Author: drafterman

Total: 117
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
Mafia Wins!

Ragnar:

You are WARREN.
You are the GOON. You win with the Mafia.
SirAnonymous

You are WHITEFLAME.
You are the VANILLA. You win with the Town.
Singularity

You are PRESS. You were the first person voted out to be on the Jury and decide the final winner.
You are the RESTLESS SPIRIT. While dead, you may visit another player each night. During the following Day Phase, you will have a vote placed on that player.
SupaDudz

You are DRAFTER. Between winning challenges and hidden immunity idols, you were the vulnerable the least number of times throughout the game.
You are the BULLETPROOF. You cannot be killed other than by lynching. You win with the Town.
Zaradi

You are SUPA. You were protected by an immunity idol at a key moment, forcing out another player.
You are the 1x GOVERNOR. If the Day Phase voting would result in a player's lynching, you may change those results during the following Twilight Phase. You may change the results to another player or to a No Lynch. You win with the Town.
GreyParrot

You are SHAB.
Speedrace

You are LORDLUKE. You fancied yourself a mole, passing messages among players in the game.
You are the SPY. Below is a list of all roles in the game. During each Twilight Phase you may select one of those roles to send a message to. The player with that role will receive the message during the following Night Phase.
Waterphoenix

You are SUI. You formed a majority alliance at a key point in the game, turning the tide for those alligned with you.
You are a 1x MASON. Each night, you and the other masons visit another player and convert them into a MASON. You will all die if that person is Mafia.
(This is the role PM verbatim, but you are 1x meaning you get to mason one person and convert them into a mason, but can't recruit beyond that).
You win with the Town.
oromagi

You are SPEED. You used your mutiny ability to switch to the other tribe.
You are the TURNCOAT. You win with the Town. The first time the Mafia tries to Night Kill you, you will not die, but your alignment will change to win with the Mafia.

ILikePie

You are REF.
Twilight/Night Actions
TP/NP1
Zaradi - Waive
Speedrace - Send message to Water; NK Supa
Water - Recruit Grey

TP/NP2
Singularity - Vote Ragnar
Zaradi - Waive
Speedrace - Send message to Supa; NK Grey

TP/NP3
Singularity - Vote Zaradi
Zaradi - Overturn lynch onto SupaDudz
Speedrace - Waive message; NK Water

Analysis
This was a weird game to watch. Town had some rather insightful moments... and then never acted on them. Going into DP2, you had 3 confirmed/confirable Townies + a failed NK. That was a setup for success. Yet, collectively, you decided on some bizarre lynch decisions.

Day Phase 2 (and 3), Grey, Zaradi, Singularity all FOS'd Ragnar (and speed was willing to bus) but somehow you couldn't put it together and get him lynched. Zaradi even believed Singularity to be town while FOSing Ragnar, yet deliberately waived and let Singularity get lynched.

But, perhaps the most frustrating part was the exchange starting with this:
" look at the people that are not in my townpile. That are also not in your townpile." - GreyParrot

That is the most important statement ever made in the history of mafia. It is, in fact, the only statement that ever matters. If people HAD actually looked at their collective non-town piles and focused on where those piles overlapped (i.e. Ragnar) this game would have went better for Town. It is both a shame that this point was missed and a greater shame that Grey did not have the patience to explain it further.

Solid win for Mafia.
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Barney
@Vader
@SirAnonymous
@Zaradi
@Singularity
Walk of shame
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Greyparrot
@ILikePie5
@oromagi
@Speedrace
@WaterPhoenix
Face the music
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
Another one in the bag
SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
Ugh. I was 90% sure Speed was mafia and 75% sure on Ragnar. I had them. I had evidence. If Singularity hadn't voted...

Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@WaterPhoenix
Why didn't you reveal the fake caroler results that I sent to you?? We were so confused when you said nothing at all
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@SirAnonymous
Yeah if it wasn't for Singularity I think y'all would've had that in the bag
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
I learned a lot about how to play as town, though. This was my first time as town in a large game.
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@SirAnonymous
I had them. I had evidence.
You didn't need the evidence.

You and Zaradi both had Speed/Ragnar as a scum team possibility. Grey and Singularity would have been on board with Ragnar.

