DART or DA?

Author: TheGreatSeal

Total: 10
TheGreatSeal
Debates: 2
TheGreatSeal
I've seen both being used to abreviate DebateArt. Which one do you prefer? Which one is the "official" way to shortern DebateArt?

Personally, I used DART, since thats what I saw was more common when I joined. DA does look like it makes a lot of sense through; it definitely as its merits. I like the short DA a lot more then my first few hours, since abreviations were meant to shorten things and DA is faster than DART. I do also see the nerits of DART. The 'art' is more predominant, you won't run into autocorrect problems and red lines, and DART is one syllable.

Thoughts?
ShabShoral
Debates: 1
ShabShoral
DarC is the official abbreviation.
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
-->
@ShabShoral
Yes!!!!!!!!
Castin
Debates: 0
Castin
-->
@TheGreatSeal
We're all choosing the one we like and going with it. I guess the closest thing to an official abbreviation is DA because the little site icon says DA. But as far as I know, no authority on the site has expressed a preference. DA was probably only used for the icon because you can't fit much else.

I use DART. I think it sounds cooler than DA.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Castin
It is the icon that must be changed. Not DarC.
Castin
Castin
It is the icon that must be changed. Not DarC.
Hey I'm not gonna give up my abbreviation either, icon or no icon. Fight the power!
TheGreatSeal
TheGreatSeal
-->
@Castin
Its probably not worth a moderator telling people what to abbreviate DA/DART as, but I was curious if there was an "official" shorthand.
Castin
Castin
-->
@TheGreatSeal
I wish there was more consensus on an abbreviation, really. I imagine using different ones could confuse people.

I made a thread a while back where you can read the various abbreviation suggestions and reasons why people liked or disliked them: https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/232?page=1
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@TheGreatSeal
Why do you say DA/DART? There is DarC
TheGreatSeal
TheGreatSeal
-->
@RationalMadman
In all honesty, I'm just too lazy to type all the different names of DebateArt. DarC works too, I guess.