Goodbye

Author: SirAnonymous

Total: 27
SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
I've realized that this site is taking up far too much of my time. I don't have the motivation to continue. I'll be leaving as of now. I may log in briefly later to say a few final goodbyes. Thank you all very much for being good to me for the few months I've been here. I am sorry to have to quit in the middle of the mafia and Survivor games. I to thank you all for being good friends to me. Thank you for putting up with my bad jokes and laughing at my satire. If I have offended or wronged any of you, I sincerely apologize. I wish all of you the very best. As a final request, learn to forgive others. The recent events on the Political Engine server have created a lot of drama and controversy. Don't bear anyone any grudges for it. I don't think I have made any enemies while I'm here, and for that I'm glad. If I have done so unintentionally, please accept my complete apologies. I do not know if I shall be gone forever or if I will someday return.

Again, I am very thankful for how you have all treated me. May the grace and mercy of our God and of His Son Jesus Christ be with you all.
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@SirAnonymous
Is it temporary or permanent in theory?
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
God Bless You Mr. Reptilian Overlord
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Alec
I don't know. I will be gone for at least several months, but probably forever.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@ILikePie5
Thanks, Pie.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
I want to make it very clear that it's no one's fault that I'm leaving. This is entirely my own decision.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
nooooooooooooooo
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Sorry. I'll miss you.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@SirAnonymous
come back on weekends, PLEASE
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Dr.Franklin
I will have to spend at least several months away. I've become addicted to DART. It will take time to undo that. I don't know if I'll be back. Maybe someday. I won't be here for much more than an hour. I'll get to my computer, type up a few more final words, and ride off into the sunset.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@SirAnonymous
ok, goodbye
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
Well, this is it, friends. I intend this to be my final post on DART. This is hard for me to write. Inwardly, I am a very emotional person, although I rarely show it. I can honestly say that I love you all. I am aware that I have not always succeeded in showing it. To everyone that I have hurt, I unreservedly apologize, and I hope for your forgiveness. This has been an interesting chapter of my life. In many ways, it has been good. You have been good to me. However, this site has also exposed some things about me that I am not proud of. This persona of SirAnonymous is an odd fellow. In some ways, I like him. I was unaware that I could actually write humor that others would appreciate. I am surprised that I can be good as a Judas in mafia but awful as town. However, I see his bluntness toward those he disagrees with, and I cringe. I see where he has been harsh, and the harshness crushes me. SirAnonymous is a mask, and it is a mask that I have a love/hate relationship with. But what repulses me most about SA is that he is me, and I am ashamed of some of what I've seen. It is time for this knight to lay down his sword. If I choose to pick it up again, I hope that I am ready to carry it. I wasn't ready this time, just as I wasn't ready when I was on DDO. But enough about me.

I want to tell all of you that I genuinely care about you. Some of you I have interacted with enough to be friends, as much as anyone can be friends through the guise of anonymous online accounts. I will miss you all. You have been the best part of my time here. Though not all of you believe that it will do any good, I will pray for you all. Perhaps someday I will "Come Home" to DART as this song says. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb4leFqWI5E (Ok, that's not exactly what it says). I don't know. Perhaps I will return. Perhaps I will pop in occasionally. Perhaps this is the last you will ever hear of me. Only time will tell. If I do come back, it will not be for at least half a year.

As logicae would say, "To Truth!" I encourage you all to continue your search for truth. Never value your own opinions and biases over the truth.

The Reptile has already left Discord. It is now time for the Knight to leave DART. I lay down my sword. 

May the grace and peace of God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ be with you all.

Sincerely,
SirAnonymous, unworthy child of the only worthy King. To Him be all the glory.

ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous, unworthy child of the only worthy King. To Him be all the glory.
Amen, and amen.

:::sniff:::

293 days later

SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
I don't want to, but I need to say goodbye yet again. I've hit a low point in my life. This site and many other things have become too much of a distraction for me. I don't have the self-control to limit my time here like I need to. I need to quit this site and do my best to quit a bunch of other time-consuming habits. I've gotten  to the point where all the time I'm spending on the internet is having serious negative impacts in my life. I don't have time for the things that matter most because of it. I'll finish  my debate with Mall and disappear. I hate to say it, but it will probably be permanent this time. I know myself too well to risk coming back. I wouldn't be able to stop myself from wasting too much time again.

I'll miss you guys, and I wish you the best. God bless.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@SirAnonymous
:(

Goodbye Sir, I will miss playing mafia with you. You are one of the better players here. I am sorry about my arguments with you in that theweakeredge thread, I hope that isn't any influence in you leaving. 
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@SirAnonymous
Anytime you want to vent, an ear and a shoulder are at [email protected]

Your low point will pass. Just hang on.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Lunatic
Goodbye Sir, I will miss playing mafia with you. You are one of the better players here.
Thanks. It was fun to play with you.
I am sorry about my arguments with you in that theweakeredge thread, I hope that isn't any influence in you leaving. 
Don't be. Nothing anyone on DART has done anything  that has made me want to leave. I'm the reason I need to leave, not anyone else.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@ethang5
Thanks for the offer. I think I can work it out, but it will take a lot of time. I'll need to retrain myself to not get distracted and stay focused.
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
-->
@SirAnonymous
bruh don't make me cry like dat wtf.

But seriously it sucks to see you go. 
seldiora
Debates: 158
seldiora
-->
@SirAnonymous
NUUUUuuuuu everyone is leaving the site ;.;
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@MisterChris
@seldiora
I'll miss you guys.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
Well, I just finished my debate with Mall, so it's time for me to head out. It's fitting that my final act on DART was to argue in favor of a completely insane proposal just because I found the satire in it to be darkly amusing. I'll miss you all, but I need to straighten out my life.

Might still drop by every once in a while to say hello, but I don't think I'll ever really be back. So, for the foreseeable future, this is it, friends. God bless you all.

PressF4Respect
Debates: 10
PressF4Respect
-->
@SirAnonymous
Hey buddy! Long time no se...
Crocodile
Debates: 22
Crocodile
-->
@PressF4Respect
f  
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@SirAnonymous
Brooo I had no idea until today! Sad to see you go but hope all is well and that anything that isn't gets better. Glad I got to meet you
Sum1hugme
Debates: 37
Sum1hugme
-->
@SirAnonymous
Well that's sucks man, DART Bard was super quality. Hope you decide to take the cite back up again sometime. We're worse off without ya!
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@SirAnonymous
Good bye! Thank you for being good part of this site, I'm sorry I missed your send off.