Debates: 0
Salixes
Well, He made everything, didn't He?
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Salixes
An alternative hypothesis might suggest that people of Chinese origins were or might be instrumental in the creation of the old or new God.

That is to ask, might everything have evolved in exactly the same way previously and might everything evolve in exactly the same way in due course?
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@zedvictor4
That is to ask, might everything have evolved in exactly the same way previously?

Not likely lol. The universe is WAY too young for something like that to be remotely plausible.

Might everything evolve in exactly the same way in due course?
Also not likely. The future is quite finite under our current understanding of physics.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
We have very little or even no understanding regarding the reality of everything.

All that we are fairly sure of is this universe.

We certainly have no way of knowing if there was or might be a before or an after.
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@Salixes
If God exists, why would he be Chinese?
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Alec
Why should it be a he and why should it not be Chinese?/

Why should it be the long haired Northern European hippy guy of Bible illustrations.

It was probably originally envisaged as a swarthy black haired Middle Easterner.

It might look just like E.T.

How do we know if no one has ever seen it?

I personally think that it is a formless cloud of data.

I won't be worshipping it though.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@zedvictor4

For starters the Creator is not subject to any environmental factors in any way, that would be creation not God. To put it simply, God doesn't have a race, genetics, gender, blood, skin or anything of the sort. God is not a product of anything created.

Why should it be the long haired Northern European hippy guy of Bible illustrations.

Lol, I believe even Christians know that Jesus (the Jew) was just an incarnation, meaning even though Jesus took on an earthly body his soul exists independent of that and actually that's true for everybody or any soul.

It was probably originally envisaged as a swarthy black haired Middle Easterner.

Again, same thing applies as above. People like to slap on some image of what an incarnation may look like, but that's just the form it took on in creation. They call that an incarnation!

I personally think that it is a formless cloud of data.

Now you're getting much closer. Although God is not devoid of consciousness and sentience (intelligence/personhood) God is not confined to any forms in creation in Its full state of awareness. So while God is formless (omnipresent) It's not just a cloud of data lol, more like an ocean of conscious awareness without any boundaries or limits. It is awareness distinct from anything created, any bodily formation but not inanimate.

I won't be worshipping it though.

What would you be doing? considering your own soul came right out of God... what if in that sense, you are closer to God then your own momma? "worshiping" in its most common simplistic meaning, is just "the feeling or expression of reverence and adoration". It can be a weird thing or just a normal expression. 
I normally wouldn't be replying to you as you always seem to get irritated or angry or try to turn my comment into something to be offended by but I find this somewhat interesting I guess. 

Salixes
Salixes
-->
@zedvictor4

....and is she black?

Quite right.
Humans have a habit of personifying anything and everything.....Mother Nature, for example. Crs..."she's a beut little Prius" , and wait for this one, "baby peas" and "jelly babies".

It's just that we got ourselves into a heck of a lot of trouble by personifying the unknown and use a blanket name such as "God".

A shite load of gullible people started actually believing what those in authority were saying about there being an actual invisible person out there.

Of course it did suit some of those naive deluded nitwits in that they already had an imaginary friend floating around their cranial mass. They could justify their madness and simply call it God.
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Salixes
They could justify their madness and simply call it God.
Or compulsion. Either or.
Salixes
Salixes
-->
@EtrnlVw
For starters the Creator is not subject to any environmental factors in any way,....
Wrong.
The (alleged) creator is subject to environmental factors in all ways.

And extensive research of all environmental factors reveals not the slightest evidence of any creation. In fact, overwhelming and irrefutable evidence has completely discounted the notion of creation.

To infer that there is any sort of realm beyond the physical environment is totally wrong and absurd.

Salixes
Salixes
-->
@zedvictor4
That is to ask, might everything have evolved in exactly the same way previously and might everything evolve in exactly the same way in due course?
Yes, you could be onto something there.
I have briefly touched on the hypothesis that, if there is indeed a God there is no way that such an entity could just happen to get there and to say that God has just always been there is a lazy man's way out. 

We have already irrefutably proven evolution through natural selection so is it possible that God evolved in the same manner?
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@EtrnlVw
An ocean of conscious awareness.
Ok.

That's not much different to a cloud of data, especially if you consider what form A.I. might take in the future and what form A.I. might have taken in the past.

Something that naturally evolves rather than something that supernaturally exists without cause.

An ultimate state of matter prior to the collapse and rebirth of a universe.

Perhaps it's just as hard for you to get your head around this concept as it is for me to get my head around your God idea.

Though as I see, both concepts could actually refer to the same thing.