Evidence That Religion Was Invented

Author: Salixes

Read-only
Total: 22
Salixes
Debates: 0
Salixes
Doesn't it stand to reason that if God invented religion, there would be only one religious text and one denomination of worship?
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Salixes
No.

Only if God instructed all peoples all at the same time, would that be true.

Geographical separation might bring about different interpretations of the same thing.

Most religions have a similar format when you clear away all the bullshit.
Salixes
Salixes
-->
@zedvictor4
No.
Geeziz bluddy Kerrist! Here we go, bringing out the strawman table of cards again. 

By the same token, what about a Lobster Telephone?
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Salixes
Doesn't it stand to reason that if God invented religion, there would be only one religious text and one denomination of worship?
What would have happened to all the confused, mistaken, and deluded people?

Not to mention all the fakes trying to use religion for profit?

Oopsies! I forgot again that you don't answer questions, especially ones that show how poor and biased your thinking is.

Carry on. I think you have 27 more threads to make today to meet your compulsion target?
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@zedvictor4

There were different religions going on at the same time and there still are.  If the pope is the word of God, and if some muslim leader is the word of God, they are instructing people to do stuff at the same time.  I think the Hindus have their leader, the Buddhists have the Dali Lama.  There are multiple religions instructing people on how to live right now.
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@Salixes
No. 

After all, every human since Adam and Eve and indeed including Adam and Eve wanted to be their own god.  So given that premise, does it not stand that there would be an infinite number of ideas and notions about whether God exists or what god looks like and would it also not stand that there would be an indefinite number of religions and texts all trying to say that there one kind of god exists and deserves to be worshiped?

In other words, every fake or copy or counterfeit that exists - can only do so BECAUSE there is an ORIGINAL. 

People generally only fake things which are valuable or originals. But the ipso facto point is a fake or a counterfeit MUST point to an original. Of course finding the original is an altogether different question. 

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
stop spamm
Salixes
Salixes
-->
@ethang5
What would have happened to all the confused, mistaken, and deluded people?

Not to mention all the fakes trying to use religion for profit?
Very good questions there.

There would be many confused and mistaken atheists who would be manipulated into following  extreme,anti-social, prejudiced atheist cults by atheist charlatans. There will always be naive, gullible people and there will always be a holes who take advantage of them.

But, as you quite rightly contended, the operative word here is "would" and the opening post said "if".

As we all know, there are many religions, many denominations and there are many texts therefore confirming that religion did not come from God but was invented.
And there are many confused and mistaken theists who are being manipulated into following  extreme,anti-social, prejudiced atheist cults by theist charlatans.

Ah well, got to go now. I have 26 more to go today.

Salixes
Salixes
-->
@Tradesecret
People generally only fake things which are valuable or originals. But the ipso facto point is a fake or a counterfeit MUST point to an original. Of course finding the original is an altogether different question. 
And, as we all now, the likely answer to that question is the Aboriginal Dreamtime. Evidence suggests that it is the original religion dating back some 40,000 years and preceding false and copied religions by considerable time margins. Let's take one false religion as an example, oooh ahhh, oh, I know, let's go for Christianity.
One can see the definite phoniness and copied aspects going on. The Abos showed what Holy Communion is all about with their Corroborees.
And the sharing of food....chucking a blue tongue on the fire until its guts explode. And the sipping of wine. I know, it is more like getting shite-faced on a slab of Four X but you can see the similarities there.

So there you have it. The original religion.
Everything else is just not the real McCoy, is it?
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Salixes
But, as you quite rightly contended, the operative word here is "would"and the opening post said "if".
But the question you dodged is, " If God DID invent religion, what would have happened to all the fakes?

Why would there be no fakes IF God had started religion? You assume this though it is dazzlingly illogical.

As TS correctly points out, the presence of counterfeits, strongly indicate the existence of an original.

So your claim, 
"Doesn't it stand to reason that if God invented religion, there would be only one religious text and one denomination of worship?"

Doesn't stand to reason. It falls. It fails. It rather stands to reason that if God was the one who invented religion, there would be many holy books and many forms of worship trying to imitate the original.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Salixes
Ah well, got to go now. I have 26 more to go today.
Hope I didn't cramp your spamming style.

I've noticed too that your zero-reply count is growing. You know what's coming, and you cannot change your behavior. Do you feel trapped?

Compulsion must feel terrible. To know your behavior is crazy, but not being able to stop yourself from doing it, and then having to rationalize some weak excuse for why you do it that everyone knows is fake.

Weeping Willow fits you.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Salixes
Lobster Telephone Strawman Haha.

And you will have to explain "Kerrist". Not an expression that I am familiar with and I cannot find a relevant definition anywhere. Many thanks.

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Evidence religion for religion may be invented. 

The other main religion. 

And The old salty sea dog,  L Ron Hubbard.
He himself may have had,  actual proff that a religion was invented.
No He didn't see it when it was a religion but hey. 
But you know.  
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Salixes
And, as we all now, the likely answer to that question is the Aboriginal Dreamtime.

LOL @ you. It is difficult sometimes to understand how small your brain is. Religion is bigger than Christianity - and it is bigger than right and wrong. This I submit is a no brainer - yet it seems likely to explode your tiny brain.

My point above was simply that many religions point to the fact of an original. You turn this on its head. Yet I never said that all religions copy the original. Some do and some don't. 

But please let us have the debate. 

Salixes
Salixes
-->
@Tradesecret
My point above was simply that many religions point to the fact of an original. You turn this on its head
I was in complete agreement with you.
And I perfectly illustrated the point with how Christians share food and drink wine.

