human hive mind

Author: janesix

Total: 9
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
Lately i've been exploring the idea that humanity has a hive mind, like a colony of ants or bees. is it possible that humans are wired differently, some with capacities for math or engineering, others with other capabilities. is there more than one hive, or a species-wide hive mind? 
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
-->
@janesix
Anything is possible, perhaps you mean probable. No, it is not probable that we are all having a hive-mind.
janesix
janesix
-->
@RationalMadman
why isn't it probable
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
-->
@janesix
would you instead, care to tell me why it's probable or even a clue towards it being true at all?
janesix
janesix
-->
@RationalMadman
look at cern. it's proportions are the same as the earth and moon. i doubt that was done on purpose by humans. There is another mind somewhere doing things.
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@janesix
Rom 7:15 - For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate.

Rom 7:16 - Now if I do what I do not want, I agree with the law, that it is good.

Rom 7:17 - So now it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me.

Rom 7:18 - For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out.

Rom 7:19 - For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing.

Rom 7:20 - Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me.

Rom 7:21 - So I find it to be a law that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand.

Rom 7:22 - For I delight in the law of God, in my inner being,

Rom 7:23 - but I see in my members another law waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members

Jane - There is another mind somewhere doing things.
EtrnlVw
Debates: 0
EtrnlVw
-->
@janesix
I think there is such a thing as the human state of consciousness. States of consciousness are like levels of frequencies, and there are endless levels of these frequencies throughout the created worlds. But as far as the mind goes, we have little individual minds that do come out of the universal mind. 
Of course this would mean that the mind and consciousness are not quite the same thing they are distinct from one another, the mind is more mechanical in nature, it is not alive or active, it is just a tool basically. But they come out of what is known as the universal mind, this mind is projected from the Ultimate Observer or the singular conscious Reality. 
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@janesix
look at cern. it's proportions are the same as the earth and moon. i doubt that was done on purpose by humans. There is another mind somewhere doing things.

What does the bolded portion even mean? Looks like random words...
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@janesix
Collective consciousness?