Use of Birth Control shrinks brain

Author: Dr.Franklin

Total: 17
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
‘The Pill’ Might Shrink Certain Brain Regions Among Women Taking It
https://www.livescience.com/birth-control-brain-hypothalamus.html
It seems it has come out that the birth control pill, that has been on the market for over half a century, may shrink parts of the brain, specifically the hypothalamus.
A shrinking hypothalamus would cause the person to be more aggressive, angry, and sad/depressed. All of these symptoms would cause the person to be more sexually promiscuous.
So, it really is true. Women of previous generations, before the boomers, were likely nicer, happier, and less prone to be sluts.

Zaradi
Debates: 4
Zaradi
Bruh. Did you actually read the article or just look at the headline?

1. The sample size for the study was 50 people. Five zero. That's fucking minuscule.

2. The people who ran the study says that this evidence isn't conclusive of anything. To copy pasta from the article:

It's still too early to conclude how oral contraceptives affect the brain, if at all, Lipton said. "We're not saying that people should run out and throw away their birth control pills," he said. If anything, the results may simply point to a question that warrants more research, he added.

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Zaradi
50 people is a normal study

SO they need more testing, ok? Doesnt debunk the fact they got

Zaradi
Zaradi
Also, the paragraph right above the one I just quoted:

Indeed, the effects of oral contraceptives on the brain  remain unclear. A growing body of evidence, including the current study, suggests that there are differences in the volumes of certain brain regions in women on birth control pills, said Nicole Petersen, a neuroendocrinology researcher at the University of California, Los Angeles, who was not involved in the study. But findings on this topic haven't always been consistent — some studies suggest that women on the pill have smaller brain structures, while others reveal they have bigger or similar-size structures, she said.
Bolded is my own emphasis.
Zaradi
Zaradi
-->
@Dr.Franklin

You are trying to make a number of claims using this article as evidence that are generalized to a national/global scale. 50 people extended out to that extent is tiny.

Doesnt debunk the fact they got
Bruh, the fucking article says that it's not conclusive. It's far from a "fact".
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Zaradi
so what you saying is that study finds smaller brain but other study finds inclusisive evidence-so it leans to smaller brain

again, 50 people is a normal study, why do you try and dispute th

it is a fact, they just downt want to share it and they are afraid of the onslought of feminists like you

Zaradi
Zaradi
-->
@Dr.Franklin
so what you saying is that study finds smaller brain but other study finds inclusisive evidence-so it leans to smaller brain

Wow. To quote directly from the article (again):

some studies suggest that women on the pill have smaller brain structures, while others reveal they have bigger or similar-size structures
So no, there's no "lean" in any direction.

50 people is a normal study, why do you try and dispute
Since reading doesn't seem to be your strong suit, I'll repeat what I said before:

"You are trying to make a number of claims using this article as evidence that are generalized to a national/global scale. 50 people extended out to that extent is tiny."

To be clear, a sample size of 50 to make a claim of "hey there is some correlation between birth control pills and smaller sections of the brain" is fine. A sample size of 50 to make claims like:

Women of previous generations, before the boomers, were likely nicer, happier, and less prone to be sluts.

...is nowhere near large enough.

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
theres no denying fact
Zaradi
Zaradi
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Solid response. 5/7 I can't come back from that perfect response.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Zaradi
you are spitting nonsense

50 people is a normal study and every study use those "well we need to clarify bla bla bla" The fact they got is that use of the pill cecreases your brain

Angry feminisnt?
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Lets say that it does shrink the brain and makes it more efficient; it's why we're smarter than caveman even though they have bigger brains: Isn't that their choice?  If it prevents abortions and the females are fine with it, let them use birth control.

Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@Dr.Franklin
That's the part of the brain that controls the sex drive.  In other words, girls become slightly less (6% less) horny with birth control(https://nypost.com/2019/12/04/birth-control-pill-shrinks-part-of-brain-that-controls-sex-drive-research/).  6% of just the sex drive isn't a lot.
Zaradi
Zaradi
-->
@Dr.Franklin

You keep saying this, yet you've never explained why, nor explained why my reasoning it's too small is wrong. It sounds like you're kinda mad I'm not just blindly accepting something said on the internet.

every study use those "well we need to clarify

Lol. No, not every study says that. Just the ones who know they don't have conclusive evidence.

The fact they got is that use of the pill cecreases your brain

Ignoring the fact that I've explained how the people who made and published the study you're talking about disagree with you, that's not even what the study is saying. To quote the article:

To gauge the structure's volume, the researchers used MRI scans of 50 women, 21 of whom were taking a combination pill

So, at best, the study says "birth control may be correlated with smaller regions of the brain" rather than "birth control causes shrinking of regions of the brain".

Angry feminisnt?

Initially laughing feminist because of your inability to comprehend basic english. Now, more just kinda sad feminist. I just feel sorry for you.

Mharman
Debates: 18
Mharman
I highly doubt birth control makes you less intelligent, as the OP suggests.

21 days later

Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Do you even science bro?

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Alec