Who was the god......

Author: Stephen

Total: 61
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
........if God is three and one at the same time, who was the God in Heaven within three days between the  crucifixion and the supposed resurrection?

Please support any claims with factual evidence.
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
The only thing I can say for sure with the information you've given, is that since the Christian God (the only God anyway) is NOT three and one at the same time, I haven't a clue which mythical god you're referring to.

Do small details of myth matter?
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@Stephen
When God became incarnate, the body of His flesh was circumscribed, but God's divinity is never circumscribed.

Jesus Christ, The Word of Truth and Eternal Way was, as the creed states "incarnate of the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary, and was made man;"

To illustrate a type of the reality, think about how we use words.

When The Divine Word takes the flesh of a written word, the written word can only point to The Divine Word if it the written word is recognized in truth as being The Incarnate Divine Word. Only when you believe the written word is The Divine Word it says it is do you have The Holy Spirit comforting you. 

If the flesh of the written word is destroyed, or say, all books were burned.. does The Divine Word perish? No, of course not. Rather, it descends into the grave, the lowest hell, conquering death by death and ascending back to heaven, filling all things. The stones cry out! God is with us, everywhere present and filling all things. The Word of God is eternal, and this is the Salvation we preach.

TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Stephen
You have made so many of these yet you still do. Are you hoping to finally get the argument to become a Christian or do you get a kick having the common Christians coming to comment on your topics? 
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@ethang5
You don't do the whole trinity thing then?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@TheRealNihilist
You have made so many of these yet you still do.

That doesn't answer the question. And doesn't make any sense either.

Are you hoping to finally get the argument to become a Christian

That doesn't answer the question either. Can you not stick to the question. 

or do you get a kick having the common Christians coming to comment on your topics? 

Well again, you haven't even  attempted the question but posed one of your own that has nothing to do with the OP.  This is how intentional diversion starts, by someone like you not even entertaining the question but prefer to challenge the questioner.  You will then complain later that I keep repeating the question because you have chosen to  ignore it altogether or have pretended not to even see it  because you have buried it under piles of irrelevant shite of your own.

Christians coming to comment on your topics? 
You simply do not have to comment on this thread and you do not even have to click on it to look at the content, you know its my thread, it has my name right next to its title like so; Author: Stephen.  but you just cannot help yourself, can you.

"if God is three and one at the same time, who was the God in Heaven within three days between the  crucifixion and the supposed resurrection"?

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mopac
I thought the question would be easier for even you to answer Mopac. I should have known better.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Stephen
There is only One God.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mopac
Ok, and what is his name?
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Stephen
The Existing One.
Stephen
Stephen
The Existing One.

Never heard of him/it. 

So are you are saying that the god that you refer to as "The Existing One" was the god residing in heaven while the Christ god was laying in the tomb supposedly dead for three days? 
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
The trinity is not "God is three and one at the same time."

So I concluded the OP is not referencing Christianity.

God is a title, not a name. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I am of the understanding that the one god is  made up of  three persons. Ergo three persons one god. This is not to say three gods making one god although Christians can never seem to make up their minds when this subject arises. The saying  ' God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit as three divine Persons in one God'  must be at times problematic for them.

Who cares. I only want my question answered.>>> While Jesus god  was lying down supposedly stone cold dead, who was reigning in heaven  while he was taking this three day rest?

Of course, there are just bound to be those Christians that will argue the theological trinity point simply for the fact that they won't be able to answer the original question. 

Christianity.com has this to say on the matter:

"All Christians believe the doctrine of the Trinity. If you do not believe this—that is, if you have come to a settled conclusion that the doctrine of the Trinity is not true—you are not a Christian at all. You are in fact a heretic"[.............]

"We believe that the one God eternally exists in three Persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit; and that these three are one God, co-equal and co-eternal, having precisely the same nature and attributes, and worthy of precisely the same worship, confidence, and obedience. Matthew 3:16, 17; Matthew 28:19, 20; Mark 12:29John 1:14Acts 5:3, 4; II Corinthians 13:14.

TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Stephen
Why would I make another thread just to hope to ask you a question?
Okay guess it is delusion. You just don't know what you are doing or aiming for.
Well again, you haven't even  attempted the question but posed one of your own that has nothing to do with the OP.  This is how intentional diversion starts, by someone like you not even entertaining the question but prefer to challenge the questioner.  You will then complain later that I keep repeating the question because you have chosen to  ignore it altogether or have pretended not to even see it  because you have buried it under piles of irrelevant shite of your own.
I don't care about the question because it is yet another Stephen jerks himself with his atheism. I can't believe how one note you are literally have atheism as half of your identity on this site and the other conservative. It must be so difficult to jerk off when you half of yourself is based on a non-belief.
You simply do not have to comment on this thread and you do not even have to click on it to look at the content, you know its my thread, it has my name right next to its title like so; Author: Stephen.  but you just cannot help yourself, can you.

"if God is three and one at the same time, who was the God in Heaven within three days between the  crucifixion and the supposed resurrection"?
So what you are telling me is that you wasted your time finding a quote you made only to literally not counter what I said. Please calm your ego, how many topics have I commented on that was yours or maybe that goes right over your head? 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Why would I make another thread just to hope to ask you a question?

I don't know. Why would you make another thread just to hope to ask me a Question? I haven't asked you to. I have asked a question that I cannot seem to find an answer to myself. 

Okay guess it is delusion. You just don't know what you are doing or aiming for.

Your not answering the question. Did you miss it again.

I don't care about the question......it is yet another Stephen jerks himself with his atheism
I see. So you don't have an answer and you would rather disrupt the thread because you do not have an civil response of any kind, either.

Did you know that there was only recently (Added: 01.28.20 09:51PM)  a notice to members of the religious forum. Can I suggest you read it especially the part concerning "increasingly vitriolic and more and more posts are coming close to and crossing that line".  https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/3621/moderation-notice

So you don't have answer and don't give two fks about the moderators fair notice.

because it is yet another Stephen jerks himself with his atheism. I can't believe how one note you are literally have atheism as half of your identity on this site and the other conservative. It must be so difficult to jerk off when you half of yourself is based on a non-belief.
That doesn't go anywhere near answering the question. Did you miss it again?

So what you are telling me is that you wasted your time finding a quote you made only to literally not counter what I said.

No, what I have said is that you do not need to even open my thread because it is not as if you do not know who the author is, before you do. I have spelled  that out for you very clearly. Would you like me to show you again how you can tell it is a thread of mine before you even click on it?

Please calm your ego,

Opinion and still failing to answer the question. Is there something the matter with you?

How many topics have I commented on that was yours

I didn't count them,should I make it a point to do so for the future?  And you are still asking questions of your own while ignoring the question in the OP. Are you sure you're OK?

or maybe that goes right over your head? 

No. It is just that your questions are completely irrelevant to the thread. Or didn't you realize this while you were busy dishing out your vitriol.

ethang5
ethang5
Opinion and still failing to answer the question. Is there something the matter with you? 
ROFL!!

Is it irony or hubris?
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@ethang5
The trinity is not "God is three and one at the same time."

For the sake of clarification, how would you explain The Trinity?

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Mopac
God is one, not three. Three persons are one God.

Atheist reply - This means there are 3 Gods.

Answer - More than one God is a logical impossibility. The bible says there is only one God, and even God Himself, who is omniscient, says He knows of no other Gods. (Isa 44:8)

Atheist reply - That means each person in the trinity is only one third God.

Answer - Each person in the Godhead is in Himself fully God. In each person dwells the fullness of the Godhead bodily. God cannot be reduced or broken apart. God is not 1+1+1=3, or ⅓+⅓+⅓=1, but rather, God is 1x1x1=1 (Col 2:9)

"God" is a title. "God" is an office. Each person in the Godhead has a name. But there is only one God. Always has been, and always will be.

Atheist reply - The trinity concept doesn't make sense.

Answer - It make perfect sense as long as you do not require God to be something other than what he is. God is not a man. God is not a created being. What is impossible for man is possible for God. (Isa 55:8-9)

God is not under or subject to the natural laws of His creation. He is superior to all, and no rule, law, or authority applies to Him.

The trinity is God's description of Himself given to us. We can accept it or reject it. But it is revealed truth that cannot be changed.

Atheist reply - The word trinity is not in the bible.

