Are Trolls Universal?

Author: ethang5

Total: 40
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
I wonder, do Muslim boards in Muslim countries have atheist trolls who spend their days attacking Islam?

Are Hindu boards in India infected with atheist idiots repeating what is basically the same post over and over for years?

I see Muslims and Hindus get attacked on religion boards in America. But a "religion" board in India would be hindu-centric no? Are there trolls there?

On an Arabic Muslim board, are there trolls spamming over and over? If it's just obsessive/compulsive disorder, one would expect the answer to be "yes, there are."

But if atheist trolls are rare on such boards, then the phenomena may be more than just obsessive/compulsive disorder.

On religion boards in the US, the Muslims, Jews, and Hindus get attacked mostly by racists and bigots, even by theist ones. But the atheists who park on religion boards with enough bile to last them for years tend to all be anti-Christian.

I wonder why that is?
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac

The natural consequence of Rome's break from Orthodoxy was the reformation.

The natural consequence of protestant scholasticism is the rejection of Christianity.

Basically, the west is in a spiritual dark age. There is a nihilistic spirit guiding everything towards oblivion.

If people don't wake up, they are going to find themselves under the rule of tyrants.

Western Christendom needs to rediscover Orthodox Christianity and make a return to it. The consequences of the west's apostasy is that it has infected the entire world with communism.

Deb-8-a-bull
Debates: 0
Deb-8-a-bull
Do Religious Female posters really exist ?
Salixes
Salixes
-->
@ethang5
I wonder why that is?
And in that very question lies the answer.

It's because no matter how much truth you hammer into a Christian, he or she would not even begin to want to comprehend what the heck you're going on about.

In Muslim countries, you won't even get any atheist who proclaims his status let alone dare speak a word against Islam since he ain't going to be wearing his head for long. In India, religion is so deeply inground culturally that an atheist would have much more success in selling ice to the Eskimos than trying to reason with those curry munchers.

In the Western, free, civilised and secular world where Christianity is the spiritual poison of choice, there is hope for atheist advocates to do good work in the community and make a difference by converting Christians to a normal way of life.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Salixes
Atheism has nothing to offer. You are simply spreading ignorance and encouraging the marginalization of my people who have suffered enough as it is in the last century.

You are very misguided. You don't understand what you are fighting. 

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
probably, but those trolls are istantly shutdown as some forums are for RELIGIOUS TALK ONLY NOT ATHEISM TALK
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Salixes
It's because no matter how much truth you hammer into a Christian, he or she would not even begin to want to comprehend what the heck you're going on about.
OK, so Christians are hardened to trolls.

...there is hope for atheist advocates to do good work in the community and make a difference by converting Christians to a normal way of life.
The same Christians you just said would not even begin to want to comprehend?

In Muslim countries, you won't even get any atheist who proclaims his status let alone dare speak a word against Islam since he ain't going to be wearing his head for long. 
Really? Online? And yet some trolls say Christianity is worse. I guess it depends on how much one values his head.

In India, religion is so deeply inground culturally that an atheist would have much more success in selling ice to the Eskimos than trying to reason with those curry munchers.
Success at what? Fabricating more trolls? In the six years you've been spamming the same thread, how much "success" have you had?
Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
The term, "troll," is far too easy a term to throw around on forums. Typically it is used to refer to statements or behavior one simply dislikes. It in many ways diverts the responsibility one has for one's own emotions, and projects them as "provocation." While I agree that Salixes' threads are both frequent and provocative, as far as I can tell, he hasn't provoked anyone in particular. And there's a simple measure in responding to behavior you dislike: ignore it. Remember, it is you--i.e. everyone who participates--who responds to his threads and statements.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Athias
While I agree that Salixes' threads are both frequent and provocative, as far as I can tell, he hasn't provoked anyone in particular. 
I didn't call Sal a troll here or speak about his threads.

And there's a simple measure in responding to behavior you dislike: ignore it.
As people are beginning to do with his threads. But I hope you notice, this is my thread.

The term, "troll," is far too easy a term to throw around on forums. 
True. But the term and those it describes do exist. I was wondering about a tendency of trolls, not accusing anyone of being a troll.

Some people have been called a troll by virtually everyone for the last 6 years. I doubt the charge surprises them anymore.

What do you think about the OP's question? Do you think religion boards in  non-christian societies suffer the same anti-theist troll problems?
Salixes
Salixes
-->
@Mopac
You are simply spreading ignorance and encouraging the marginalization of my people who have suffered enough as it is in the last century.
Exposing the hypocrisy, lies, and deceit of religion is doing quite the opposite in that religiously afflicted people are being weaned off their forced ignorance of relevant facts.

Religious devotees marginalize themselves through maintaining idiosyncratic beliefs that harbour anti-social attitudes and behaviour. I have done a lot to help these people assimilate into decent, moral, civilised society.

You are advised to have a good look at your anti-social, bigoted views before making an erroneous judgment on others.
ethang5
ethang5
Talk about delusion.
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@ethang5
Western countries have free speech.  Saying something atheist won't get you killed.  As an agnostic, I value the free speech in the west and everywhere.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Alec
Western countries have free speech.  Saying something atheist won't get you killed.
But, going by the recent school and church shootings, saying something Christian could get you killed.

Militant anti-theist morons don't care about the free speech of others.

As an agnostic, I value the free speech in the west and everywhere.
As Europe and Canada import primitive morons into their countries by the boat load, enjoy free speech while you can.

Hate speech laws and Sharia laws are about to make the free speech you value a thing of the past.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Salixes
If you listen to what I say, the only Orthodox Christian around here, it should be apparent that what we believe in no way resembles your caricature of it.

