Are Christians Bigoted?

Author: Salixes

Read-only
Total: 32
Salixes
Debates: 0
Salixes
Customer 1: I would like you to issue a wedding license. But I must tell you though that my husband-to-be has short hair and is cleanly shaven. (Leviticus 19:27 Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard. ) I hope that poses no problem for you.

Christian Marriage Registrar: Oh, No of course not. I will be glad to issue you with a wedding license.

Customer 2: I would like you to issue a wedding license. But I must tell you though that my husband-to-be has tattoos on his body (Leviticus 19:28 Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves) I hope that poses no problem for you.

Christian Marriage Registrar: Oh, No of course not. I will be glad to issue you with a wedding license

Customer 3: I would like you to issue a wedding license. But I must tell you though that my wife-to-be will be wearing a wedding dress made from polyester and silk. (Leviticus 19:19 Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material.)
I hope that poses no problem for you.

Christian Marriage Registrar: Oh, No of course not. I will be glad to issue you with a wedding license.

Customer 4 : I would like you to issue a wedding license. But I must tell you though that my fiance is another guy, We are gay. (Leviticus 18:22 Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman. ) I hope that poses no problem for you.

Christian Marriage Registrar: There's the door. . . . . . Now use it.

Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@Salixes
You already made this topic here.

And to be honest, you come off as bigoted towards Christians.

Perhaps you don't like being told that your sexual habits are perverse. You seem to have a preoccupation with homosexuality. Is that why you hate Christianity?

ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Mopac
From what we could glean from 6 years of comments, he had some terribly traumatic episode in his youth and somehow blames Christianity for it.

He claims he used to be Christian (catholic) so of course certain scenarios jump to mind. Over the years, posting insults to Christianity has given him a positive feedback loop.

He insults Christianity, Christians are outraged, he feels as if he's "struck back", taken a stand, manned up.

So he insults again, and the loop continues. Over the years it has become  a compulsion. He justifies the compulsive behavior by rationalizing that he's fighting for the deluded masses, fighting against the evil, world dominating Christianity.

But no matter how strongly a guy who washes his hands 40 times a day may argue about germs, he knows his behavior is compulsive. Sal is aware he has a problem.

The thing is, as people grow bored of the same uni-topic post over and over, they tune him out. His compulsive response is to post even more clunkers, looking for that "high" of having hurt Christians.

And of course, as it ends with almost all addicts, the mods have to step in because compulsions, like addictions, only get worse and less controllable.

From the time I noted yesterday that Sal had made 12 threads in 3 days, he has added 5 more that I know of.

If he posted on other threads, it would be bad enough, but he's one of those atheists completely obsessed with religion. He resides on the religion board.

Here is a small sampling of his threads from DDO, some of which he has transferred here.

Are Christians Deluded?
Christians Are Deluded
Deluded Christians
Most Deluded Christians
Does Christianity Delude Christians?
Is Christianity A Delusion?
Is The Christian God Deluded?
Do Christians Know They Are Deluded?

He has hundreds more on lying, evil, stupid, insane, etc. All in the same format...

Are Christians Lying?
Christians Are Lying
Lying Christians
Most Lying Christians
Does Christianity Lie To Christians?
Is Christianity A Lie?

You get the picture.

And for the last year and a half, with the DDO board dead, and him banned from Dart, he has simply kept posting his repetitive clunkers to himself, getting no replies, but never coming to his senses.

After more than a year of no one to insult, he must feel like a kid in a candy shop now. So he will go a little crazy. Anti-theists will gaslight him, and he will repeat his history here.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Salixes
Are Christians Bigoted?
Of course they are. but they are tolerant  of non believers (or pretend to be so) which is more than can be said for a religion such as Islam which makes no bones about what it think about non Muslims and what should be done with them, i.e. it is more open and honest.

Salixes
Salixes
-->
@Mopac
Exposing someone else's bigotry is hardly being bigoted, is it?

Can you explain why my sexual habits or those of homosexuals are in any way perverse?

I have a preoccupation in exposing the facts about Christianity.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Salixes
Customer 1: I would like you to issue a wedding license. But I must tell you though that my husband-to-be has short hair and is cleanly shaven. (Leviticus 19:27 Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard. ) I hope that poses no problem for you.

Customer 2: I would like you to issue a wedding license. But I must tell you though that my husband-to-be has tattoos on his body (Leviticus 19:28 Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves) I hope that poses no problem for you.

Christian Marriage Registrar: Oh, No of course not. I will be glad to issue you with a wedding license

Customer 3: I would like you to issue a wedding license. But I must tell you though that my wife-to-be will be wearing a wedding dress made from polyester and silk. (Leviticus 19:19 Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material.)
I hope that poses no problem for you.

Customer 4 : I would like you to issue a wedding license. But I must tell you though that my fiance is another guy, We are gay. (Leviticus 18:22 Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman. ) I hope that poses no problem for you.