Answer - The concept of the trinity is in the bible, from Genesis to Revelation. One may disbelieve the trinity, but one cannot say the bible does not advance it.
(1Jo 5:7)

So the question in the OP of this thread is non-sensical and based on the false assumptions that God is divisible.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mopac
The so called "trinity" was decided by Vote at Nicaea as was the divinity of Jesus over 300 years after Jesus was believed to have existed.

Try reading something other than these ambiguous unreliable biblical half stories. Such as the works of many Anglican clerics who speak on a theological level. These clergymen provoked considerable controversy with their collection of Essays on Jesus' divinity, such as the Myth of God Incarnate.

The idea of the trinity ( GOD the father GOD, the Son & GOD the holy spirit) OR to have three Persons, each of Whom is God, isn't new and not even an original Christian creation or idea. And yet to believe that there is only one God was, and still is, a huge challenge to Christians so they will make it all up as you go along in the hope of satisfying not just the inquisitive questioner, but to justify their own faith and belief to themselves. And believe it you do. So how about answering my question instead of ignoring it.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Stephen
That isn't true, and we have documents to prove that The Trinity has always been a part of church teaching, that Jesus was considered divine even pre-nicea.

You don't understand The Trinity, and neither does the west because the filoque that the Latins added to the creed perverted the doctrine into something unrecognizable.

The problem here Stephen is that you are one of those pseudognostic types who rejects the divinity of Jesus and thus the incarnation. So integral is the incarnation to the doctrine of salvation that it is inseparable from enlightened Christianity. A Christianity that rejects the divinity of Jesus is no longer Christian.

There is nothing difficult about the trinity if you understand incarnational theology. It's simple. God's Word and Breathe share in His divinity. To deny this is to deny God's presence in the world.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@ethang5
I see what you mean.

And it is certainly an error to say that The Trinity implies 3 Gods or that God is divided in 3, or is in 3 parts.

BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Mopac

YOUR CORRECT QUOTE: "There is only one God."

You are correct, in that the God of Christianity is the HEBREW serial killer God Yahweh/Jesus/Ghost of the Trinity Doctrine, praise your biblical intellect for a change!

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@BrotherDThomas

To accuse God of being a serial killer is not something real Christians do.
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@ethang5
@Stephen

ethang5,

YOUR BIBLICAL UNDERSTANDING QUOTE FROM POST #18 OF OUR CHRISTIAN GODHEAD: "Answer - Each person in the Godhead is in Himself fully God. In each person dwells the fullness of the Godhead bodily. God cannot be reduced or broken apart. God is not 1+1+1=3, or ⅓+⅓+⅓=1, but rather, God is 1x1x1=1 (Col 2:9)

Barring the fact that I see that I have enlightened you with using some of my godly propositions, of which you can thank me later, I have some serious questions for you if you don't RUNAWAY again, so are you going to stay around this time? Huh?

I personally want to be enlightened by you upon the Triune Doctrine, okay?  To begin with, and simply put, you say there are three divine persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, as one entity, therefore with your way of thinking, then the following is to be taken as the truth:

The Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God. Yet these three divine persons are distinct from one another: the Father is not the Son, the Father is not the Holy Spirit, and the Son is not the Holy Spirit. However, you state there is exactly one God (1 Timothy 2:5),  therefore is it true then that Christ is His own Father and His own Son? Then is the Holy Ghost is neither Father nor Son, but both?  Then is the Son begotten by the Father, but existed before He was begotten? Is Christ just as old as his Father, and the Father is just as young as his Son, whereas the Holy Ghost proceeded from the Father and Son, but He is of the same age as the other two?  To further your godly premise upon the Trinity, the Father is Almighty, the Son is Almighty, and the Holy Ghost is Almighty, but yet there are not three Almighty's but one Almighty. It is plainly seen that we have three Almighty's, and at the same time, one only one Almighty! 

Therefore, my dissertation has to be correct relating to your explanation listed in your quote above, CORRECT?!  Awaiting a cogent reply this time, that is, if you don't RUNAWAY again from my postings to you, okay? Thanks.

BEGIN

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@ethang5
@Mopac

Mopac,

YOUR REVEALING QUOTE: "To accuse God of being a serial killer is not something real Christians do."

