Is Spam Still Against the CoC Since Virt Took Over?

Author: Discipulus_Didicit

Total: 87
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
It if was not implied, yes
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Vader
It was, but sarcasm and text don't mix well so it is hard to tell sometimes (hence the clarification request)
Vader
Vader
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
dOeS tHiS sAtIsFty TeXt To SaRcAsM
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Vader
Yes, actually. Clever.
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
While Draft has a point that mods should not be quality police, it is undeniable that quality does matter. What Salixes does diminishes the experience of the site.

Remember he was banned before (as Willows) for the same behavior. We are now under a different CoC, so it may be true that his is not violating our current CoC.

But what if Ethan, and Stephen, and Brother Dee Dee started doing the same thing? Would 75 mono-topic, one-liner, pun posts a day be OK? Now that we have mods on both sides of the issues, it would be a great time to update the CoC without the risk of it going too far one way or another.

Our format has only 30 threads per page. 25 threads from one person a day (added to all the others) would frustrate everyone else.

But what Salixes is doing is not really spam. We have never had this problem before. It is being called spam because that is the closest known thing to what it is. Here is the real problem with it...

Our home page says...

DebateArt.com is the best online debating platform created with a single purpose to give anyone a chance to test themselves in debates and improve argumentation and eloquence skills.

Does Salixes's threads help us fulfill this purpose? Incessant one liners ment to insult the religious?

A close look shows that Sal is not really responding to rebuttals, he usually takes responses to his posts as an excuse for more insults and vitriol. He hardly ever address the point in rebuttals.

But more practically, no one can adequately respond o 25+ threads a day. Most of his threads end up being convos between others, with him absent, while he goes off to start even more threads

Our home page also says...

...community plays a decisive role in the project's development.

What is the community now saying? Will the moderating team listen?

In order to meet the highest standards of content quality, a team of community approved moderators work days and nights to make sure that intellectual intercourses stay intellectual.

So quality does matter. If Dart was just an online platform, it would not need mods or a CoC. It is not, and should not, be a place where disgruntled people simply vent grievances over and over.

Finally, did any of you see how Salixes treated Mopac? Does anyone deserve getting insulted that way just because of their belief?

Where is Mike? Does he still believe this behavior is detrimental to the site?
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@David
@drafterman
Can frequent naming users as banned users be banned? The people who do call Salixes Willows know you do check for this stuff but still decide to call people banned users. It will make Salixes time here less pleasant when they are calling him a person that he doesn't know of. 

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I think the two reasons why you care about Salixes' forum post is that Mafia is not as mentioned in the newest topics section and you don't like what Salixes' is posting. I can't really find anyone who does, Maybe Stephen, but that is beside the point. If Mafia was being spammed I doubt you would care because you enjoy that kind of "spam".

About a dozen threads with one line OPs made by the same person in the religion forum in a space of about 24 hours.
Dozen I think is thousands but I don't see thousands in 24 hours. This is of course exaggeration but why exaggerate if your point was good enough for the moderators to warrant a change in the CoC?

Just looking at his topic list and saw 7 were posted in a span of a day.

Just looking at the Mafia section oh wait Forum games section we find 4 Mafia posts were posted in a day. 

I guess there is a 3 topic difference but I doubt if Mafia had 7 in total you wouldn't be annoyed about that because you enjoy Mafia and I am guessing more than 1 person are collectively "spamming" Mafia related stuff. 
I honestly think this behavior is tied to the "newest topics" feature (similar to the way that dr franklin style spam is tied to the 'post count' feature) but okay.
No evidence to support this instead you just made an accusation.
Frankie... As DARTs resident spam expert do you think that the series of OPs in question constitutes spam? Why or why not?
I am guessing this is an attempt to get outside support and you chose Dr.Franklin? Probably the best pick but given the thing you are talking about I doubt a spammer would persuade the moderators. 
Point two: The CoC can be changed.
No he said "no one has done this before so we have to update it".
Basically it is something new therefore we should update the CoC. Different from can. You are literally making his call to action weaker.

ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@TheRealNihilist
It will make Salixes time here less pleasant when they are calling him a person that he doesn't know of. 
Salixes is Willows.

I've known he was Willows for a while, and said nothing till he voluntarily admitted to me that he was.
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
The point is that he is currently not doing anything wrong
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@David
@drafterman
@Speedrace
I would like to add that one person who does this is doubling down without evidence, just I know the guy. 
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@TheRealNihilist
If Mafia was being spammed I doubt you would care because you enjoy that kind of "spam".

It is difficult for me to disprove this accusation since mafia is not being spammed. You seem to imply that it is, which makes me doubt that you are taking the topic seriously. You know what spam is don't you?

I just don't like spam in general. Why should I?

Dozen I think is thousands but I don't see thousands in 24 hours. This is of course exaggeration but why exaggerate if your point was good enough for the moderators to warrant a change in the CoC?

