DART Survivor Mafia - End Game

Author: drafterman

Total: 117
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
Ragnar has been scum a lot lately. Gonna be a good investigation target for future games.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@SirAnonymous
I had the best claim for a BP which no one claimed, definetly should have rethunk the flip. No one else claimed it. Why would I pull that gambit as mafia when I was already setup to win. It is a dumb gambit and it's a dumb gambit to pull off
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Vader
Why would I pull that gambit as mafia when I was already setup to win. It is a dumb gambit and it's a dumb gambit to pull off
It would have been a dumb thing to do, but we were too lazy to find an alternate explanation.

Vader
Vader
-->
@SirAnonymous
Exactly. Bad town play by assuming I'd do that gambit. I said I stopped doing gambits a while ago, that a horrible excuse
Vader
Vader
-->
@Greyparrot
I town read you once confirmed by the NK. Stop. There was reasonable FOS on your claim with Water thing unless confirmed
Vader
Vader
-->
@drafterman
My role description is wrong. I did not protect myself. I protected REF
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@Vader
Okay.
Vader
Vader
-->
@drafterman
Just saying

IYKYK
Zaradi
Debates: 4
Zaradi
Well I only had to wait 4 pages for the salty Supa reaction. More of a wait than I thought I'd have to wait, but y'know 
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@Zaradi
LOL thank you for that
TheHammer
Debates: 0
TheHammer
Love the theme lmao
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@TheHammer
In retrospect I should have had you in the game as the only super-powered mafioso
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Zaradi
Well I only had to wait 4 pages for the salty Supa reaction. More of a wait than I thought I'd have to wait, but y'know 
This one was milder than most, but yeah. There's usually a few supa posts in the endgame where he calls everyone bad and doesn't take any responsibility for his part in the game.

drafterman
drafterman
There is a fair share of blame to go around on the Town side
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
But, perhaps the most frustrating part was the exchange starting with this:
" look at the people that are not in my townpile. That are also not in your townpile." - GreyParrot

That was pretty frustrating for me while watching too, mostly due to the fact that the misunderstanding was primarily caused by the fact that GP used two-year-old grammar by randomly putting a period in the middle of the sentence for no reason (I am glad you copied the quote of what he actually said instead of just typing out what GP was trying to say so I didn't have to dig through the game to show what I mean) and never correcting the mistake after noticing it.

People may give me shit for being a 'grammar nazi' but if you mean to convey a certain message and you actually end up conveying some other message because you didn't bother to actually say what you mean and instead say something else then... I mean, how is that not a problem? The whole point of having conversations is to convey meaning to another person. If you are not going to do that then why waste your time?
Vader
Vader
-->
@Zaradi
Sorry but life takes priority over your dumb play, honey
Zaradi
Zaradi
-->
@Vader
Lol. If I were you, I'd address my own reputation before I start concerning myself with other people's play. Honey.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Zaradi
Wasn't my worse game wasn't my best
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
Supa didn't even have bad play this game lol, it's just that he's blaming everyone and getting all defensive
Vader
Vader
-->
@Speedrace
Zaradi made a bad decision. When I make a bad decision I get called out for it, so I will call them out. It was IDIOTIC
Zaradi
Zaradi
-->
@Vader
C'mon we both know that's not why you're tilted. Tell us how you really feel 
Vader
Vader
-->
@Zaradi
Tilted, I have never heard anyone use that word. Rephrase
Zaradi
Zaradi
-->
@Vader
You play overwatch. Yes you have.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Zaradi
Nvm lol, I call it "Not that same Bastion!"

I mean a plethora of IRL things, but in game, yea basically that's it

drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Greyparrot
There was no scenario you can imagine where town would lose by waiting 1 day to lynch him.
You're right that waiting a single day wouldn't have lost down the game. And given that there was no NK NP1 (due to Supa's BP) I'm sure everyone would have assumed they converted oro and he'd get lynched anyway.

But I don't think that's a point in your favor, since they are mechanically equivalent.

The main issue with your thinking was statements like this:

It's a ridiculously dumb idea because if scum wastes a nk on traitor they just give town a free night action..... no reason at all for town to be voting up a wash that gives town an extra night action.
It isn't a waste of an NK. An NK only reduces Town numbers by one.
A conversion reduces Town numbers by one and increases Mafia numbers by one. It is mathematically worse.
Secondly, the conversion is secret so Town doesn't know what has happened and simply think there was a blocked NK.

oro outing prevented that outcome, for sure, but that just presents scum another option:

Wait until MYLO. At MYLO, the conversion ends the game during the night and there isn't another DP for Town to do anything about it.

That means with oro outed, you had to kill him before MYLO came around. But lynching him on any day is just as good as lynching him any other day.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@drafterman
I thought drafterman's mod style was intelligent and effective.  I note Speed is already adapting to the example set here.
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@oromagi
Thank you for the kind words. I try to keep things simple and not get "involved" in the game, per se.