There Is Goodness In The Bible

Author: Salixes

Read-only
Total: 5
Salixes
Debates: 0
Salixes
I have taken on board the considerable amount of flack I get for being negative about religion; Christianity in particular..... (However, I do maintain that exposing lies, deceit and bigotry is hardly being a lying, deceitful bigot oneself. One should not shoot the messenger.)
....so I thought I might just pass comment on something good in the Bible. For example, there are many,..... oh well, a few,....ok, at least one great piece of good advice contained in the Great Holy Book (and man, it is so holy you could strain spaghetti with it).

"Thou shalt not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination." (Leviticus chapter 18 verse 22 [1])

Now, let's just unpack these inimitable words of advice, shall we? The operative word being: "lie".

For example. When (as a male) you are out with your (male) mates, and especially after more than a few frothy, cleansing ales you are likely to boast (ok, let's be frank....lie) about the one that got away.
You go home and, wearing your beer goggles lie with your wife, "Geeziz, your tush looks great in those jeans".

So, you just ain't going to lie with your (male) mates in the same way you that would lie with your (woman) wife.

That's a great bit of advice about how we should lie don't you think? And just to drive home the point, let's look at the absurdity of the converse.

You wouldn't lie with one of your mates, "Hey Gary, your tush looks great in those jeans". You could bet a wombat on predicting that you will be wearing your Four X all over your head, not in it.

And, upon returning home you wouldn't lie with your wife by gratuitously carrying on about the marlin that slipped off the boat after a marathon 10 hour battle of reeling it in. Less than halfway through your lie she will have dozed away into the land of nod and you will be certain that you will not get to, er well....lie with her that night.
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Salixes
I have taken on board the considerable amount of flack I get for being negative about religion; 
No. You get flack for spamming more threads than you can reply. How many threads have you farted in the last week?

Have you noticed that the zero-reply condition is starting again? As people see that all your posts are the same monotonous "Christianity bad" drone, and that you never really debate, they start to tune you out. You aren't surprised are you? It has ALWAYS happened to you.

Get outrageous, and increase your spamming, but people will still eventually tune you out. After you get 10 zero-reply threads, I'll update them for you OK?
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Salixes
2 zero reply threads so far. Even I didn't think your mono-topic lame threads would get old so quickly.

Lol. Do you feel another compulsive fit coming on?
ludofl3x
Debates: 0
ludofl3x
The two of you ought to take this act back to your old website, what happened there? One guy starting topics six at a time, the other pointing it out and neither contributing to furthering any real discussion most of the time. 
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@ludofl3x
You forgot the 3rd guy.....