Moderation Notice (religion)

Author: David

Archived
Read-only
Total: 43
David
Debates: 91
David
This is a message to all religious forum users.

Since the beginning of the new year, the overwhelming majority of forum post reports has involved users and posts in this forum. Over two dozen of such reports with only 2 or 3 not being from this forum.

Many of these are not strict violations, but come close to toeing this line. Some users have had to be warned and some posts deleted.

Despite these actions, user interactions has grown increasingly vitriolic and more and more posts are coming close to and crossing that line. Rather than continue to issue individual warnings and habding out temporary bans, I am sending out a blanket warning to all religious forum users:

Reign in the insults and personal attacks. There is a negative feedback loop that is making each conversation consistently worse and worse.

The Moderation team is going to establish the following course of action:
1. Mark all current reports as handled; the above warning serves as a warning for all users regarding all reported posts.
2. Continue to monitor the situation.
3. If individual threads receive a high number of reports, and those reports involve posts that cross the line, or are coming close to crossing the line, the moderators will post a warning in that thread and lock it for 24 hours.
4. If the behavior repeats after the thread is reopened, the thread will be locked permanently.
5. If a thread is locked permanently as a result of the above, any users with any post that violates the CoC will be temporarily banned.
6. Continued violations after a temporary ban will result in further bans of increasing duration until the ban is indefinite

The moderation team knows that any discussion about religion will inevitably get heated, but please make sure you are following the CoC. 

Thanks,
Virtuoso
-Chief Moderator

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@David
Thanks.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
meh, was expected

ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@David
Can you give us an update on how things are going in your opinion?

Has the board gotten better, stayed the same or gotten worse?
David
Debates: 91
David
-->
@ethang5
There has been some moderate improvement, especially since Disgusted is gone. Though the vast majority of reports come from this forum 
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@David
Thanks, but since reports may not actually represent the CoC state of the board, and the vast number of those reports come from one person, I meant, when you examine those reports, has behavior improved or not?

I will redouble my effort and encourage theists to do the same.
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
 and the vast number of those reports come from one person,

How would you know that to be the case? Are you stating facts.

I am sure that if it were only "one person"   a board full of moderators would be able to handle it without having to issue this broad and collective notice.

So, could you put us all in the picture as to how you would have such first hand knowledge when the moderators have specifically stated that "  Over two dozen of such reports" have came from the religion forum? Are you telling us that you have first hand knowledge that almost two dozen reports have come from one single poster? 
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@ethang5
@Stephen
This thread should be reserved for acknowledgement, questions, and concerns about the above warning.

Non-moderators do not have visibility into the author of reports and a blanket, forum-wide warning would not be issued if this were limited to reports by or about a single users.

The authors of the reports are multiple and the targets are multiple.
ethang5
ethang5
I did not say it was a single reporter, but that most reports were by a single reporter.

But we're glad things seem to be improving.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
I did not say it was a single reporter, but that most reports were by a single reporter.

Stop with the semantics and your lies. This is what you have written at post 6 above:

"the vast number of those reports come from one person".

It would be nice to know how it is that you appear to have access to knowledge that only a moderator should have?

Here is your full post 6 quote in its full and complete context :

Added: 01.29.20 12:46PM
--> @Virtuoso
Thanks, but since reports may not actually represent the CoC state of the board, and the vast number of those reports come from one person, I meant, when you examine those reports, has behavior improved or not?

I will redouble my effort and encourage theists to do the same.

ethang5
ethang5
I did not say it was a single reporter, but that most reports were by a single reporter.

Stop with the semantics and your lies. This is what you have written at post 6 above:

"the vast number of those reports come from one person".

Right, I said most reports were by a single reporter. I did not say all reports were by a single person.

It would be nice to know how it is that you appear to have access to knowledge that only a moderator should have?
How? Other than the fact that the mod verified it above? Common sense. 
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Barney
When we have people with a hate boner for Islam and/or Christianity that repeat the same tired topics as if something has changed apart from the next breaking news (Stephen), literally people who give 4 word responses as if that in some way answers anything (Mopac), literally inconsistent people who deny science for non-verified miracles whenever it suits them (n8nrgmi), beta Harikrish (ethang5) and more that I can't remember.

The most decent forum posters don't even post anymore like secularmerlin and Stronn.

And you think the personal attacks are the problem? You have literally fixed the problem of personal attacks when disgusted and Harikrish were booted of the site yet this was necessary. The only really people who can be banned for personal attacks are me or ethang5 currently. At this time only ethang5 commonly posts on the Religion forum so there is only one.

Forgot about BrotherDThomas. He is definitely going to be banned. 

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@David
Wrong person

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@David
Wrong person

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I believe that I am consistently a high quality poster. 

What you get out of me is directly proportional to the amount of honest effort you put into having a conversation with me. Simply trying to disprove my position is a waste of time when you don't understand it. You won't understand it if you reject it upfront.

I represent a very simple position, one that gets to the root of atheistic superstition. If I was believed, it would be apparent that I am only speaking the plain and simple truth. There is no reasonable argument against the position I represent, because it is flawless.

