Head of Law Enforcement

Author: ethang5

Total: 26
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
As President, Trump is in charge of Law enforcement for the country. He is the direct head of the Justice department.

So what is all the palava about Trump talking to Barr? Where is the problem?

These complainers are people who don't even know how their own country's government is structured. 

Now if we could only get rid of all these activist judges, we'd be making some progress!

HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@ethang5
The president is not supposed to be meddling in the justice department. If he is allowed to do that, it is an incredibly powerful tool for corruption. For example, having charges thrown out or sentences reduced in exchange for political favors. 

The president attempting to interfere with the justice department to benefit himself and his friends is a clear abuse of power. 
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@HistoryBuff
The president is not supposed to be meddling in the justice department.
What is meddling? The President is the head of the Justice Department.

If he is allowed to do that, it is an incredibly powerful tool for corruption.
If he is allowed to do WHAT, atheist with article? Talking to your employee is now "meddling"?

For example, having charges thrown out or sentences reduced in exchange for political favors. 
But that is not what transpired. Honesty is a virtue HB.

The president attempting to interfere with the justice department to benefit himself and his friends is a clear abuse of power. 
Everything Trump does is a "clear abuse of Power" to you TDS sufferers.

Answer this question. If Trump intended to interfere with the justice department to benefit himself and his friends, why would he not simply do that in a private phone call to Barr?

The President is head of the Justice department. He can discuss any case with the AG. He is the direct boss of the AG, and his mandate as CEO is enforcement of the country's laws.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ethang5
What is meddling? The President is the head of the Justice Department.
no, the attorney general is. The president appoints the attorney general. But he is not supposed to be in charge of the day to day operations of the department, because if he were then he could use it in extremely corrupt ways. Which is exactly what trump is doing right now. 

If he is allowed to do WHAT, atheist with article? Talking to your employee is now "meddling"?

ordering the justice department to take specific actions on specific cases that involve your friends is meddling. It is also abuse of office. 

But that is not what transpired. Honesty is a virtue HB.
It was an example of the kind of corruption that could occur if the president was allowed to meddle in the justice department. He hasn't gone quite that far (which would be extremely illegal). He has just meddled to get his ally, Roger Stone, a lighter sentence for a crime he was convicted of as well as retaliating against the prosecutor that had been in charge of the case. 

Everything Trump does is a "clear abuse of Power" to you TDS sufferers.
Lol he abuses his power regularly. I have then shown you exactly why it is abuse of power. You then put your fingers in your ears and pretend the corruption isn't happening. Which one of us has TDS?

Answer this question. If Trump intended to interfere with the justice department to benefit himself and his friends, why would he not simply do that in a private phone call to Barr?
Why do you think he hasn't done that too?

The President is head of the Justice department. He can discuss any case with the AG. He is the direct boss of the AG, and his mandate as CEO is enforcement of the country's laws.
He could discuss a case with the AG. But if he orders (or even pressures) the AG to take specific actions on a case, especially if that case relates to a friend of the president, that would be abuse of power.

If the justice department can be controlled by the president, then the president and his friends are effectively above the law. Do you think the president and his friends are above the law? 
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@HistoryBuff
no, the attorney general is.
No sir. You need a civics lesson.

The president appoints the attorney general. But he is not supposed to be in charge of the day to day operations of the department, 
I said nothing about day to day running. The president is the head of the executive branch, the Justice dept. is part of the executive. He is the boss of the AG.

ordering the justice department to take specific actions on specific cases that involve your friends is meddling. It is also abuse of office. 
Both the President and the AG denied that the president ordered the justice department to take specific actions on specific cases. Calm down your TDS.

It was an example of the kind of corruption that could occur if the president was allowed to meddle in the justice department.
This isn't Kavenaugh 2.0. No one should be convicted for what COULD happen. And a chief executive talking to his AG is not meddling.

Which is exactly what trump is doing right now. 
He hasn't gone quite that far
Make up your mind man.

I have then shown you exactly why it is abuse of power. 
You showed me why you think it is an abuse of power. Reality doesn't reside between your ears. A president talking to his AG is not meddling or an abuse of power.

