aww yeah it's drama time

--> @Bullish
Creeper, awww man
--> @Virtuoso
What are your thoughts on this?
fuck no
bet
--> @thett3
I’m inclined to impose a presidency, just because of how toxic they were on DDO. The DDO presidency was really meant to mediate between them and Juggle. We don’t really have that problem here. 

That said, I won’t stop you guys from choosing a President, they’ll just have no official moderation duty and won’t be endorsed by the mods. 
--> @Discipulus_Didicit
okay
--> @Vaarka
666 posts, the devil is a liar
--> @Vaarka
Forum posts: 666

--> @Vaarka
If I became president, I would actually not accept what Virtuoso said. I would muscle my way into some authority, just to ensure we have some democratic means of checks and balances on the power of this site. Otherwise we will have the online version of Nazi Germany
If I became president, I would actually not accept what Virtuoso said. I would muscle my way into some authority, just to ensure we have some democratic means of checks and balances on the power of this site. Otherwise we will have the online version of Nazi Germany
--> @thett3
Do you mind being in charge of the election process, if the mods do not step up to volunteer for that role? 
--> @thett3
Yeah okay I can get behind that I suppose. It seems the mods won't be formally endorsing the creation of such a position but enough people seem in favor that there is the possibility of actually getting something like this done. I guess I would second singus above question. If the answer is that you are willing to undertake the organization of such a process then I can volunteer my assistance in doing so.
--> @Virtuoso
You are misremembering what things were like because the last two DDO elections were total shit-shows. For the vast majority of its existence the presidency was a controversy free position that served as a symbolic head of the site advised the moderators on what was on the communities mind. A great example of this is when the users weren’t happy with Airmax’s disastrous personal conduct policy and the elections forced him to take a more laissez-faire approach. 

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. There needs to be a check on the power of moderation. 
--> @thett3
You are misremembering what things were like because the last two DDO elections were total shit-shows. For the vast majority of its existence the presidency was a controversy free position that served as a symbolic head of the site advised the moderators on what was on the communities mind. A great example of this is when the users weren’t happy with Airmax’s disastrous personal conduct policy and the elections forced him to take a more laissez-faire approach. 

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. There needs to be a check on the power of moderation. 

Perhaps so. It's been a long time. I'm pretty sure I remember the original sh*t storm when bsh was elected president. 

--> @Virtuoso
His first election was totally non-controversial. His re-election was controversial because who won was open to interpretation (Bsh won the votes prior to the “time stamp”, but if you counted votes that were cast before the moderator posted to close the election, Wylted won.) It was a freak event. 
--> @thett3
I support this idea and would like to be on a ticket but not the main candidate. If no one accepts me, I will run solo. 
--> @thett3
I thumbs up to 2 thumbs. 
--> @thett3
This idea has my support
Who needs a Cheney?
Vote me for president and Ill bring back the Weekly Stupid 

As soon as people get a little regular agriculture going, assholes from the hinterlands always show up calling for kings and walls and temples. 

Fuck off to any who seek to impose their unearned authority over our little tribe.  We have no need or want for increased executive power.
--> @oromagi
Agreed, that is why we need a check on the power of moderation