Christian Marriage Registrar: There's the door. . . . . . Now use it.

This is the baggage that came with the god that  Christians adopted without having the slightest understanding of  the time , the place or the culture of the time that this god was being worshiped.

Now  it is left to  the modern educated 21st Christian  to find excuses for,  explain away, and defend  all the actions of this self confessed vile, jealous god of war and all his dictates. If the church could ditch this OT god tomorrow without controversy and accusations of hypocrisy, they would but they are not about to admit that they had been wrong for over 2000 years, any time soon , are they.
This vile being was the god of the Hebrews and Israelite's and  certainly not the god of Christians. 
Salixes
Salixes
-->
@Stephen
True, they are pretty open and honest.
There's nothing like shoving a poofter off the roof of a public building.
And making their women folk look like walking shrouds (several paces behind their husbands that is, or sandwiched between two or more male family members.

You have a point there. Christians are just as bigoted and obscene. it's just that they have learnt to be more deceptive and in denial about their repulsive practices than their opposition.
Salixes
Salixes
-->
@Stephen
I agree. There was a time, way back when the religion was concocted that sort of behavior and attitude were the norm. But they were barbaric, cruel and dark times where the masses were grossly ignorant through lack of education or knowledge.

Modern civilised society is well educated, has better morals and there is no reason for the repulsive, backward behavior of Christians.
Just excuses.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Salixes
Lol!! Preoccupation? 26+ threads in one day? Everyday? The same post over and over? Having been sacked from numerous websites because of it?

No Sal, I think you're way past simple preoccupation. You're in full blown obsession.

You've been "exposing" for more than six years. Other than getting banned, How has it gone for you?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Salixes

There is nothing better than beating a lying, deceitful religious hypocrite with his own stick.
Dynasty
Debates: 11
Dynasty
-->
@Salixes
Old testament law.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Salixes
Yeah, you are just spreading misinformation and ignorance. I am not a bigot, but you certainly appear to be a Christianophobe.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Mopac
He's also a racist. I may post some of his better quotes one day.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@ethang5
It is not my intent to condemn Salixes. Rather, I pray that he soften his heart and find true love. Love heals. Bitterness and hatred is like a rot that eats a person from the inside out.

It is the heterodox practice of so called Christians that has confused Salixes into having a warped view of the faith. 

I am sympathetic, because I myself struggled a great deal in my earlier years with the people who call themselves Christians but are quicker to condemn than show charity.

Unfortunately, this is what faith without works does. It is dead faith. What is the work of faith that a Christian is called to do? Love.

Without love, it doesn't matter how much you name drop Jesus. It doesn't matter if you spend all day in a church. It doesn't matter if you fast, sing hymns, give to the poor, or any of that. Without orthopraxis, one cannot truly be orthodox. Without love, one cannot be rightly be called a disciple of Jesus.

I have sympathy for Salixes because he is deceived, in no small part because of heretic influence. Something that is important to understand about those who are deceived is that they by definition are not aware that they are deceived.

What did Christ say? Forgive them, they know not what they do.  That is the example we are given. Not only by Christ, but even the saints who followed, starting with the proto-martyr and deacon Saint Steven.

We as Christians are called to do things differently than the world. To bless those who curse us and pick up the cross of suffering willingly.

To the glory of God.

So what can I say? We are all sinners. Charity is the salt that preserves the Earth.

ethang5
ethang5
It is not my intent to condemn Salixes.
I know. But remember, sin must be pointed out. Having standards is not condemnation.

Something that is important to understand about those who are deceived is that they by definition are not aware that they are deceived.
True, and when part of his deception is that he views love as hate, loving him only makes him more angry and bitter. Love is much more than kindness and tolerance. Even with a scourge in Hand, Jesus was being loving.

I encourage you to interact with Sal. Nothing will sharpen doctrine than its testing in the real world.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@ethang5
I don't believe that works. Ever. Not in the real world, not here.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Mopac
I don't know what the "that" in your post refers to, but I do know that everything Jesus did was right and morally appropriate.

I had parents who loved me, and most times that love came as a staff to guide me. But sometimes it came as a rod, to correct me.

Isa 5:20 - Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Isa 5:21 - Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!

I suspect the "that" in your post you claim doesn't work in the real world, is the rod, from "thy rod and thy staff"...

But notice he gets comfort from both the staff which guides him and the rod, which disciplines him.

The real world will teach you that Jesus is always right, but your idea of Him is not. I have no worries, the sincere find Him, and the wisdom they need.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5

ethang5 wrote post 13 above

Added: 02.06.20 05:01PM
--> @Mopac
 I may post some of his better quotes one day.

Why not now? You simply reject and brush aside the rules as if they do not apply to you anyway. You care not for the rules of cross contaminating threads and direct attacks against the person as it is,

And  the utter disdain that you display towards moderation by treating ALL moderation with complete and utter disregard and contempt since you were banned is not only disrespectful but shameful too.  But you simply do not care, do you.

