How do you view the Universe?

Author: EtrnlVw

Total: 18
EtrnlVw
Debates: 0
EtrnlVw
Do you view the universe as a living and active phenomenon, or a dry mechanical thing? please explain each opinion if you will. In other words how is it a living phenomenon, how is it a mechanical (non-living) phenomenon. 
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
-->
@EtrnlVw
it's hard to say. There is a definite difference between living and dead matter. I have been everywhere from strict materialist to panpsychist. it is probably somewhere in between.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@janesix
it's hard to say. There is a definite difference between living and dead matter. I have been everywhere from strict materialist to panpsychist. it is probably somewhere in between.

Janesix! you made my day, good to hear from ya my friend. 

Do you think if there was a single binding unity between all things the whole of the universe could be considered alive? like an interconnectedness? 
janesix
janesix
-->
@EtrnlVw
Yes. That would be God I would think.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@janesix
Cool, so do you think there could be an association between say...energy and awareness possibly?

janesix
janesix
-->
@EtrnlVw
yes, but probably only in certain patterns. im not sure, say, a single proton would have awareness, even though it holds potential energy. or that a rock would have awareness. but then again, maybe they do. I wonder if our cells in our body have their own awareness.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@janesix
Hmm, maybe the denser the object the less quality of awareness. Kind of like the human body is much more limited than the subtle body or spirit body. 

I wonder if our cells in our body have their own awareness.

Oh without a doubt they do. I mean look what they do...every single bit of the human body is made of cells, yet they maintain distinct shapes forms and operations. That is badazz..

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@janesix
 I wonder if our cells in our body have their own awareness.

I think in order that the conscious soul survives within a human body that conduit would also need to be alive and active at some level. In other words a "dead" non-active body couldn't maintain an alive conscious soul. 

janesix
janesix
-->
@EtrnlVw
if that is true, then how would a spirit maintain conscious awareness after death?
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@janesix
if that is true, then how would a spirit maintain conscious awareness after death?

Because the conscious soul exists independent of the human body, but if it's to have an experience on earth it would need an appropriate conduit. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@janesix
The conscious soul comes out of a conscious Reality, as we were saying awareness could be the backdrop behind all of life aka God. It is the bodies we inhabit that reduce and confine your experience as an isolated entity. 
janesix
janesix
-->
@EtrnlVw
i see what you're saying. 

it's kind of like playing video game with a set of restricting rules. The game is no fun if there isnt a challenge.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@janesix
it's kind of like playing video game with a set of restricting rules. The game is no fun if there isnt a challenge.

Well if awareness is omnipresent and like energy with no form, then the point of inhabiting bodies is to reduce and isolate the experience to create contrast. In other words where you only had one Reality, now you have two...three, four and so on. 
Without that contrast or isolation within form you're back to a singular Reality, so the fun is to create something more than that one experience. So when our conscious awareness is confined to this body, we see the universe as distinct from ourselves....or we have something to experience outside of a singular Reality or a mono-experience.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@janesix
So essentially whatever form or soul is created, consciousness or awareness is confined to perceive through that vessel. This creates another kind of experience or a separate perception. That isolated soul has been reduced down from the Godhead (singular Reality) and is now an individual being. 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@EtrnlVw
Do you view the universe as a living and active phenomenon, or a dry mechanical thing?

Define "living". 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Stephen
Alive, aware, animate..
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@EtrnlVw
Do you view the universe as a living and active phenomenon, or a dry mechanical thing?

Define "living". 

Alive, aware, animate..

So you mean "Do you view the universe to be [alive]"?

(A) I have no reason to believe that the universe is breathing which appears to be one of the requirements of being ' alive'.  I have seen no evidence that shows the universe to be "aware" either as I am sure that for something to be "aware", has to also be alive. As for "animate", that definition means to  "bring to life". Now considering I have no reason to believe that the universe is breathing etc, see (A) above, then I have absolutely no reason to believe that the universe is "animate" as this means to be alive and breathing and aware, also.

I hope that isn't too confusing for you.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Stephen
Define "living".
Biological life has both RNA and DNA enclosed inside  lipid membrane cell.

Viruses ---twilight organsim between a biological or mineral have only RNA or DNA, never both and, for the most part are enclosed by a protein shell, that often is based the an icosa{20}hedral pattern.  Some viruses have an lipid membrane, but only after they enter a biological cell, and it is the host cell that induces a lipid membrane for the virus.

RNA and DNA both are spiral. 

Does Universe/God have any fundamental spiral patterns? If Universe/God does have any fundememtally cosmic spirals, then that may be the closet it comes to being likened to a biologic cell.  Well we would still need something likened to a double layer lipid membrane.

What encloses our finite Universe/God is Gravity ---and that is the outer positive convex surface of all of the multitude of tori that compose Universe/God.

Dark Energy is the negative inner surface of the same set of tori and together the Gravity and Dark Energy are defined by gravitons-darkions that are on a spiral trajectory that defined each and every one of   the multitude of partially inverted tori.

Universe/God is the only dynamic{animated }, perpetual motion machine. 

Biologic cells die, except for at least one kind of comb jellyfish that reverts to a stem cell stage.