Lol? Honestly can't tell if this is a joke given the level of logic in the rest of your post. If it isn't a joke then Google the word 'dozen'.

drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@ethang5
Did they do this publicly or in PM?
Vader
Vader
Who the hell is Willows though?
Vader
Vader
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
You can also ignore them. Sometimes the people who are spammers turn out to be the crazy ones on the site and are just generally excommunicated on the site in general, so time will take its course. 
Vader
Vader
Their anti-church jokes are actually not funny. if someone made a funny one, I'd laugh
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
It is difficult for me to disprove this accusation since mafia is not being spammed. You seem to imply that it is, which makes me doubt that you are taking the topic seriously. You know what spam is don't you?
All I could go by is what you said which was Salixes was doing it and your reasoning was what he posted a lot in a day. Shame you didn't actually tell me your definition of spam even when I counted the amount of posts by Salixes and Mafia posts. Now if this isn't your definition of spam give one since you didn't give one. Now it is my fault that I don't know what spam is even though drafterman and Virutoso don't consider it spam? Well done persuading them on how it is spam oh wait you haven't and they still haven't budged from that position.
I just don't like spam in general. Why should I?
I don't believe you. Mafia is spammed in the way you were using it with Salixes but guess you had no problem there is a 4 post difference in a span of a day or maybe dozens in a span of a day equal to 7 not 4. Do tell me where you said this.
Lol? Honestly can't tell if this is a joke given the level of logic in the rest of your post. If it isn't a joke then Google the word 'dozen'.
Just typed it and found the number 12. Do tell me how you got 12 in a day when he only posted 7 times? I just checked again and found out I counted wrong. He actually only posted 5 times in a span of 1 day whereas Mafia has been spammed 4 times. Really makes me wonder just how little research you've done in this instead didn't even bother to judge it fairly. 

Dozen is 12. Salixes made 5 posts yet you said he posted a dozen times. Mafia was posted 4 times in a span of a day yet I don't see you complaining about it. 

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@drafterman
Is there going to be any repercussions to what ethang5 is doing or should I stop asking?

drafterman
drafterman
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Contrary to popular belief, the moderators do not monitor every single user's posts. So when you say, "what ethang is doing" you are going to have to be more specific/explicit.
Vader
Vader
Mafia actually has use though is the problem. People actually care about mafia and what goes on with mafia. No one cares about what Salixes says and it floods mafia
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Vader
The postage stamp joke was mildly amusing.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Mafia has been spammed

Citation?
Vader
Vader
-->
@zedvictor4
Link?

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Vader
Their anti-church jokes are actually not funny. if someone made a funny one, I'd laugh
<br>

Yeah, I tried to help him with that in my first post of his "Church burns down" thread. No response =(.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Vader
@zedvictor4
Yeah that postage stamp joke got a 4.5/10 rating from me, with 5 on that scale being "it passes" so not terrible. I probably would have given it a solid 5 if not for it being part of a wave of mostly 2s and 3s.

The fact that it is one of his best is kinda sad.

Really the only other kinda decent one he had was here:

I give that one about a 5.7-5.8 but I doubt it was original by him.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Kinda funny, the lying part is pretty bad. 5/10
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Vader
Not saying it's great, I'm saying it's better than the rest.

Important distinction lol.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Define spam.

Literally choosing what you want to speak about yet glance so much more important topics. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@drafterman
This is pedantic and I don't why you just can't scroll up but whatever.

Post #35

Remember he was banned before (as Willows) for the same behavior. We are now under a different CoC, so it may be true that his is not violating our current CoC.
Calling Salixes Willows without evidence. He should also know that you check this stuff so he is pretty much lying.

Post #38

Salixes is Willows.

I've known he was Willows for a while, and said nothing till he voluntarily admitted to me that he was.
Doubling down. Says he knows but doesn't show the information. This is could be seen as misleading moderators on information plus doubling down on an accusations. 

Contrary to popular belief
Why add this? I have in no way spread conspiracy theories nor made any comparison that you are literally everywhere. 
 the moderators do not monitor every single user's posts. So when you say, "what ethang is doing" you are going to have to be more specific/explicit.
Am I supposed to take this seriously? I never asked you to look at every single post. I said look at ethang 5's posts. It is heavily implied that it is his posts in this thread since I brought it up in this thread yet you say this? 

drafterman
drafterman
-->
@TheRealNihilist
This is pedantic and I don't why you just can't scroll up but whatever.
I can scroll but. But I did not know that those posts were the posts you were talking about. This is why I requested specifics rather than just a vague "What ethang is doing."

Post #35

Calling Salixes Willows without evidence. He should also know that you check this stuff so he is pretty much lying.
He claims to have evidence, which is why I responded to him. Even if he was calling Salixes Willow without evidence that doesn't make it a lie. It's only a lie if he knows it to be false. And even if he was lying there is no moderator response warranted.

Post #38

Salixes is Willows.

Doubling down. Says he knows but doesn't show the information. This is could be seen as misleading moderators on information plus doubling down on an accusations. 
Okay... And?

Contrary to popular belief
Why add this? I have in no way spread conspiracy theories nor made any comparison that you are literally everywhere. 
 the moderators do not monitor every single user's posts. So when you say, "what ethang is doing" you are going to have to be more specific/explicit.
Am I supposed to take this seriously? I never asked you to look at every single post. I said look at ethang 5's posts. It is heavily implied that it is his posts in this thread since I brought it up in this thread yet you say this? 
Because I didn't see anything he said that was actionable, so I had no idea what you were talking about. If you have a problem with a post either A) explicitly state which post it is or B) use the report function, that's what it's there for.

A vague, "what this person is doing" isn't helpful.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@drafterman
Okay... And?
So the CoC does not have anything against ethang5 calling out users for being a banned user and saying they have evidence but not giving it?