Salixes
Salixes
-->
@Mopac
Yeah, you are just spreading misinformation and ignorance. I am not a bigot

So, you are not bigoted? Try the following on for size:

"Perhaps you don't like being told that your sexual habits are perverse. You seem to have a preoccupation with homosexuality. Is that why you hate Christianity?"

and: "You got it backwards. People get brainwashed into thinking they are homosexual."

and: "There is no such thing as an innate homosexual."

and: "Of course I wouldn't support such a thing, but they certainly have a right to exist."

and: "Kids don't need to be lied to and told that sexual deviancy is ok and harmless."

and: "lest men of the future think that being modified surgically to be able to become pregnant makes it ok for them to live in defiance of reality."

and: "We certainly don't recognize a union between two members of the same sex as a marriage"

and: "it isn't right for the government to demand churches to conduct marriage ceremonies between same sex couples."

and: "Deviation from Christian discipline is what leads to things like hatred."

and: "We understand that they have been deceived into believing things about themselves that are not true."

and:"There is no such thing as a homosexual,"

and: "I would say that someone who thinks they are a homosexual is deceived."

and: "sexual immorality is a symptom of idolatry."

and: "Homosexuality falls in the category of sexual immorality."

and: "Homosexuality along with all forms of sexual immorality are symptoms of idolatry."

and: "People who make their sexual behavior a matter of personal identity don't understand that they are demeaning themselves."

and: "you are neither capable of understanding or even coming to an understanding of my faith"

Now, you would probably say that is not bigotry and that I am bigot.
And I could then say that most bigots wouldn't know it and would never admit it..and that exposing and criticising bigotry is not hatred.

But for Kerrist sake. That is some of the worst bigotry and ignorance I have ever come across. You are even making Ethan look like an innocent fairy. 

I know, I know, you are only showing off and exaggerating because you can get away with it on an anonymous forum without somebody thumping the begeeziz out of you.

But i bet you must still wonder why every time you walk past the water cooler at work your colleagues standing there suddenly go quiet and look at the ceiling.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
Bitterness will kill you goober.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Salixes
You are even making Ethan look like an innocent fairy. 
Neither of us are racists.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Salixes

Bitterness will kill you goober.

I am not "bitter", princess. I am just amazed at you total disregard for the rules, as I have shown and explained below.

ethang5 wrote post 13 above

Added: 02.06.20 05:01PM
--> @Mopac
 I may post some of his better quotes one day.

Why not now? You simply reject and brush aside the rules as if they do not apply to you anyway. You care not for the rules of cross contaminating threads and direct attacks against the person as it is,

And  the utter disdain that you display towards moderation by treating ALL moderation with complete and utter disregard and contempt since you were banned is not only disrespectful but shameful too.  But you simply do not care, do you.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Salixes
I stand by everything I said and insist that I am not a bigot.

Such an accusation is ludicrous, especially to anyone who actually knows me.  

The real problem here is that you think you understand something when  you don't... 

I am secure that I am not a bigot. It is however, clear from every single one of your posts that you hate Christians.

As I have maintained since the beginning, sexual immorality in all its forms is a symptom of idolatry, it isn't a biological thing.

Salixes
Salixes
-->
@Mopac
I stand by everything I said and insist that I am not a bigot.

I think that anyone reading this would be scratching their heads.

You just admitted that you stand the most repulsive list of bigoted vitriol anyone could ever possibly stomach.
And you think that you are not a bigot?

For example; I'm sure that we would want to know what you mean by:
"Homosexuality falls in the category of sexual immorality."

Uh uh. Now before you make your most reasoned and fully informed reply let's see if you can leave out the words "God", "ultimate", "reality" and "truth".

Now, go for it.

Mopac
Mopac
Pride is among the deadliest sins. The perverts don't try to hide that they are proud. They should be grateful we live in a merciful society that allows these practices. What civil rights battle is left? 

Getting married in our church is not a right.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Salixes
You. assume homosexuality isn't immoral. That is the only reason you have the opinion you do.

I know it is immoral, because I understand morality.
Mopac
Mopac
In a time before modern medicine, condoms, and dental dams....

There was no ambiguity about how destructive sexual immorality is. People these days take for granted how much their riches buffer them from reality. 

Mopac
Mopac
What next?

The government is bigoted towards theives, they lock them up and take away their rights!

Salixes
Salixes
-->
@ethang5
Neither of us are racists.

Oh, okay. fair enough. I accept that extremely heartfelt explanation from someone who shows nothing but love and peace, especially for those who inhabit the sub-continent.

Oh wow, you should have seen what I just saw.
A pink elephant just flew past my window.
Huh!

Salixes
Salixes
-->
@Mopac
I know it is immoral, because I understand morality.
I think that you have made it quite obvious that the extent of your understanding of morality could be written in headline type across a flea's nuts.