Why do you think he hasn't done that too?
I'm not the one making ridiculous charges against Trump. The question makes sense. And it's telling that you can't answer. The fact that Trump put his opinion in a public tweet is evidence he was not attempting to do anything illegal.

But if he orders (or even pressures) the AG to take specific actions on a case, especially if that case relates to a friend of the president, that would be abuse of power. 
And that is not what Trump did. Yet TDS has you both convicting him and admitting he has not gone that far at the same time.

You're putting your fingers in your ears and pretend the corruption IS happening. That is called TDS.

If the justice department can be controlled by the president, then the president and his friends are effectively above the law.
Sorry, that is just stupid. What you mean to say is that a president can abuse his power. So what? So can a cop. So can a judge. No one is guilty just because they can abuse their power, actual abuse must be proven.

Do you think the president and his friends are above the law?
No, but since I don't suffer from TDS, I also don't believe the president is below the law either. He remains innocent until proven guilty.

This moron liberal penchant of assuming guilt at a mere accusation, and insisting on guilt at just a possibility, will not be tolerated in America. We are not yet a Nazi nation.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ethang5
please provide a link to a source saying it is normal for a president to order the AG to lower the sentences for his friends. 

I said nothing about day to day running. The president is the head of the executive branch, the Justice dept. is part of the executive. He is the boss of the AG.
trump is ordering investigations of his enemies and the lowering of sentences for his criminal friends. Making decisions about investigations and sentences is interfering in the day to day running of the justice department. 

Both the President and the AG denied that the president ordered the justice department to take specific actions on specific cases. Calm down your TDS.
lol so a matter of days after trump arranges his trial to be fixed and he gets off the hook, the justice department then starts trying to go after trump's enemies and let his criminal friends off the hook. He is publicly announcing he wants to interfere in the justice department. It is not in any way unreasonable to think that trump is doing something that he is doing in full view of the public. 

You showed me why you think it is an abuse of power. Reality doesn't reside between your ears. A president talking to his AG is not meddling or an abuse of power.
the president telling his AG to go after his enemies and reduce sentences on his friends is a very blatant abuse of power. 

I'm not the one making ridiculous charges against Trump. The question makes sense. And it's telling that you can't answer. The fact that Trump put his opinion in a public tweet is evidence he was not attempting to do anything illegal.
your question was why didn't trump make these orders in private. I am quite certain he has done that too. The question was stupid. Trump is announcing his corruption in public because he knows his base doesn't care. You are seeing him live tweeting abuse of office and you are defending it. 

No, but since I don't suffer from TDS, I also don't believe the president is below the law either. He remains innocent until proven guilty.
everyone is supposed to be below the law. that is the point. Everyone must obey it. If the president has the authority to order the justice department to do what he wants on specific cases, he is above the law. They cannot charge him, and if he orders them not to charge his friends then they are above the law too. The system you seem to want is to make trump king. 
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@ethang5
The United States Department of Justice (DOJ), also known as the Justice Department, is a federal executive department of the United States government, responsible for the enforcement of the law and administration of justice in the United States, equivalent to the justice or interior ministries of other countries.
It's so sad how left snowflakes can't be bothered to wiki basic civic concepts about how the government works.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
please provide a link to a source saying it is normal for a president to order the AG to lower the sentences for his friends. 

Presidents are responsible for executing laws. This means if Obama did not enforce laws he did not like such as deportation laws, he is just being a poor president, not a criminal one.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@HistoryBuff
The President is the head of the Justice Department.

?? Lol. Can you be more dishonest? I can give you a link showing that the President is the Chief law enforcement officer in the country and is the boss of the AG.

And once again, the president did not  order the AG to lower the sentences for his friends. Please stop lying.

trump is ordering investigations of his enemies and the lowering of sentences for his criminal friends.
Another lie. Thank God the Senate was not suffering from TDS.

lol so a matter of days after trump arranges his trial to be fixed and he gets off the hook,
Now its "arranges" and not "orders"? Trump expressed his opinion. He did not arrange or order anything.

