Author: Salixes

Read-only
Total: 11
Salixes
Debates: 0
Salixes
God: Geeziz bloody Kerrist!!

Jesus: Yes Dad. What's up?

God: Aww son, it's this bleeding "Piano Drop" app that keeps freezing up on me.

Jesus: Oh, okay. I'll go and reboot the server.

God: I can't see how kicking the butler in the backside again is going to work, but hurry up. I'm well behind on my piano dropping program. That Steinway I plonked on George Clooney last week backfired on me. They made a coffee ad out of it.
But you know what? I dropped that Yamaha down a mine shaft yesterday.

Jesus: Yikes Dad. What happened?

God: Aww son, I got a-flat-minor. 

Jesus: Gee, sharp Dad.

God: I tell you what son. Let me do the jokes, okay?
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@Salixes
To you it is a joke.

But God is not mocked. In the end, those who mock God only make fools of themselves.

The Truth is God. The Truth is not a joke.

Salixes
Salixes
-->
@Mopac
See, there you go using that "T" word again. Not good.

I feel a new skit coming on mocking "the truth".

Besides which, that wasn't mockery, it was just good old dark humor which actually put God in a good light.
He certainly socked it to that bastard son of His, didn't He?
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Salixes
I feel a new skit coming on....
That's your compulsion. It's an illness.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Salixes
You don't really know what you are saying.

The Ultimate Reality is God. I challenge you to find something greater. Of course you can't.
Salixes
Salixes
-->
@Mopac
Perhaps you could make an attempt at raising the standard of your intellect by making  a reply to a topic with intelligent discussion instead of saying "the Ultimate Reality" and/or "truth".

Apart from being outright offensive and preaching, that sort of talk is hardly going to cut the mustard if you ever intend rubbing shoulders with the Chardonnay set, is it?

Lord Bratwurst: Eeew, I say Moped. That is your naaame isn't it, teee, heee heeee. What is your opinion on the proposed float and initial public offering and institutional investments of the Chateau Noir Corporation given the impending trend of the current Bull market?

Moped: Derr, like, err, the ultimate reality is the real truth. Umm like, yeah.

Lord Bratwurst: Eeew well, moving onnnn.......

You see. Most people are just being polite when they are subjected to that sort of crap and you will still be wondering why you missed an invite for the next pheasant shoot gala.

So, aren't you grateful that you have someone here who says it like it is and gives you the opportunity to go down the straight and narrow road of  every day, smack in your face reality?

Then you can expand your vocabulary:

Moped: Well, the reality is that the wooded variety has the ultimate aftertaste redolent of smoked walnut and to tell you the truth, I would highly recommend the 98 vintage.

That's how to do it. It's a bit like the old subliminal advertising really. You can push your crappy agenda by disguising it in a load of convincing tripe that just slides easily off the palate.
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
You can push your crappy agenda by disguising it in a load of convincing tripe that just slides easily off the palate.
Is God A Joke?
Is God A Tyrant?
Is God A Devil?
Is God A Delusion?
Is God A Fantasy?
Is God A Drug?
Is God A Fiction?
Is God A Dictator?
Is God A Killer?
Is God A ___________?

Like that?

Lol!
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Salixes
The only thing you are doing right now is revealing that you have no understanding.

It's not funny.

What I am saying actually means something. If you were a little more humble, you might.learn something about what God is.

I sm sorry you can't reconcile your superstitions with the fact that The Truth is God.
Salixes
Salixes
-->
@Mopac
The only thing you are doing right now is revealing that you have no understanding.
It is funny really.
Funny in that as well as flogging the words God, ultimate, reality and truth the word "understand" does tend to crop up with regular monotony.

I'm sure that, with my musical bent, I could write a song with just those words. It would be in the acid-rock genre; I would give it a slow rhythmic beat a la Pink Floyd and add heaps of reverb. You get out the bong, switch on the revolving mirror ball and crank up the dry ice machine. It would go something like:

God....god...god...god   god..........(twanggggggggg)
Ultimate...ultimate...ultimate...ultimate....ultimate............. (twangggggggg)
Reality...reality...reality...reality...reality............. (twangggggggg)
Truth...truth...truth...truth...truth............(twangggggggg)
Understand...understand...understand...........(twanggggggg)

There is no chorus or bridge but you go up a key and then:

Ultimate...ultimate...ultimate...ultimate....ultimate............. (twangggggggg)

You go back to the original key and then:

And keep repeating until the alarm on the mixing desk goes off after 20 minutes.

Really insane, don't you reckon?

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Salixes
All of our discipline clicks together and makes sense if you understand that what we acknowledge as God is literally reality as it truly is.

Why else search the heart for influences and passions that keep us from seeing clearly and being honest?

Our faith is about riding oneself of prelest, not embracing it.

You don't understand our faith. Rather, because you think you do, you dismiss it outright and mock.

If you knew what we actually believed, you'd realize that your crusade amounts to little more than your refusal to come to terms with reality. Our faith is about making peace with reality, and accepting it with thanksgiving.

Love God who is the way things are.

But in your dismissing, you are refusing to understand. This is not the behavior of someone who loves what is true, rather someone who prefers something else to the truth. Those who love truth have charity.

Mopac
Mopac
Aye....

"Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.
He that reproveth a scorner getteth to himself shame: and he that rebuketh a wicked man getteth himself a blot.
Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.
Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding."