Stupid things atheists say.

Author: Dynasty

Total: 43
Dynasty
Debates: 11
Dynasty
Here is the list.

1. If you were born in India, you would've been a Hindu!

2. Hitler was a Christian!

3. Bible promotes rape, slavery, and killing!

4. Sky Daddy!

5. God is evil!

6. Religious people are less intelligent!

7. Religion is a delusion!

8. It's writing in black and white!

9. Jesus was a myth!

10. Christians have killed people!

Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@Dynasty
Why do you believe all those "things" above are stupid?
Dynasty
Dynasty
-->
@Stephen
Because they're wrong on so many levels.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Dynasty

OK. Chosen at random,  how many levels do you believe No 10 to be wrong and why? 

Dynasty
Dynasty
-->
@Stephen
I don't think that is the worst.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Dynasty

OK. Chosen at random,  how many levels do you believe No 10 to be wrong and why? 

I don't think that is the worst.

That wasn't the question though, was it? I have emboldened and underlines it for you. You can't miss it.

Salixes
Salixes
-->
@Dynasty
Except for numbers 4 and 8 (which sound rather obscure) the points you listed may very well sound stupid to you however they are factual and correct.
1. It is a fact that more than 90% of religious followers follow their particular religion based on geographical and cultural factors.

2. Hitler was a Roman Catholic. He was democratically elected into office on a mandate of having (the Christian) God sanctioning his "dealing with" an entire race. Also, the Vatican fully supported Hitler and financed the Nazi party.

3. Do you really need someone to recite the sordid story of Sodom and Gomorrah? And that is just the start of it. Most governments censor videos depicting gratuitous acts of sex and violence that are far milder than what the Bible sets out to promote.

5. God is (theoretically and allegedly) evil. Any master who presides over the constant suffering, and death of thousands of innocent children every day is nothing short of being sadistically evil of the worst kind. And anyone who tries to justify what God allows by citing "free-will" is just as evil.

6. Many authoritative research studies have confirmed that those who follow religion have a lower IQ than atheists. There are several factors including deprivation of learning media (through discouragement of being exposed to information that contradicts their belief). Instead of rejecting sound findings and being in denial religious authorities need to ask, "what can we do about it?".

7. It is a fact that those who believe in God are delusional. The very definition of the word "delusion" clearly states such.
Salixes
Salixes
-->
@Dynasty
9. Jesus was a myth and still is.
Fact:There is not one piece of viable evidence whatsoever that in any way confirms such a person ever existed.

10. This is such a ridiculous and absurdly wrong statement that it deserves no comment whatsoever.

So, if someone were to flippantly present a list of established proven facts as being stupid without any qualification whatsoever, what does that say about such a person?
Dynasty
Dynasty
-->
@Salixes
1. That's a genetic fallacy.

2. Do you think Hitler worshipped a Jew?

3. God doesn't endorse rape tho.

5. God is not evil.

6. Actually, I suggest you watch this video about that claim. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8WUr58HiCM) And read this study. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0160289616000027

7. Have you read the books "Born believers" or "Why God Won't Go Away"?

8. That actually about Bible interpretations.

9. Actually, there is evidence that Jesus existed. And, in fact, the vast majority of scholars do agree that Jesus existed.

10. This what atheists have claimed tho.

Salixes
Salixes
-->
@Dynasty
There is no evidence whatsoever that Jesus Christ existed and I challenge you to present one bit of evidence that such a mythological character ever did exist. 
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Dynasty
Good job Dynasty. I'll add one to your list, 11. "If the Bible was true, everyone would believe it."

Then the lies start.

Most governments censor videos depicting gratuitous acts of sex and violence that are far milder than what the Bible sets out to promote.
Here the genius tries to imply that the Bible "promotes" sex and violence. Where does it "promote" sex and violence?

They need lies like this to keep their claim afloat.

There is no evidence whatsoever that Jesus Christ existed...
Ask the typical atheist if he believes Plato existed, and he will say yes. But there is more evidence for Jesus existing than Plato! Then watch them contort to rationalize that one.
Dynasty
Dynasty
-->
@Salixes
Actually, there is evidence that he existed. For examples, The Jewish Talmud and Josephus mention him.
Salixes
Salixes
-->
@Dynasty
Actually, there is evidence that he existed. For examples, The Jewish Talmud and Josephus mention him.

Do you honestly believe that just because the name of Christ was "mentioned" by other obscure and dubious sources it any way validates the existence of such a character?

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Salixes
Do you honestly believe that just because the name of Christ was "mentioned" by other obscure and dubious sources it any way validates the existence of such a character?
Do atheist know how many historical characters are mentioned by only one source that they take as validated? No.

Jesus is mentioned by more than 15 ancient sources. That is better than for Plato or King Tut. Ever hear an atheist doubt the existence of either of those?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
Jesus is mentioned by more than 15 ancient sources.

How many times do you believe Jesus the Christ is mentioned by historian Josephus?

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
Ancient SourceS. Learn to read.

The point is that the existence of Jesus is valid, more so than many historical characters taken for granted.

This is the accepted mainstream position. If you disagree, please present your argument. But your doubt will not cancel the truth.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5

How many times do you believe Jesus the Christ is mentioned by historian Josephus?

Is not Josephus regarded as an ancient source in your tiny mind then?  Born37 AD, Jerusalem, Israel
Died100 AD, Rome, Italy

And have you never heard of or studied his classics? Of course you haven't have you. You have never studied anything , not even the scriptures that you have had read to you since childhood, you poor , poor thing.

Here you go , All available on Amazon and cheaper on Ebay.

THE GENUINE
WORKS
OF
FLAVIUS JOSEPHUS
THE
JEWISH HISTORIAN.

Translated from the Original Greek, according to
Havercamp’s accurate Edition.
CONTAINING
Twenty Books of the JEWISH Antiquities,
WITH THE
Appendix or Life of JOSEPHUS, written by himself:
Seven Books of the JEWISH WAR:
AND
Two Books against APION.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
Is not Josephus regarded as an ancient source in your tiny mind then?
I did not mention Josephus homer.

And have you never heard of or studied his classics? Of course you haven't have you.
Why are you prattling about something I didn't talk about? The topic is not Josephus, Hosea.

In case you've forgotten, here is a reminder.

The point is that the existence of Jesus is valid, more so than many historical characters you losers have taken for granted.

This is the accepted mainstream position. If you disagree, please present your argument. But your personal doubt will not cancel the truth.

Read it slowly, genius.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
Is not Josephus regarded as an ancient source in your tiny mind then?
I did not mention Josephus homer.

Yes I know . You mentioned "ancient sources". And I asked you,  is not Josephus 37 AD - 100 AD,   regarded by you as an ancient source in your tiny mind then?  . Why are you struggling with this simple question. it requires only a yes or now reply.

Why are you prattling about something I didn't talk about? The topic is not Josephus,
Stop lying this is what you wrote at post #14 above: 

Added: 02.07.20 05:47PM
--> @ethang5 Jesus is mentioned by more than 15 ancient sources.

YOU brought the idea of JESUS IN "Ancient sources" into the conversation, not me!!! I have simply picked up on what you have declared. And asked you at post #15 above " how many times do you believe Jesus the Christ is mentioned by historian Josephus" 37 AD - 100 AD?

You see princess, FLAVIUS JOSEPHUS THE JEWISH HISTORIAN is a classic example of the "ancient sources" that YOU brought into this thread. I didn't, YOU DID!

So now you have avoided both simple questions and instead returned to your well established behavior of lying, evading and and attempting to create an argument over something the YOU introduced into the conversation.  You are simply no good on your own are you. You are literally spent and void of simple answers to the simplest of questions created by your own comments and statements.

This is why you never ever have created more than a few threads of your own in this religion sub forum;  The last one being well over a year ago!!!!!!! And one of those only three is not really religion related:

Nabal Added: 11.19.18 06:19AM

Art as Proof Added: 08.15.18 05:59PM

Does Humanity Need A God Story? Added: 08.08.18 03:33PM

THIS TELLS ME THAT YOU ARE ONLY HERE TO AGITATE AND DISRUPT OTHER MEMBERS THREADS AND TOPICS.

Is not the works of Jewish historian Josephus 37 AD - 100 AD  regarded as an ancient source in your tiny mind then?
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
Why are you prattling about something I didn't talk about? The topic is not Josephus,

Added: 02.07.20 05:47PM
--> @ethang5 Jesus is mentioned by more than 15 ancient sources.
I said nothing about Josephus genius. Read it again. Sloooowly.

YOU brought the idea of JESUS IN "Ancient sources" into the conversation, not me!!! 
I said nothing about Josephus Pedro. Read it again. Sloooowly.

how many times do you believe Jesus the Christ is mentioned by historian Josephus
I said nothing about Josephus Bevis. Read it again. Sloooowly.

You see princess, FLAVIUS JOSEPHUS THE JEWISH HISTORIAN is a classic example of the "ancient sources" that YOU brought into this thread. I didn't, YOU DID!
I said nothing about Josephus Nedward.
Read it again. Sloooowly.

...something the YOU introduced into the conversation. 
I did not introduce Josephus Maynard, you did. I said nothing about Josephus.

The last one being well over a year ago!!!!!!! And one of those only three is not really religion related:
Uh oh. I feel a repeat of history coming on.

THIS TELLS ME THAT YOU ARE ONLY HERE TO AGITATE AND DISRUPT OTHER MEMBERS THREADS AND TOPICS.
All caps, all bold, all underlined. And you're not a troll, right?

I said nothing about Josephus goober.

Is not the works of Jewish historian Josephus 37 AD - 100 AD  regarded as an ancient source in your tiny mind then?
I said nothing about Josephus, genius. I don't care how Josephus is regarded. Address what I say.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@ethang5
Ask the atheists about hypnotism. 

Did i just say that out loud?

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@ethang5
That post was not ment for you, sorry big fella. 
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Did i just say that out loud?
No you didn't Deb. It was only in your mind.

That post was not ment for you, sorry big fella. 
No worries. I liked this one better anyway.