He is publicly announcing he wants to interfere in the justice department.
It isn't "interference" HB. Your calling it so doesn't make it so. And why would Trump "publicly" announce interference?

the president telling his AG to go after his enemies and reduce sentences on his friends..
The President did not tell his AG to go after his enemies and reduce sentences on his friends. You are only alleging that. Surely you can tell the difference between what the President does and what you suspect he did?

your question was why didn't trump make these orders in private.
You declined to answer. And we saw the tweet. It was not an order. It was not even addressed to the AG. Stop lying.

I am quite certain he has done that too. 
But your "certainty" is not proof or evidence of a crime. This is what you guys suffering from TDS don't get.

Trump is announcing his corruption in public because he knows his base doesn't care.
But the country is not composed only of his base. And this is your suspicion you're treating as if its fact. It isn't.

You are seeing him live tweeting abuse of office and you are defending it. 
No, I am seeing you accuse him of that stupidity. I have seen no evidence of abuse of office. Just as I saw no evidence to convict Judge Kavenaugh, I saw no evidence of Russian collusion, I saw no evidence for impeachment.

All I see is you changing your comments to, "that is what Trump is doing..." And being equivocal about what "that" refers to. Did you not say this...

It was an example of the kind of corruption that could occur if the president was allowed to meddle in the justice department. He hasn't gone quite that far (which would be extremely illegal).
To what does the bolded "that" in your comment refer? Honesty will not harm you HB.

everyone is supposed to be below the law. that is the point.
No one is below or above the law slick. We are all innocent till proven guilty.

Everyone must obey it.
And there must be proof of someone breaking the law before we convict, not just TDS fueled suspicion.

If the president has the authority to order the justice department to do what he wants on specific cases, he is above the law. 
You are being dishonest again. No one is arguing that the president has the authority to order the justice department to do what he wants on specific cases, and that is NOT what has happened. Why are you lying?

The President expressing his opinion in a tweet is not "meddling", the tweet was not an "order" to Barr, or "arranging" cases. Those are simply your allegations.

IF he orders them not to charge his friends then...
If. Then we will deal with it when it happens, not accuse and convict him of it because it's possible. That's tyranny.

The system you seem to want is to make trump king. 
No. I want the same system we had before TDS, where a person is innocent until proven guilty.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ethang5

please provide evidence that the president is supposed to control inividual cases at the justice department. Otherwise, please just stop repeating yourself. 

?? Lol. Can you be more dishonest? I can give you a link showing that the President is the Chief law enforcement officer in the country and is the boss of the AG.

And once again, the president did not  order the AG to lower the sentences for his friends. Please stop lying.
He publicly announced it. How delusional are you?

trump is ordering investigations of his enemies and the lowering of sentences for his criminal friends.
Another lie. Thank God the Senate was not suffering from TDS.
what are you talking about, he tweeted it out. How can you deny reality so easily?

Now its "arranges" and not "orders"? Trump expressed his opinion. He did not arrange or order anything.
lol trump has a history of firing anyone and everyone who displeases him. He then publicly announces that he wants the justice department to do something. Only an idiot would pretend that wasn't him pressuring them to do what he wants. 

It isn't "interference" HB. Your calling it so doesn't make it so. And why would Trump "publicly" announce interference?
tell them to take specific action on cases is interference. That is just a fact. He publicly announced it because he believes nothing he does has consequences. He knows brainwashed people, such as yourself, will defend anything he does. You are watching him abuse his power and you simply do not care. 

The President did not tell his AG to go after his enemies and reduce sentences on his friends. You are only alleging that. Surely you can tell the difference between what the President does and what you suspect he did?
lol he tweeted out a confession. You really are delusional. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ethang5

please provide evidence that the president is supposed to control inividual cases at the justice department. Otherwise, please just stop repeating yourself. 

I can give you hundreds more about Executive discretion where it involves the execution of laws.

SCOTUS has upheld this power many, many times.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ethang5
No. I want the same system we had before TDS, where a person is innocent until proven guilty.

That won't happen until the MSM is no longer a branch of the government.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@HistoryBuff
please provide evidence that the president is supposed to control inividual cases at the justice department.
My contention is that the president is the head of the Justice department. This is true. I have no clue why you're equating that fact with your imagination that Trump tried to control any individual case.

