What does God do for fun?

Author: TheDredPriateRoberts

Total: 138
TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
Let's assume there is a God like the general Christian definition.

I often hear of all the things we must do in the here and now and what we might do in the afterlife etc.  

But what does God do?  Just observe?  What is written?

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
But what does God do?  Just observe? 

Good guess, you could say that God is the Ultimate Observer. Although I hate to use that word now since the repetition of someone's argument.
Since God exists within a singular reality there's not much to do other than to create stuff so maybe you could say that God is the ultimate Creator. That's pretty much the only thing God CAN do, but creation is no joke God is a genius in that arena. God can observe through every single channel of awareness, the comparison would be like not only watching an endless array of movies but also being the actor within them. So there ya have it, God is a movie maker and an actor in It's own movies.
BTW this is the best topic and question I've seen in a long time, good job. 

Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
God is the fountainhead of all existence. So you could say that God sustains the universe.

What doesn't God do? Everything that we ourselves do is done from the use or misuse of what God has given us. Every action we take, God is our movement.

I don't believe it would be correct to say that God does anything for fun. It is important to note that when human emotions are ascribed to God, it is always allegorical. God does not get angry like people do, rather, God's anger is a way of describing what happens when peoples faith in vain or fuitless things reach the logical climax of kicking them in the ass.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
If there were any truth in what you believe you would not need to constantly alter the definitions of words to suit your narrative.
SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts

Send snowstorms toward Al Gore and create creatures like the platypus, I suppose.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
We're unreliably informed that he likes to fuck married virgins.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Well in God's Top 10 GREATEST LOVES.  Fun things god does is,  to name but a few
#7.  watching puffins at play. 
#5.  Jail house reveals. ( that's revealing himself to people in prisons.)
#8.  Playing " Natural disasters ". 
#3. Star gazing. ( with the sheer number of stars he made, they are obviously one of his great loves.) 
#9.  Watching hot women. 

Now he does not do it for fun, but gods greatest love is. 
#1. CASHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. 
So maybe he like swims in it or something. 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts

Well it appears that his favorite pass-time is war and ordering human dupes to die in his fkn name.

The Old Testament, once the creation story is told, it continues onto  war and murder and rape and slavery and slaughter and butchery and incest and it just doesn't stop until the end. And then after some 500-600 historical gap  the New Testament pick up the violence and war and conflict.

There is an example of god seemingly enjoying a bit of gamble... with his buddy Satan who had been just lolling around on earth with nothing much to do, bored to tears as was our Lord so they decided to torment poor old job for a bet .

In the story of Job where  the god who loves us all not just ("his own people - Israel") watches Job his "most loyal servant" lose his home, his livestock, his house, his servants and his children!  yes all dead!! 

Job 1

Try reading it,ya know. Just to cheer yourself up.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@EtrnlVw
Good guess, you could say that God is the Ultimate Observer.

You CAN also say the he is an egotistical, self indulgent psychopathic schizophrenic, too

Since God exists within a singular reality

Lets have some factual based evidence that god exists outside of your own mind, just for fkn once.

there's not much to do other than to create stuff

How fkn childish. So all of creation was done because this god was fkn bored? Let me tell you. I am fkn bored silly that people like you spew and present  all of your biblical and religious beliefs as fact and never ever present evidence, ever, at all. 

so maybe you could say that God is the ultimate Creator.

and then you could say nature is.

That's pretty much the only thing God CAN do,

Your joking surely? What about all those wars he and his dictates have created since time began?

but creation is no joke God is a genius in that arena.

FFS!!

God can observe through every single channel of awareness,

FFS!

the comparison would be like not only watching an endless array of movies but also being the actor within them.
FFS!

So there ya have it,

yes and not a single shred of evidence to back up a single word that has come spewing out of your wide bible-bashing mouth. FFS!!

God is a movie maker and an actor in It's own movies.

And an egotistical, self indulgent psychopathic warmongering schizophrenic, too

BTW this is the best topic and question I've seen in a long time, good job. 

Stop lying. There ere plenty of good questions about your religion, your bible, your god and your beliefs that you persistently avoid. This thread has simply enabled you to talk fluffy about your god. It doesn't challenge your theological beliefs or knowledge in the slightest.

Try these>>>> Post 21

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@EtrnlVw
the thread ended up as I thought it would, self absorbed people butting into a conversation just to ruin it, but again that was expected, shame their lives are such that this is normal behavior for them, such is the internet.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
the thread ended up as I thought it would,

Sorry ,TheDredPriateRoberts but if that comment above was intended with my posts in mind I have to say, that you and EtrnlVw actually invited those responses. 

EtrnlVw above  indicates to you of how serious all of  this subject is and  he is right " it is no joke"  and is no fun ride for the squeamish, I can  promise you.