Atheists don't believe in hypnotism, but it works on them anyway, slooooowly.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5

Why are you prattling about something I didn't talk about? The topic is not Josephus,

Nope. post 14 is all your post darling, not mine and this is what you state : notice the number  0#14 

Added: 02.07.20 02:10PM  

Forum posts: 3,113
Added: 02.07.20 02:10PM
--> @Salixes
Do you honestly believe that just because the name of Christ was "mentioned" by other obscure and dubious sources it any way validates the existence of such a

Do atheist know how many historical characters are mentioned by only one source that they take as validated? No.

Jesus is mentioned by more than 15 ancient sources. That is better than for Plato or King Tut. Ever hear an atheist doubt the existence of either of those?

So just for once, stop with your lying bullshit and address the questions that arose from your own statement.

I remind you:

Josephus  is a classic among ancient sources. What's more, Josephus is a classic ancient source of theological history.  Are you denying this , princess? 

OK now name them  and the citations.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
Jesus is mentioned by more than 15 ancient sources. That is better than for Plato or King Tut. Ever hear an atheist doubt the existence of either of those?

So just for once, stop with your lying bullshit and address the questions that arose from your own statement.
My statement did not mention Josephus, doofus.

Josephus  is a classic among ancient sources. What's more, Josephus is a classic ancient source of theological history.
So?

Are you denying this , princess?
How can I be denying anything when I said nothing? Are you trying to be stupid?

Irrelevant. I said nothing about Josephus. Address what I said, not what your poor reading comprehension fooled you into thinking I wrote.

What do I care? If you want to talk about Josephus, who's stopping you? I said nothing about Josephus. So you can prattle about him on your own.

OK now name them  and the citations.
No. 1. Your reading comprehension is too poor. You'll probably start asking me about olive oil.

2. You never answer my questions so you don't get to order me to do what you won't do yourself. I reject hypocrites.

3. Confirm first that you realize that I said nothing about Josephus. We cannot proceed with you still in delusion.
ronjs
ronjs
-->
@Dynasty
How about "there is no evidence of a global flood on earth (which is about 71% liquid water) but there is evidence of a global flood on Mars (which has no evidence of liquid water)
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
stalin was an atheist

Kim JOng Um is an athesit

Mussolini was an atheist

This idea that bad people were X religion is a terrible argument in general

27 days later

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Dynasty
Let me preface this by saying that no two atheists are alike and there are even religious atheists. That said let us examine these sayings together.

Here is the list.

1. If you were born in India, you would've been a Hindu!
Statistically speaking (but not universally) religion belief is determined by the group you were born into. The correct way to say this would be if you were born in India the chances of your being a hindu would be far higher and your chances of being christian would be far smaller.
2. Hitler was a Christian!
Hitlers actual internal beliefs aside he did quote and use politically many pieces of christian dogma in his efforts to conquer Europe and enact genocide. The correct way to day this would be Hitler espoused many christian ideas.
3. Bible promotes rape, slavery, and killing!
Some passages of the bible normalize condone or even command these acts. That being said the bible is often self contradictory and some passages could be interpreted as prohibitive of at least one of these acts.
4. Sky Daddy!
Language is meant only to convey an idea. I prefer to use more precise terminology such as some god(s) as it is more inclusive of the various theistic ideas I have encountered but if you understand the meaning of the designation "sky daddy" then the phrase serves its purpose. I'm not sure there is a right or wrong with this but it would be nice if a less narrow term could be used.
5. God is evil!
This of course depends on the god(s) under discussion but as atheists by definition do not believe in god this is an inaccurate way of expressing their opinion. The correct way to say this (providing it even matches with a given atheist's opinion on the subject) is the hypothetical god we are discussing would seem to commit and or condone acts that I consider immoral.
6. Religious people are less intelligent!
Intelligence is notoriously difficult to measure in a meaningful way. The more correct way of saying this is that on some tests meant to measure human intelligence theists tend to have statistically lower scores.
7. Religion is a delusion!
I'm not sure what to say about this. Religion and delusion are far from mutually exclusive but they are not the same thing. There is no correct way to say this.
8. It's writing in black and white!
I'm uncertain what you mean here. Or rather what the hypothetical atheists you are strawmanning here mean. Do you mean that the bible is clear? I do not make that claim. I find it is in fact very difficult to pin down exactly what the bible means in many instances and partly because it seems to have many different authors who had different things to say and where coming from different historical contexts.
9. Jesus was a myth!
This is a claim and so would require a burden of proof. The more correct way of saying this would be there is no evidence that Jesus was a  historical figure or that many of the stories regarding his life and exploits would seem to be mythologized in much the same way we have developed mythologies regarding George Washington.
I mean technically true but it is difficult to find such a diverse demographic of people for whom this is not true. Also it is unclear what this has to do with the truth value of any christian claim might be unless the claim where no christian kills anyone ever which is not a claim I hear from Christian's often. 
Seth
Seth
-->
@Dynasty
Show me in the sources you cite where a miracle working Jesus is recorded and the miracles those sources attest to.
Seth
Seth
-->
@ronjs
Where does the bible make that claim?