He publicly announced it. How delusional are you?
"It" being what, atheist with article? Trump announced his opinion. It was not a directive to Barr. Doesn't the 1st amendment cover the president?

what are you talking about, he tweeted it out. How can you deny reality so easily?
I don't deny he tweeted, I deny he tweeted what you are saying he did. Reality is not your loony interpretation of his tweet.

lol trump has a history of firing anyone and everyone who displeases him.
So does every boss on Wall Street. So what? They serve at the pleasure of the president. It is not a crime for the commander in chief to fire an employee he is displeased with.

He then publicly announces that he wants the justice department to do something.
You are still lying. Trump did not ask the Justice dept to do anything. Read the tweet. It is not instructions or a request.

Only an idiot would pretend that wasn't him pressuring them to do what he wants.
You are so dishonest! First it was "ordering" the Justice dept to, then it was "arranging" his trial to be fixed, now its him "pressuring" them! All Trump did was express his opinion that the sentence was extreme.

All the silliness about pressure, and orders, and arranging is from your TDS, not reality.

And why would Trump "publicly" announce interference?

tell them to take specific action on cases is interference. That is just a fact.
But it is not a fact that Trump told them to take any action. The FACT is that Trump only stated his opinion.

You lie with the word "that", trying to make it seem as if your word "that" refers to interference when it only refers to his opinion. So far you've called it "ordering" and "arranging" and "pressuring".

The fact is that interference is only your perception of the effect of the tweet, and your TDS is confusing you into thinking your perception is Trump's intent.

lol he tweeted out a confession. You really are delusional. 
Yeah. I'm the delusional one. Sorry HB, I don't think you're sane enough for this conversation.

@GP
GP, I think HB is too deranged to see his delusion. Your posts were good but wasted on a person who is no longer rational. But thanks
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
The Attorney General serves at the pleasure of the President of the United States. The real issue with the Roger Stone trial is the fact that the foreman was Democratic woman who ran for Congress and posted numerous anti Trump opinions and tweets. No one talks about that. The case should be declared a mistrial by the Obama judge who let it all happen.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
Imagine if Richard Spencer was the foreman at the OJ trial?

I am pretty sure Clinton would have had an opinion about it.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
Democrats. Jailing and impeaching political opposition since 2016.

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
I love how Andy McCabe gets away for lying while Flynn and the others get prosecuted

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
2 tier justice system depending on party affiliation.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
2 tier justice system depending on party affiliation.

Way may have to become DINOs then 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
You know, it was sad because many on the right were silent about the judicial railroading of Trump's associates because they believed in 2016 that the judicial system was fair, and that they would get the people on the left too.

2020, we know better.

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
You know, it was sad because many on the right were silent about the judicial railroading of Trump's associates because they believed in 2016 that the judicial system was fair, and that they would get the people on the left too.

2020, we know better.
If you are on the right, idk how you can fathom the possibility of a Democratic President with the courts on the line. Trump has like 190 judges confirmed with the help of Mitch McConnell. Two Supreme Court justices and a possible third could retire or pass away in the next 4 years. Even if you hate the man’s personality, think of the future for your kids with judges that can enforce capitalism and serve as an obstacle to socialism,

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
I'm so sick of what the government says I can or cannot do with my own money.

It's not like abortion where the baby has no say in the transaction. 

People can choose to either take my money or choose not to. Why does the government need to get involved?

I went to a convenience store a year ago and tried to buy 4 dollars worth of junkfood on a debit card, and the store refused my money citing a 5 dollar minimum purchase. I left the junkfood on the counter and walked away, I didn't fucking call my congressman!
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
I went to a convenience store a year ago and tried to buy 4 dollars worth of junkfood on a debit card, and the store refused my money citing a 5 dollar minimum purchase. I left the junkfood on the counter and walked away, I didn't fucking call my congressman!

love this
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
I'm so sick of what the government says I can or cannot do with my own money.

Amen
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Greyparrot
If AOC ever gets enough power, the government will start having a say about money you haven't even yet made!
ethang5
ethang5
I bet most liberals had no clue that the president was head of the Justice department and was legally entitled to discuss ongoing cases.

Trump is being accused of abusing power the office he holds is legally entitled to.

And even lawyers and so called constitutional scholars are doing this! Is that the poor state of education in the country or just TDS?