Hillary's criticism of Bernie may in fact help him over Warren

Author: Imabench

Total: 5
Imabench
Debates: 6
Imabench
Ill keep this brief

1) Warren and Sanders are competing for the same bloc of liberal voters in the Dem primary, with Biden courting the moderates in his camp. Anyone who has basic understanding of the candidates can observe that. 

2) In order for one of them (Sanders or Warren) to be the representative of the liberal faction of the Dem party, one of them has to beat out the other, and do so quickly to have any chance at beating Biden in the second half of the primary season

3) Hillary Clinton, the polar opposite of what the liberal faction likes and in fact rather loathe due to 2016, just heavily criticized Bernie, calling him unlikable, without allies in Congress, etc. 

4) Since Hillary is the virtual representation of a democratic centrist career politician, criticism from her is effectively a certification of being a 'radical outsider' which Warren fans and Sanders fans are drawn towards. 

Conclusion:

With Warren and Sanders competing to be the 'radical outsider' among the liberal base, and with Hillary Clinton herself singling out Sanders for criticism, she has effectively made Sanders THE outsider candidate, which he could use to cement his claim that he is the forebearer of the liberal faction of the party, since the spokesperson (one of them at least) of the center of the party identified him as the person to be aware of. 

This, combined with AOC's previous endorsement and Warrens continued slide in numbers, should give Sanders a major boost in cementing his claim as #2 in the Dem primary 

SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
-->
@Imabench
You could be right. I think that Warren was going down anyway, though.
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@Imabench
I disagree with parts of your assessment, but I think your main conclusion is correct. The kind of people who like clinton would never vote for bernie sanders anyway. The fact that the establishment likes Warren and hates sanders only fuels sanders. 
Imabench
Debates: 6
Imabench
-->
@SirAnonymous
I think that Warren was going down anyway, though.
Considering that she has been in the top 3 of the crowded Dem primary for a vast majority of the campaign, Warren definitely has the potential to stay in the race longer than a majority of the field... Trailing Sanders by 7 points nationally after being ahead of Bernie by 12 points in October also doesnt make it impossible for her to bounce back either, but with Hillary singling out Sanders in particular, it does become a lot harder now than it was just days earlier

HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@Imabench
Trailing Sanders by 7 points nationally after being ahead of Bernie by 12 points in October also doesnt make it impossible for her to bounce back either
I agree, it wasn't impossible for her to bounce back. It still isn't. But it is highly unlikely at this point.

Bloomberg is taking a big chunk of her upper middle class white votes (which is the core of her support). Her medicare plan was trash and that hurt her with progressives. Her failed smear on bernie hurt her alot more and showed she was a backstabbing politician 1st, a progressive 2nd. 

Unless something big changes in the next few weeks, her path to winning is more or less gone.