What is my position? The Eternal Way of Truth.

Certainly a position that goes beyond me.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Mopac
I believe that I am consistently a high quality poster. 
You also believe that God exists so yeah.
What you get out of me is directly proportional to the amount of honest effort you put into having a conversation with me.
Honestly (insert personal attack).
Simply trying to disprove my position is a waste of time when you don't understand it. You won't understand it if you reject it upfront.
Guess you are not hear to have your mind change instead preach. A problem of the Religion forum. Nothing really eventful happens instead the same few people say the same thing about the next breaking news. Shame if only there was actual discussion not preaching going on. I guess this can be used for pretty much anything but I'll just stick to this.
I represent a very simple position, one that gets to the root of atheistic superstition. If I was believed, it would be apparent that I am only speaking the plain and simple truth. There is no reasonable argument against the position I represent, because it is flawless.
This is you preaching right not giving an argument? Noted. Guess all I say to this is that I don't understand it because I require an argument to understand it.
The Eternal Way of Truth.
ooo another 4 word phrase. 

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Exactly what I mean.

I suppose the pursuit of understanding would be meaningless to someone who identifies as a nihilist.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Mopac
Exactly what I mean.
Guess you agree with what I said.
I suppose the pursuit of understanding would be meaningless to someone who identifies as a nihilist.
I never knew I needed a pursuit to be able to understand but guess I am not the 4 word andy. 

drafterman
drafterman
Locking this thread as it has gone off topic. Please direct any questions to the moderation team via PM.

46 days later

Barney
Debates: 49
Barney
-->
@Willows
Related to the OP, Speedrace and I have made the decision to begin locking new threads created by already banned users. This is in accordance with the CoC as per the invented actions clause. 

I am implementing it using my best judgement, to minimize interference with user engagement (at least relating to users not banned).

This admin thread is at least temperately remaining unlocked to allow any discussion of this.
Biz_kit
Biz_kit
-->
@Barney

Although you have conveniently quoted the rules as the reason for the escalation of my banning (e.g. using a second account in order to circumvent being stopped from initiating threads) it may be worth reviewing the following.

The reason given for being suspended for making threads in the first place was:
 Given the previous hard warning
I was not aware of a previous warning (the preceding post), so I did not (willingly) defy such a warning. Upon reading the second post I sent you a message of apology. My message was ignored and not replied to.

The example of your reasoning in the second post was completely incorrect. You misquoted:
Accusing people of having boils on their asses for which they refuse medical treatment
Whereas, I actually stated:
 ........is going to cure the boil on your backside in favour over all the hundreds of thousands of parents around the world simultaneously praying, whose kids are dying from the most horrendous diseases.
Meaning; I hope that God would give priority to helping dying and suffering children above curing a petty complaint by a self-centered individual.

We then see you continue with:
behave or we'll more directly help you behave.
and:
we take your continued behavior to be a request for help with your impulse control. 
Surely, are you not guilty of breaking your own rules in order to unfairly castigate somebody else?

In other words, "designed to provoke" and "(rife) with insults."

I have made valuable, thought-provoking and ethical contributions to social forums for many years and to be singled out in such a manner I think is unfair. Perhaps you could bring it upon yourself to review your decisions.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
this is the last place for willows an he knows it

Relgiousforums is heavily theist, he cant get away with his spam,conduct or beliefs

Every other religion board or internet forum is dead, including the DDO one with hari the only person posting into oblivion

He knows this is the last place for him with the balance of theism VS atheism and the community that has known him, so he will continue creating alts for a week

Then he will move on to either social media or a completely different internet community and spam his religious nonsense

Oh well
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Dr.Franklin
so he will continue creating alts for a week
Much longer. He is compulsive and cannot stop as long as his compulsion has not found another outlet.

Then he will move on to either social media or a completely different internet community and spam his religious nonsense
And promptly get banned as he has been at every other site he has infected.

And as usual he will ignore all the evidence of him being a moron troll and insist that he has made valuable, thought-provoking and ethical contributions to social forums for many years, never admitting that for those many years, everyone called him an idiot.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@ethang5
HE IS Going to move on to a non-religious forum that has a tiny sub-forum called "beliefs and skepticism" or whatever and spam

All political forums have that
Iced_Vovo
Iced_Vovo
-->
@ethang5
And as usual he will ignore all the evidence of him being a moron troll and insist that he has made valuable, thought-provoking and ethical contributions to social forums for many years, never admitting that for those many years, everyone called him an idiot.
Don't you think that you are even more guilty of what you accuse others of?

Do you care to at least be human and civil by making an intelligent reply to the reasoned discussion presented by the person to whom you just made a post full of vile vitriol?
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Willows
@Iced_Vovo
Don't you think that you are even more guilty of what you accuse others of?
You mean what I accuse YOU of Willows?

Do I spam the board with repeat nonsense?

Are my threads a bunch of zero-reply repetitive turds?

Am I a troll who attacks others simply for their beliefs?

No loser, I do not think I am more guilty than you of being a moron troll.