MY GODLY ANSWER: You are correct, in that real Christians don't accuse our Yahweh/Jesus/Ghost of being a serial killer, BUT ONLY THE TRUE CHRISTIANS LIKE MYSELF can proffer that statement because we read ALL of the Bible, where in this instance, Jesus as Yahweh God incarnate premeditated and with malice, murdered His creation.  Mopac, shall we praise Jesus' revenge upon drowning babies in front fo their mothers as He watched? (Hebrews 4:13)

QUESTION: Mopac, then what is it called when our ever loving and forgiving Jesus drowned millions of His entire creation in the Great Flood because they were evil, of which Jesus created evil in the first place, barring the fact of the innocent animals dying a horrible drowning death too?

SIDEBAR:  Subjectively, you should do like ethang5 does, and not even enter into a disturbing biblical narrative like this! At least ethang5 understands that he will go nowhere with a biblical narrative like this with me personally, so ethang5 has the wherewithal to stay away from it and HIDE!  Maybe you too should follow ethang5's lead in this respect, yes? Ol' ethang5 has learned the hard way, that he does not like egg upon his face all the time in front of the membership when dealing with the Brother D, and other astute members of this forum! LOL!

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@BrotherDThomas
It is simply a matter accepting that God is reality, and being that it is reality that catastrophes befall mankind, making peace with that is making peace with God.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mopac
Jesus was considered divine even pre-nicea.

Not by the Jews he wasn't. If Jesus had called himself god or even the son of god he would have been stoned to death and not hung on a cross for sedition.

and we have documents to prove that The Trinity has always been a part of church teaching,

Lets see those ancient documents and let us see where the Jews proclaim Jesus was god in three persons and one god alone.

You don't understand The Trinity, and neither does the west because the filoque that the Latins added to the creed perverted the doctrine into something unrecognizable.

If it is "unrecognizable", then how can you proclaim to recognize it as true and unadulterated? 

The problem here Stephen is that you are one of those pseudognostic types who rejects the divinity of Jesus and thus the incarnation.

I do. I haven't shown any different. Whats your point. I don't see it as a problem.

There is nothing difficult about the trinity if you understand incarnational theology.

I think you mean ' if you - belive - incarnational theology'. 

It's simple.

You may be right. You can show us how simple all of this is when you have let me see those ancient documents you claim to have in your possession  and let us see where the Jews proclaim Jesus was god in three persons and one god alone.
ethang5
ethang5

...is it true then that Christ is His own Father and His own Son?
No. You said....

Yet these three divine persons are distinct from one another: the Father is not the Son, the Father is not the Holy Spirit, and the Son is not the Holy Spirit. 
Are you contradicting yourself? Are you confused?

Therefore, my dissertation has to be correct relating to your explanation listed in your quote above, CORRECT?!
No, it is confused contradictory silliness.
You say the Son is not the Father, and then ask if the Son is His own Father. Silly.

Your poor reading comprehension is misleading you again. Read what I wrote again slowly. Take your time. Speed is the enemy of reading comprehension.

Instead of praising your incompetence, pay more attention to what is being said.

You actually ask about the age of God, asking questions as dumb as "is the Son "younger" than the Father? Lol!

Perhaps you should follow your own advice about not engaging in debates you aren't intellectually equipped for Dee Dee.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
If Jesus had called himself god or even the son of god he would have been stoned to death...
They tried to stone Him to death several times genius. Have you read scripture?

...and not hung on a cross for sedition.
The charge that Jesus had tried to make Himself God was officially made at His trial. But the Romans didn't care about that as it was not against Roman law to say you were God. So the Jews devised another charge. They claimed Jesus wanted to unseat Caesar.

You really should read the passages before posting.

What you say would have happened if Jesus had called Himself God is exactly what happened. Strange no?
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Stephen
The problem here Stephen is that in denying the incarnation you exclude the possibility of having epignosis.

That is why we in the church recognize that yours is a false gnosticism. In denying the incarnation, you undermine your claim to being a true gnostic.

For what? So you can say that what you do with your body doesn't matter because it is all ashes? It is a way to avoid real spirituality while at the same time feeling smug in one's ignorance, and secure in one's science falsely so called.

God is One with His Word and Spirit. Certainly Moses believed this, as did all the prophets. Otherwise, how could they even say, "thus sayeth The Lord?"

The Jews who accepted Christ became Christians. The ones who rejected Christ failed to see how their messiah is The Incarnate Word of God. They don't recognize their God. However, they have been prepared to see it should they come and see for themselves.