OK, so BWS's and Four X were not around 40,000 years ago.
But I bet the Abos were making some kind of beverage made from mashed witchery grubs fermented in goanna urine. 
"Hey fullas. Dis is da body (rips off a piece of blue tongue flesh) and dis is da blood (gulps a copious quantity of "wine")" and before you can say lickety-split the whole tribe is chanting songs and looking up at the sky.

Sure, the didgeridoo has been replaced by a pipe organ but there is no denying the similarities and how the Christian Church did in fact rip off the original religion; The Dreamtime.

I'm going for a walkabout now in search of a few Boags.
Salixes
Salixes
-->
@zedvictor4
Lobster Telephone Strawman Haha.

"Kerrist"

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Salixes
So your claim doesn't stand to reason. It falls. It fails. It rather stands to reason that if God was the one who invented religion, there would be many holy books and many forms of worship trying to imitate the original.

Don't mind me. I'm just reposting the rebuttal you're dodging. Sort of a public service, if you will.

Please go on posting Aussie tinged stupidity.
Salixes
Salixes
-->
@ethang5
Please go on posting Aussie tinged stupidity.
I'm sure that if you took a trip to Aṉangu Pitjantjatjara Yankunytjatjara lands in the state where I live and tell that to the locals you would come away wearing a boomerang around your head.

Fact: The Australian Dreamtime religion is the first, original and most copied religion.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Salixes
I'm sure that if you took a trip to Aṉangu Pitjantjatjara Yankunytjatjara lands in the state where I live and tell that to the locals you would come away wearing a boomerang around your head.
And when the locals there start spamming the Dart religion board with stale mono-topic clunkers, I just might. But until then, the only compulsive here is you.

Fact: The Australian Dreamtime religion is the first, original and most copied religion.
OK Homer. So Australian Dreamtime was invented. Whose disagreeing with you?

Your claim doesn't stand to reason. It falls. It fails. It rather stands to reason that if God was the one who invented religion, there would be many holy books and many forms of worship trying to imitate the original.
Salixes
Salixes
-->
@ethang5
It rather stands to reason that if God was the one who invented religion, there would be many holy books and many forms of worship trying to imitate the original.
Wrong.
Reason would dictate that if God did invent religion, God would be real and if God were real we would certainly know about it. Therefore, there would be no reason to make up different texts and different Gods. You would have to be a complete nutter in light of the fact that God exists and of course (if He is anything like say, the Christian God) He would be displeased and instantly dispose of said texts and lock up the instigators in funny farms.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Salixes
If God were real we would certainly know about it.
We do know about it. That's why you spend your days posting the same  mono-topic thread over and over. Would you have dedicated your life to fantasy?

Therefore, there would be no reason to make up different texts and different Gods.
Except if you were deluded or dishonest. Or if you had like a compulsion or something.

You would have to be a complete nutter in light of the fact that God exists and of course (if He is anything like say, the Christian God) He would be displeased and instantly dispose of said texts and lock up the instigators in funny farms.
That is the kind of god you'd be. The real one allows "nutters" to spam the board with irrational nonsense. He respects free will, even when it's highjacked by compulsion.

Sorry, your claim fails. God or no God,  there will always loons running around trashing some religion or other. It just proves an original exists.
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Salixes
I was in complete agreement with you.
And I perfectly illustrated the point with how Christians share food and drink wine.
Nonsense. Every cultures EATS or it dies. The Indigenous culture in Australia never saw eating as something sacramentally isolated in the way that Christians do. Christians eat food primarily as a means to sustain themselves. Yet in Communion, the eating of bread and drinking of the fruit of the vine is a covenantal feast with God. The indigenous community in Australia is a "spiritual" society and everything it does from walking in the land, to eating food, to copulating, to going to fight against any of the other indigenous communities falls under the "spiritual" banner. Hence the similarity with religion is not in the eating but in the non-divorcing of religious from secular. Yet the indigenous community does not bring eating into two separate realms as the Christians do. 

OK, so BWS's and Four X were not around 40,000 years ago.
But I bet the Abos were making some kind of beverage made from mashed witchery grubs fermented in goanna urine. 
"Hey fullas. Dis is da body (rips off a piece of blue tongue flesh) and dis is da blood (gulps a copious quantity of "wine")" and before you can say lickety-split the whole tribe is chanting songs and looking up at the sky.
I really don't follow your logic here. I don't have a particular issue if the indigenous community did have some kind of intoxicating method and chanted songs into the sky. All cultures are religious. Even our secular culture and our atheists are religious. (Yes I know, they all have so called non-beliefs, yet they all practice their own rituals whatever that might be) 

Sure, the didgeridoo has been replaced by a pipe organ but there is no denying the similarities and how the Christian Church did in fact rip off the original religion; The Dreamtime.
Christianity did not rip of the Dreamtime. Only a person without history would consider that. After all, it is well established that Christianity is originally a Jewish Sect which went international because of its inclusive nature.  It is also well established that Christians did not come to Australia until the 1700s, and therefore was well established before contact with the indigenous folk of Australia. 

As for the pipe organ, it is a recent invention. Most of the reformers only used human voices with no musical accompaniment. 

I'm going for a walkabout now in search of a few Boags.
I am pleased to note that James Boags esquire was a member of St Andrews Presbyterian Congregation in Launceston. Tassie Pressies love their Boags, at least the ones in the North. The South tend to sit around BBQs sipping on their Cascade Light.