A message to all Christians of DART

Author: Mopac

Total: 26
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
My time is short on this forum, so I want to leave with a piece of advice to all Christian posters.

When someone is rude, respond with kindness.

When you feel like making fun of the person you are talking to, or insulting them for being particularly dense, don't do it. It hurts your witness. Be patient. Long suffering. 

People are rarely converted by arguments and such. Without love, it doesn't matter if you know everything. You won't be heard.

BE CHARITABLE.

Remember, you are not The Holy Spirit. You can not save anyone. Your job is to plant seeds. Seeds that you may never see grow. Be content with that.

If you call yourself a Christian, and do not engage with a spirit of love, you are doing more harm than good. It would be better if you worked on yourself before trying to proselytize.

Truly, Christ is best witnessed by someone who walks in the way. Being a good Christian is the best witness. 

Have faith in divine judgment. Don't be lead astray by passion or insecurity. Become less so that Christ is magnified.

Will you slip up? It happens. Don't excuse yourself, simply correct course.

Aquire the spirit of peace, and thousands around you will be saved.

Salixes
Debates: 0
Salixes
-->
@Mopac
Perhaps you may wish to start heeding your own advice instead of making gratuitous posts that have been correctly proven to be full of lies, deceit, and hatred towards others.
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@Mopac
@Salixes
Since I flip on religion a lot (sometimes I'm christian, sometimes I'm not), I think I would be a fair judge of who has had better conduct, Salixes or Mopac.  

Are both of you in?
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Alec
I'm willing to let you arbitrate. I think you could be impartial.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Salixes
Jesus Christ son and word of God, have mercy on me a sinner.

Salixes
Salixes
-->
@Mopac
Do you think it necessary to add to an already dismal track record of lies and deception by making veiled repulsive personal attacks on others through guilt and fear?

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Salixes
The Orthodox Church does not teach through guilt and fear. We are not a courthouse, rather a hospital for the soul. We are all sick and in need of a doctor.

The Truth is the best medicine, and abiding in The Way of Truth heals us, for to abide in The Way is to accept the healing that The Truth 
Freely offers. To abide in The Truth is to abide in Life Eternal, as The Truth is eternal.
Salixes
Salixes
-->
@Mopac
And you have proven through your disjointed, deluded. offensive and completely unqualified ramblings that you know nothing about "the truth" whatsoever.
Salixes
Salixes
-->
@Alec
I think you will find that the rules of the site make it quite clear about making personal attacks on other members.
And anyone who admits to having a vacillating nature would hardly be worthy of making valued judgments about anything.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Vacillating.
Boommmmmmmmmmm.
Good game. 

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Salixes
Proof is simply the evidence that convinces you of something.

I did not prove anything to you, whatever it was in your head that was proven you were convinced of before we started talking.

Also, what is proof to you is not proof to everyone. The evidence you find convincing may not prove anything to someone else.  Going further, someone else may outright reject what you say is evidence.

What have you proven to me? That in your current state you are neither capable of understanding or even coming to an understanding of my faith. You approach the matter with an unclean heart. Without a clean heart, you can not see God.

Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Alec
Since I flip on religion a lot (sometimes I'm christian, sometimes I'm not), I think I would be a fair judge of who has had better conduct, Salixes or Mopac.  

Are both of you in?

Oh I would love to hear this. Please tag me when this report is ready.
Alec
Alec
-->
@Salixes
And anyone who admits to having a vacillating nature would hardly be worthy of making valued judgments about anything.
Why?  I'm basically in the middle of you and Mopac on the religious scale.

drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@Alec
Not really interested in a comparison between users, but I'd live to see an impartial third-party judge Mopac by his own standards.

Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@drafterman
Mopac: If you disagree with me then you are a dirty wicked nihilist.

Also Mopac: The reality we experience is all just an illusion contingent upon a higher reality called Jesus.
Mopac
Mopac
Wicked as I am, I am doing my best. When I fall, I get back up and try harder.

My conscience is clean. 

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit

: If you disagree with me then you are a dirty wicked nihilist

No, if you deny that there is an ultimate reality or absolute truth  you are by definition a nihilist.
If there is no ultimate. reality, nothing is real. Nihilism is the doctrine of negation. It even negates itself. 

So no, I don't think like that. I say things with meaning. Of course, nihilists only believe in meaning when they are using words to communicate meaninglessness.

It's really an arbitrary and childish philosophy.

The reality we experience is all just an illusion contingent upon a higher reality called Jesus

It should be apparent given that we experience a reality filtered through our senses and cognition that the reality we experience is in a great way illusory. I don't believe that is an extraordinary claim.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Alec
Yep.

I've decided to flip on religion too.

Tomorrow I will be mostly Sikh.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@zedvictor4
That's pretty interesting.

There is a lot of good stuff in the Sri Granth Sahib. 

Alec
Alec
-->
@zedvictor4
Tomorrow I will be mostly Sikh.

I don't know too much about them.  Sorry.
PGA2.0
Debates: 7
PGA2.0
-->
@Mopac
My time is short on this forum, so I want to leave with a piece of advice to all Christian posters.

When someone is rude, respond with kindness.

When you feel like making fun of the person you are talking to, or insulting them for being particularly dense, don't do it. It hurts your witness. Be patient. Long suffering. 

People are rarely converted by arguments and such. Without love, it doesn't matter if you know everything. You won't be heard.

BE CHARITABLE.

Remember, you are not The Holy Spirit. You can not save anyone. Your job is to plant seeds. Seeds that you may never see grow. Be content with that.

If you call yourself a Christian, and do not engage with a spirit of love, you are doing more harm than good. It would be better if you worked on yourself before trying to proselytize.

Truly, Christ is best witnessed by someone who walks in the way. Being a good Christian is the best witness. 

Have faith in divine judgment. Don't be lead astray by passion or insecurity. Become less so that Christ is magnified.

Will you slip up? It happens. Don't excuse yourself, simply correct course.

Aquire the spirit of peace, and thousands around you will be saved.
Blessings in Christ Jesus!
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@PGA2.0
Christ be with you!
PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@Mopac
Wicked as I am, I am doing my best. When I fall, I get back up and try harder.

My conscience is clean. 

Just to clear up a possible misunderstanding, I presume you speak of 'trying harder' after salvation is obtained, not before, out of love. Salvation is because of what Another has done! Salvation is not earned it is given. Thus, Another has done the work of achieving our salvation, not us, thus I cannot attain it by what I do.

Second, I presume you speak from your feelings of being wicked, or to put it another way, your sins. I say this because for those who believe in Jesus Christ (truly trust and rely upon who He is and what He has done) He has paid the penalty for our wicked action to reconcile us to God. He lived the perfect life on earth, not us. Thus, His righteousness is imputed to us who believe. He takes upon Himself the penalty we deserved. 
PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@Mopac
Christ be with you!
Thank you for the blessing!
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@PGA2.0
Certainly, salvation is a work of the grace of God, not our own.

However, being that faith without works is dead, functionally not being faith at all, we still have a work here on Earth. To abide in Christ is not to simply agree with Christ, but to conform to the image of Christ that we are all made in. 

That all being the case, we are all called to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling. To strive to more perfectly conform to Christ.

PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@Mopac
Certainly, salvation is a work of the grace of God, not our own.

However, being that faith without works is dead, functionally not being faith at all, we still have a work here on Earth. To abide in Christ is not to simply agree with Christ, but to conform to the image of Christ that we are all made in. 

That all being the case, we are all called to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling. To strive to more perfectly conform to Christ.

Take care and best wishes!