Do you care to at least be human and civil...
When did humanity and civility matter to you? You're posting from your 12th sock puppet after being banned and you still won't admit that you are suffering from OCD.

You spent 7 years insulting and demeaning theists without provocation, because your delusion tells you theists are evil. And you justified your abuse by saying you were "saving" the gullible, and that theists deserved to be insulted.

When did civility or humanity begin to matter to you hypocrite?

You have demonstrated to all that you are a mentally ill troll. You have been humiliated in front of the entire site. Worse, your OCD forces you to keep making sock puppets to parade your humiliation.

You are where you are because you refuse to accept that you are ill. No one but you is to blame. Your online life will mirror your real life. Both you and the moron hari will end up broken and alone, having driven away everyone who was dumb enough to care for you.

Go ahead, shame yourself again. Make yet another sock puppet. You know the useless moron in every movie who everyone hates and wishes he'd die? In the Dart of Thrones, you're Joffery.
Melcharaz
Melcharaz
How yall doing?
Barney
Debates: 49
Barney
A few things were raised in #21.

While I normally am incessant on tagging the relevant people, I am choosing to not tag Willows for fear of aggravating his mental health (I do not want to taunt him into creating yet another account to carry on a conversation).

Willows first two accounts were only banned after he both switched back to the original to bypass the forum restriction to continue his spam crusade, and wantonly ignored PMs from moderation about his multi-accounting. I tried to work with him to allow him the continued privilege of using this site but he escalated things beyond that (and continues to do so).

I even repeatedly advised him that creating debates instead of forum topics would not be so frowned upon by moderation.

When things reach the point of me doing an in thread moderation intervention message, it's a pretty bad sign (to which the relevant user will always be tagged thus giving them a notification, them choosing to not read it, does not excuse them from it).

As per reviewing these decisions: Indefinite bans can usually be appealed after 90 days. Virt even established an email address specifically for this. For a case like Willows, this would be 90 days after the most recent continued spam offense. However I do not foresee an appeal being successful given the Gaslighting.
T_Wreck
T_Wreck
-->
@Barney
Well, may you contradict yourself:
“I am choosing to not tag Willows…….However I do not foresee an appeal being successful.”

Make unwarranted, crude personal attacks:
“….aggravating his mental health” and “your continued behavior to be a request for help with your impulse control.”

Trump up baseless accusations:
“…..to continue his spam crusade.”

Lie:
…..wantonly ignored PMs from moderation about his multi-accounting.” and  “I tried to work with him” and: “…..but he escalated things beyond that (and continues to do so).” and: “I even repeatedly advised him that creating debates instead of forum topics would not be so frowned upon by moderation.”  and: “…..declaring you did not intend any honest discussion while spewing insults.” Absolutely none of those happened by any stretch of the imagination, did they?

Patronize:
“Simply put, behave or we'll more directly help you behave.”

Simply making things up and deceptively misquoting:
“them choosing to not read it……” and “accusing people of having boils on their asses for which they refuse medical treatment.”

Ignore:
Do you really want me to quote the message I sent to you, for all to see?

Now, I could carry on by concluding “What the heck is going on?”

But let’s just cut to the chase, because we both know what is going on, don’t we? You simply hate those whose views are contrary to yours (“Religion…..catholicism”).
In other words, you are ignorant, arrogant and intolerant of others who do not conform to your own prejudiced views.

I have for a long time, campaigned tirelessly to expose those who use institutions to hide behind their weaknesses, prejudices, and bigotry in order to manipulate others for their own nefarious, self-centered ends and will continue to do so.

T_Wreck
T_Wreck
-->
@Barney
Well, may you contradict yourself:
“I am choosing to not tag Willows…….However I do not foresee an appeal being successful.”

Make unwarranted, crude personal attacks:
“….aggravating his mental health” and “your continued behavior to be a request for help with your impulse control.”

Trump up baseless accusations:
“…..to continue his spam crusade.”

Lie:
…..wantonly ignored PMs from moderation about his multi-accounting.” and  “I tried to work with him” and: “…..but he escalated things beyond that (and continues to do so).” and: “I even repeatedly advised him that creating debates instead of forum topics would not be so frowned upon by moderation.”  and: “…..declaring you did not intend any honest discussion while spewing insults.” Absolutely none of those happened by any stretch of the imagination, did they?

Patronize:
“Simply put, behave or we'll more directly help you behave.”

Simply making things up and deceptively misquoting:
“them choosing to not read it……” and “accusing people of having boils on their asses for which they refuse medical treatment.”

Ignore:
Do you really want me to quote the message I sent to you, for all to see?

Now, I could carry on by concluding “What the heck is going on?”

But let’s just cut to the chase, because we both know what is going on, don’t we? You simply hate those whose views are contrary to yours (“Religion…..catholicism”).
In other words, you are ignorant, arrogant and intolerant of others who do not conform to your own prejudiced views.

I have for a long time, campaigned tirelessly to expose those who use institutions to hide behind their weaknesses, prejudices and bigotry in order to manipulate others for their own nefarious, self-centered ends and will continue to do so.