Seriously, what kind of response was you expecting from a theist ? And what kind of response were you hoping for from someone who doesn't agree with how the scriptures and priests have presented  god and Jesus over the millennia? 

They can never , ever support their claims. 

If you are sincere about wanting to know about god then accept it from the scriptures themselves, god was not a nice being by any standards. He was a bully, a tyrant , self serving hypocrite and dictator who ordered the deaths of hundreds of thousands of men women and children - but he loves us. Give me a fkn break!
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Stephen
I don't care what they support, it was meant to be an adult conversation about what they think and what they know that is all.  there is/was absolutely no reason to challenge them or divide to the nasty levels some chose to do.

<br>
I asked some very simple questions, simple to me in my mind actually.  How or why someone interpreted them as an invitation for a heated debate I don't understand.

how and why such simple questions resulted is name calling and other derogatory words I could use boggles the mind, gee I wonder why people don't stick around here, go figure.

you and EtrnlVw actually invited those responses. 
you may wish to go back and self reflect, your hostile responses are not warranted.

if you thought post #10 included you, then maybe you are the problem.

did I ask them to?
Stephen
Stephen
I don't care what they support,
Neither do I as long as they can back up their claims

it was meant to be an adult conversation about what they think and what they know that is all. 
And that is exactly what you got. But without support for what it is they claim to know. I ask for support of their extraordinary claims. let me tell you, extraordinary claims requires extraordinary supporting evidence. which is never forth coming. it was a good question you posed, but certainly not one to challenge their extraordinary beliefs.

there is/was absolutely no reason to challenge them or divide to the nasty levels some chose to do.

I am hard pressed to see the hate and and divide you mention coming from me at least. I have stated facts. I have given you an example of what god likes to do in his spare time and for fun. It wasn't presenting it with sarcasm, I was showing you a sound solid biblical fact which was just one of many hundreds.  It appears you are not understanding too much here. The hate in the bible comes from god. The divide also comes from god. There is nothing nice about god. God divided people into tribes and nations; he had his own special and "chosen" people. He intentional caused one peoples to hate another. There is nothing fluffy and sweet about god

I asked some very simple questions, simple to me in my mind actually.  How or why someone interpreted them as an invitation for a heated debate I don't understand.

Its a forum. A religious forum. Religion is a tough subject.  

you and EtrnlVw actually invited those responses. 
you may wish to go back and self reflect, your hostile responses are not warranted.

That is a matter of opinion . I have gone over post nine and I cannot see anything wrong with it or my responses.

if you thought post #10 included you, then maybe you are the problem.

Wasn't it then? I was pretty convinced it was; maybe you'd like to clear that up.

did I ask them to?

But I do, and they don't
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Stephen
But I do, and they don't
so you wish to hi-jack my thread then?  pretty much the posts have done that imo  I set the questions and the tone of this thread have you supported that and kept with it's theme or have you taken it in a different direction with your posts?

this isn't just about you anyway but rather the culture of the internet and forums, which is why they are dying except for the few holdouts.

#8 fit as a response which is fine, but I would be more interested in the now and future, it would seem God was more interactive then, then suddenly not, so what does God occupy himself with now and how?  Perhaps this is more philosophical than religion, sometimes those lines are hard to see.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts

so you wish to hi-jack my thread then? 

No. I have simply asked for evidence that supports what someone has claimed on your thread.

#8 fit as a response which is fine,.............. it would seem God was more interactive then, then suddenly not, so what does God occupy himself with now and how? 

Now that is a terrific question!!!

We have new gods now, TheDredPriateRoberts. They are called Corporations. They have all the money, the  power and the glory. They dictate to governments who are the new priests. The  media is their bible that tells us what it is they need us to know. They tell the governments to tell us what we can buy, how much we can spend and where we an spend it. they tell governments how much or how little we can earn.  Nothing has changed, its just a little more 21st century. This is what the gods do to occupy themselves for fun today,TheDredPriateRoberts . They are called the gods of the new millenia. ... or new age as Jesus would say.

Matthew 28:20 

And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Stephen
I'm thinking on a larger scale, the universe etc, the very beginning (again we have to accept assumptions) has everything been created or is there something more?  If it's all done, then what?  Once you assemble a puzzle there's really not much else to do with it.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts

If it's all done, then what? 

I asked similar about heaven/paradise. I asked when if I go to heaven then what.https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/1495/paradise-then-what

Once you assemble a puzzle there's really not much else to do with it.
That would  depend on if you have all the pieces in front of you. It depends if there are more pieces to be added.

has everything been created
 That word again; created, your assuming god again. 

or is there something more?  If it's all done, then what? 
This may interest you, TheDredPriateRoberts. It may even answer your question/s
 Ecclesiastes 1:9 

What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun.

