truth you are not going by the proper theological understanding of the concept.

Your personal beliefs are not that of everyone else. This is something of reality you fail to understand.

Your position is that 3 = 4, and I am telling you that is not correct 
Sorry, but in reality, 3 =/= 4 so that is not my position, but instead, one you fabricate dishonestly to make your point.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Goldtop
@disgusted
I have plenty of support for my position that the concept of God represents what I say it does.

But neither of you will accept evidence, because you can arbitrarily reject everything and prance around saying, "there is no proof!"

If I quote scripture, you will attack scripture.

If I quote theologians, you will reject them as being bias.

If I quote the dictionary, you will reject its authority.

Besides that, neither of you will accept that I mean what I say.

So... if either one of you want to debate through the debate system on this site, I will demonstrate that your opposition amounts to little more than vain posturing, arbitrariness, and lack of truth.

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
If I quote scripture, you will attack scripture.

If I quote theologians, you will reject them as being bias.

If I quote the dictionary, you will reject its authority.

Scriptures and theologians have been shown to be wrong.

The dictionary is not an authority, it is a reference.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Goldtop
See what I mean?

So all I can tell you is that when I say God, it means The Ultimate Reality.

That is also what the concept means, so if you don't accept this you might as well be saying that a tree is a rock.