Any thing in Sports

Author: Nd24007

Total: 18
Nd24007
Debates: 0
Nd24007
If you have anything to say or mention in sports I'm your guy to talk too.

So, lets here it....

vagabond
vagabond
LeBron stitched up the pumpkin head.
Castin
Castin
-->
@Nd24007
Why didn't soccer catch on in America? Overshadowed by football?
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Castin
Maybe because all you need is a $20 soccer ball.  With gridiron you sell each player a $1000 outfit.

Castin
Castin
-->
@keithprosser
Maybe once people developed a taste for the brutality of football, soccer just wasn't gonna cut it.

You think with the scope of this CTE thing coming to light football is on the way out?

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Castin
By 'football' you mean American football or soccer?

I'm not a doctor or a sportsman, but I think it must be than in contact sports like football, soccer and rugby one's brain is going to get shaken around inside its skull a fair bit.  I expect sports will be around for a while yet.

Castin
Castin
-->
@keithprosser
American football.

How much do you know about CTE exactly?
keithprosser
keithprosser
Almost nothing.  
Castin
Castin
-->
@keithprosser
Well that explains why you seemed to be talking about it like it was just a few bumps.

Nd24007
Nd24007
-->
@vagabond
What does this mean?
Nd24007
Nd24007
-->
@Castin
Mostly bec. here in American, We are just into other sports such as America Football, Basketball, and Baseball, We have a lot of sports that we just more into, soccer is low scoring and boring for the average fan here. There are others reason too. 

SamStevens
SamStevens
-->
@Nd24007
Who do you have winning in Conor Mcgregor v. Khabib Nurmagomedov?
Nd24007
Nd24007
-->
@SamStevens
Good question.

I would say i have Mcgregor. But i can see it being a close fight, Probably winning it off a draw. going the 5 full rounds...

SamStevens
SamStevens
-->
@Nd24007
IMO, I say Conor ko/tko's Khabib. Khabib has poor footwork and always gets hit in some capacity during his fights. The Michael Johnson fight showed that Khabib could get touched and hurt while on his feet and the Al Iaquinta fight shows he has poor stand up. Khabib is second to none when it comes to ground control and wrestling, where he typically mauls opponents and wears them out over the course of the fight. However, each round, the fight starts standing and Conor has excellent footwork that enables him to keep the distance and utilize angles to land that left hand, which has dropped many, including Eddie Alveraz which everyone thought was going to take down Conor and wrestle with him. 

With Mcgregor being over and above both Al Iaquinta and Michal Johnson in terms of striking, Khabib literally can not afford to have that left hand crack him. 

IMO, Conor's nearly 2-year absence from the octagon shouldn't really affect him.

Nd24007
Nd24007
-->
@SamStevens
I will agree with u... 

Good detail,  I have to admit, I really don't know too much about Khabib. I just know Conor is far and ahead better. But i do think his lay off form the octagon will have some effect on him. So this is why i think it will go late like the 5th round. 

SamStevens
SamStevens
-->
@Nd24007
The deal with Khabib is that many think he's over-rated and that he was fed 'nobodies' to fight which allowed him to amass like a 26-0 record. He has faced some good fighters, though,h like Edson Barboza, which he completely manhandled. 

Some also say that Conor is over-rated, having fought a Chad Mendes, who accepted the fight on 2 weeks notice; that Conor got lucky in the Jose Aldo fight with the 13 second KO, and that he fought fighters who weren't in their prime(Max Holloway and Dustin Poirier). 

As for the 2 year notice, it's interesting. Other fighters came off of a 2 year absence to win big, such as Dominick Cruz who beat TJ for the bantamweight belt.

Although it was 2 years since he last stepped foot in the octagon, it's been about a year since he last had a fight(Mcgregor vs Mayweather), the boxing match which allowed him to spend months training in preparation with his striking only(as opposed to learning a lot more stuff that MMA demands). Having gone through a boxing camp, I'd say his strikes may be a lot more powerful/better due to having a camp solely devoted to that aspect of fighting. 

Nd24007
Nd24007
Well, this fight should be pretty interesting...  Still, have Conor winning, But i do think it could be a good fight. It just to bad this fight isn't this weekend... lol
  Still, have over three weeks. of waiting... 
SamStevens
SamStevens
-->
@Nd24007
Yeah, I wish the fight were closer too. I always like watching those who talk mad shit about whatever fighter they are against only for their 'side' to lose. 

Hopefully, the fight doesn't have any controversy(illegal blows, whatever) so neither side can make excuses as to why they lost.