Going by that it looks like it all starts all over again.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Stephen
your assuming god again. 
yes, we must do so to have this conversation otherwise it would just be another argument about the existence of God.

the number of times you had to repeat yourself in that thread is frustrating, you have more patience that I do.

so we are stuck in a loop?

disgusted
disgusted
What does Mumbles do for fun?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
your assuming god again. 
yes, we must do so to have this conversation otherwise it would just be another argument about the existence of God.

I meant the assumption that A god created everything. Discussing a  god as a creator and a god as just another type of being to me are two different things. 

I happen to believe that these beings,  so called "gods" existed here once and now they are gone. I don't believe they or one of them created the universe but I do believe they had a big hand in our evolution and development. I believe they were beings with superior intelligence and knowledge compared to ancient human beings.  And  what they did and how they appeared must have been  ' miraculous'  to early ancient man. I don't have any evidence for my beliefs I only have what some would call ` logical fallacies'. But I believe the evidence for my beliefs is slowly being discovered and revealed, by modern science and new clinical archaeology and, believe it or not - the bible 

There is without doubt a lot of facts to be gleaned from the biblical scriptures - minus the miracles. I have said many times on this forum I believe much of what is going on in the bible, it is history. I am not religious in the slightest.

so we are stuck in a loop?

Yes by all accounts , the big astrological clock keeps turning. There are many references to the zodiac and the "signs" throughout the bible. 

I have shown you above that Jesus  tells  his followers; " Matthew 28:20 , And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

He is talking about the age of the fish, Pieces. This is why I believe, that there are references to  fish, fishermen in scripture, he also states things such "I am the alpha and the omega" and   "the beginning and the end".

It is relatively easy  for anyone to understand the meaning here once one realises that he is talking about what goes on in the "heavens" above our heads and the movement of the "heavenly" bodies and I don't mean  angels. 

I think now I may have hijacked your thread unintentionally. I apologise.

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Stephen
I don't consider it a hijack, I appreciate you knowledge and insight, a lot of what you said I never heard before so it's been educational for me which I appreciate.
Intelligent design makes the most sense to me but that's a different topic I guess.

I don't remember which religion, Buddhist or something, the one that believes in reincarnation and their goal is to rid themselves of all desires so they won't be reincarnated and just fade into nothingness, something like that anyway.

I'm a Pieces btw hahaha, love coidences like that.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
I'm a Pieces btw hahaha, love coidences like that.

Well, your time is up my friend. We are now almost in the another age  and Jesus'  (the fish) time has passed or about to. the earth is closer to the sun and the backdrop to the rising sun on the spring equinox is showing Aquarius the water carrier. The church won't like you knowing these facts, but ask yourself, why do the church spend £ millions on building their own telescopes around the globe and has its own school of astrologers as does  Queen of England? Remember the wise men seeing a "star"? Not just any star, but "his star".

For we have seen His star in the East and have come to worship Him.”Matthew 2:2

Coincidental; facts.
It may interest you to know that the pope's ring is called the "fisherman ring". This ring adorning the finger of a Pope in usually destroyed when a Pope dies and a new ring is forged for the new incoming elected Pope.

Pope Benedict XVI the last Popes ring wasn't destroyed. Indeed it is now housed in the Vatican museum where it can be viewed at certain times of the year.

Pope Benedict XVI retired from his post. this is supposed to be a position for life until death.

Across the water here in England the Archbishop of Canterbury C of E retired from a job that is supposed to be for life until death. 

Both Pope Benedict and Archbishop Rowan Williams both stood down from their posts almost within days of one another. It had everything to do with the Calendar and what was going on above in the heavens.

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Stephen
I find that all very interesting, though I know very little about it.  
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
the thread ended up as I thought it would, self absorbed people butting into a conversation just to ruin it, but again that was expected, shame their lives are such that this is normal behavior for them, such is the internet.

Yes I agree, we should elaborate instead of feeding into their obsessions. Let me know if you have any further questions bro, cool topic. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Stephen
Stop lying.

FFS Stevie, you're making yourself look like an insane babbling geek. 

There ere plenty of good questions about your religion, your bible

After all this time you still have no idea about my beliefs lol. Your attention span is about as nonexistent as your intelligence. 

yes and not a single shred of evidence to back up a single word that has come spewing out of your wide bible-bashing mouth. FFS!!

I did exactly what was asked of me, grow up.

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
But what does God do?  Just observe?  What is written?
I agree with Etrnl, on more than one thing... interesting question, and i do like his angle as well although i look at god more as a platform than a single thing... but then again, i don't see why it can't be a single thing either... i simply don't know. 

But to your question, the way i like to look at this is more anthropomorphic. Imagine in a million years humans learn everything about the human body. To the point we can create a human from scratch. In this world, we would also likely have learned how to create a brain and maintain our own. Therefore, let's just take a leap and say we figure out how to download, upload, maintain... everything with our own brains. Effectively, that would make us not only immortal (to the extend our universe allows), but also god-like in that we can create any "simulation" we can think of. 

Imagine you lived in this world. You are immortal, but also have the power to do any simulation you want. What would you do? I'd like to generalize that everyone will just continue to live experiences, but interestingly, i image an immortal would go backwards. An immortal would like to live finite experiences only bc of fun. You can have one experience, die, then have another. 

I don't think it would be much different for a god in this way. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Outplayz
and i do like his angle as well although i look at god more as a platform than a single thing... but then again, i don't see why it can't be a single thing either... i simply don't know.

There's a few ways to satisfy the Singularity of the first Source. We can use energy as it exists as a singular reality (within form and independent of form) where it is neither created or destroyed and is omnipresent throughout the universe why? because conscious activity generates energy, that is why energy even exists (this is my theory I know) therefore awareness and energy actually co-exist as a singular force....if they co-exist they are both a singular reality which pervades all of creation and that makes perfect sense. Otherwise energy would be a reality independent of consciousness, and has a property that awareness does not have making it greater than awareness if you were to claim that consciousness has many origins.

We can deduce from quantum physics which exposes the interconnectedness throughout all things which basically means there is a singular binding unity that holds all things together, again we can attach awareness to this because of what this singular binding unity produces (intelligence) ....we can assume religious sources are all correct when they point to a Singular God as the base of creation, out of which all things originate.
Basically it just flat out makes more logical common sense that all things come from a singular Source rather than many and there is no real reason to reject that proposition, it makes a solid foundation which is easy to articulate. If you propose many Sources, you have to explain where many come from.
Since energy itself is an omnipresent singular pervasive force it makes sense that beyond all creation, form and duality there is a singular Reality that all things come from rather than many sources. I propose that energy does not exist alone by itself because the processes that it produces is more in line with intelligence and awareness. If we accept that energy exists alone as it is eternally, then there is no real reason to reject the proposition that awareness exists alone as it is eternally. They work together as a singular reality, creating many realities.
I think the more we pry into the source of existence the more we will find there is a singular reality involved.  

God can certainly be a platform as well as a singular Force, a platform would be a foundation and a foundation need be a ground level, underlying backdrop, which supports all things.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Outplayz
but also god-like in that we can create any "simulation" we can think of. 

Imagine you lived in this world. You are immortal, but also have the power to do any simulation you want. What would you do? I'd like to generalize that everyone will just continue to live experiences, but interestingly, i image an immortal would go backwards. An immortal would like to live finite experiences only bc of fun. You can have one experience, die, then have another. 

Exactly, especially if it exists as a singular reality. Great point. 

BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@EtrnlVw

YOUR QUOTE MAKING OUR YAHWEH/JESUS AN ACTOR AND MOVIE MAKER: "So there ya have it, God is a movie maker and an actor in It's own movies. 

Wow, this concept could be real scary, or it could be very pleasant.   Can you imagine Yahweh making a movie relative to His Creation? How interesting would that be? Can you see Him picking up some "dust" and molding it into Adam!  Then Yahweh created animals and birds, but maybe this time He could show us what material He made these entities out of, because our Bible doesn't tell us.  I think the high point of the movie would be Adam being put to sleep and then Yahweh taking one of his ribs, and right on the spot, makes a woman called Eve, unbelievable, you can almost here the gasps of the audience when this scene presents itself, agreed?  

I mean, who wouldn't believe in the Christian faith with material like explained above.  Would you have an idea of who would play Adam? Who could play Eve? Since both actors have to be in the nude, then unfortunately the movie will have a R rating, but if the director goes further and shows Adam and Eve propagating to make their children, then it would have to have a X rating.

You mentioning the concept of Yahweh making and directing a movie was priceless, good job!

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@EtrnlVw
 If you propose many Sources, you have to explain where many come from.
I kinda do. I agree it can all come from a singular source. I just think that singular source is just at this point many. It can go backwards and become one again... but why? I'm using human emotions but to go backwards and just be one and infinite... and aware of that, seems frightening to me and i don't know why any ultimate intelligence would ever go back to being just one. Plus, it splitting up into many and infinitely moving forward that way makes more sense to me.. it makes sense of the chaos that way.  

To link it to this question... it would also be more fun not being the ultimate controller and not infinitely alone. An incorporeal god consciousness can do that easily by not being one ever again. But maybe it's both one and many. There is no reason why it can't be something past my imagining.