This was the thing Grey was trying to get across: evidence and arguments are not needed if you already agree on who is scum.

SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Barney
@Speedrace
The fake caroler results were a stroke of genius. You and Ragnar are two of the best three players as mafia on DART. You earned this win.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@drafterman
This was the thing Grey was trying to get across: evidence and arguments are not needed if you already agree on who is scum.
Now I know. I didn't then.

Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@drafterman
Only detract was that Grey was bent on the caroler results and not lynching Ragnar, even scum read me for trying to lol. The Spy role is just crazy
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Speedrace
The Caroler results were a very good idea from Speed. They served their purpose in distracting Town, though, personally, I would have never have acted on them without the Caroler outing themselves.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Speedrace
You did mess up slightly be sending them to Supa. He's known for gambits. You should have sent them to someone who never does gambits. It would have been harder to write them off if you'd done that. You messed up majorly by not claiming caroler. You would have had the wool pulled over our eyes completely had you done that.
drafterman
drafterman
Also, as an FYI, it would have been possible for the astute to recognize Speed's message as a fake.

Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@SirAnonymous
The fake caroler results were a stroke of genius. You and Ragnar are two of the best three players as mafia on DART. You earned this win.
Thank you so much dude, that means a lot!!

I would like to point out that we sent it to Supa for a reason

One, our message begins with "You received the following message," real caroler results would not begin with that
And two, they get received during the NP, vs real caroler messages which would get delivered during the DP

But we figured Supa would ignore both of those, and very glad that he did
Singularity
Debates: 11
Singularity
Pretty obvious ragnar was scum, but I stupidly misinterpreted what the governor was supposed to do. Either way no excuse to not lynch ragnar 2 dps in a row when he was obvious.  Speed played very well
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Speedrace
One, our message begins with "You received the following message," real caroler results would not begin with that
And two, they get received during the NP, vs real caroler messages which would get delivered during the DP
Winner winner chicken dinner.

SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Speedrace
But we figured Supa would ignore both of those, and very glad that he did
That makes sense. You still should have claimed caroler, though. You would have been unstoppable had you done that.

Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@SirAnonymous
You did mess up slightly be sending them to Supa. He's known for gambits. You should have sent them to someone who never does gambits. It would have been harder to write them off if you'd done that. You messed up majorly by not claiming caroler. You would have had the wool pulled over our eyes completely had you done that.
I was initially very scared of having no justification, so I didn't claim caroler. I regretted it after though, and you're right that I should've

SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Speedrace
SupaDudz literally handed you a justification on a platter around page 7 of DP3.

Speedrace
Speedrace
At one point I messaged Luke and asked him if he was a good singer xD
Singularity
Singularity
Reading g grey's message I had the same thoughts as drafter. He shouldn't have had to explain it further though. You see where your scum piles overlap and act in accordance
drafterman
drafterman
Also, the reason there was no thematic cut between town and scum was, frankly, because I couldn't think of one. I had some ideas but none of them really held up so I just abandoned the idea altogether.

Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@SirAnonymous
SupaDudz literally handed you a justification on a platter around page 7 of DP3
I'll be less paranoid next time! I probably could've gotten away without anyone asking for the justification anyway tho

Oh and the other thing was that I didn't want anyone to wonder why I wasn't dying
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Singularity
Reading g grey's message I had the same thoughts as drafter. He shouldn't have had to explain it further though. You see where your scum piles overlap and act in accordance
As I told Zaradi in the game, I have never successfully scumhunted. I really don't know what I'm doing as town.

Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@drafterman
Also, the reason there was no thematic cut between town and scum was, frankly, because I couldn't think of one. I had some ideas but none of them really held up so I just abandoned the idea altogether.
It is incredibly hard to think of these
Singularity
Singularity
-->
@SirAnonymous
You know you need to negotiate lynches even if you can't target your number one suspect 
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Speedrace
Oh and the other thing was that I didn't want anyone to wonder why I wasn't dying
Because GP was dying instead. Why did you kill him instead of Zaradi, though?

SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Singularity
You know you need to negotiate lynches even if you can't target your number one suspect 
In my head, I know that. I don't have the experience to do it in practice.