It makes more sense to understand what we believe before trying to refute it. 

You don't understand our faith. 

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Mopac
It makes more sense to understand what we believe before trying to refute it. 
That assumes making sense has anything to do with Ol' Sal's intent.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@ethang5
I understand where he is coming from. He doesn't know any better. Besides, his impression of Christianity is likely sculpted by the pharisitical assholes around him who respond to him in a manner indistinguishable from the pagan.

People are rarely converted by arguments. Love is the weapon of a Christian. 

It's hard to love people. It requires self sacrifice.

Oh how I would love to mercilessly mock people! But I know that I must become less so that Christ be magnified in me.

Salixes
Salixes
-->
@Mopac
If you listen to what I say, the only Orthodox Christian around here, it should be apparent that what we believe in no way resembles your caricature of it.
I have no reason to doubt that's what you believe.

However, the fact is that my caricature of Christian Churches is totally correct and I have thoroughly backed up my claims already.

It is significant that you have not refuted the facts I presented.

Simply saying "what we believe in no way resembles your caricature of it" as a reply further reinforces my observation that you, along with other members of your cult, are ignorant, arrogant and deluded.

Whether you like it or not, the facts remain the same.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Salixes
What is there to refute? If I were to answer you according to your folly I would only be reinforcing your superstitions, which would make a fool of both of us.

You'd have to forget everything you think you know, and be taught afresh. The fact is, you don't understand my faith. That being the case, you are incapable of making an effective argument against it. You can only really speak to people who are in the same boat as you. That is, those who don't really understand the faith to begin with.

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
A well thought out " religious group " will come about soon* to combat alllllllllllllll religious groups and get things back on the norm. 
Like ummmmm, people from this group can say whatever they want as long as they are rubbing their belly clockwise. 
Or 
Or 
If a person from a religious group are to talk to a person from the well thought out religious group,  and are not hopping on one foot whilst talking to them then that is just downright disrespectful.  
Crap like this....
A million plus atheists will join this group in a afternoon and we'll all have to accept it. 

A REALLY WELL THOUGHT OUT RELIGION. 

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
A REALLY WELL THOUGHT OUT RELIGION. 
Not unlike you posts then. Lol.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Mopac
I understand where he is coming from.
I don't think you do. But I am willing to let you find out that you don't.

People are rarely converted by arguments.
A Christians goal is not always  conversion.
Salixes
Salixes
-->
@Mopac
The fact is, you don't understand my faith. That being the case, you are incapable of making an effective argument against it.
I think that poor excuse for an argument has well and truly passed its use-by date.

I suggest you may be able to raise your level of discussion just that little bit higher buy emptying the words "ultimate", "truth" and  "don't understand " from your copy and paste basket. Being deliberately deceptive and evasive only shows that you have no viable reply at all.

Time to raise your standards if you want any hope of cutting the mustard with someone who knows a fraud when he sees one.

When you go into your demonic cult fortress after lent you can, of course, let yourself go and tell heaps of lies and be as deceiving as you want since nothing will go past those walls you know.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Salixes
You have no good reason to accuse me of deceit. You simply are dissmissing me outright.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Mopac
Maybe you haven't loved him hard enough Mo.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@ethang5
I don't think think you should make excuses for your inability to present a better example. The wickedness of the person you are talking to is not a license to respond in a way that is unbecoming of the example we are supposed to set.

I am not so deluded as to think that I can save anyone, or reveal anything to a person. I am not The Holy Spirit. What I do know is that love is long suffering, and indeed it is a lot harder to love your enemies, bless those who curse you, and pray for those who despitefully use and persecute you than it is to make sport of a fool.

Love is not easy. No one ever said it was. But I know "the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned". That is what we are called to do.

Mopac
Mopac
I have spent many years loving people who may never come to The Truth. It is not my place to be concerned with outcomes. My job is simply to throw seeds around and hope that some of it lands on fertile ground. I am a wayfarer, aa wanderer in this strange land.

I'm Johnny Appleseed ova here
Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
-->
@ethang5
I didn't call Sal a troll here or speak about his threads.

As people are beginning to do with his threads. But I hope you notice, this is my thread.
Okay.

What do you think about the OP's question? Do you think religion boards in  non-christian societies suffer the same anti-theist troll problems?
I wouldn't know. The internet sort of makes that irrelevant. While I would presume that non-christian societies are more culturally and ethnically homogeneous, and thereby less prone to dispute religion, anyone can connect with virtually anyone and have a discussion on any site that allows for comments.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
There are theists and there are atheists.

And atheists decided that theism was nonsense and therefore say so.

And theists decided that theism wasn't nonsense and therefore say so.

And trolls are imaginary creatures that were said to live somewhere in Scandinavia .

And give a nutter a gun and they will shoot someone for some reason or another and religion is a good enough reason for some nutters.

And what would be the purpose of a debating website if everyone agreed about everything?

O.K. One perhaps wouldn't want to make ones atheist opinions so well known in certain countries, for obvious reasons.

Though I think that in such situations, troll wouldn't be the favoured pejorative.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Mopac
I don't think think you should make excuses for your inability to present a better example.
I made no excuse. To the froward God shows Himself froward. You are well meaning but inexperienced.

The wickedness of the person you are talking to is not a license to respond in a way that is unbecoming of the example we are supposed to set.
Sal isn't wicked. He's just a dweeb in pain. And he is currently unable to see any example you set.

...than it is to make sport of a fool.
At least you know he's a fool.

That is what we are called to do.
So then what is your problem? I suggested you love him harder. Isn't that what you said is the answer?

You think Jesus is calling us to be  pacifists. He isn't. Sometimes, a person is a Pharaoh. Their only purpose is to be used as a tool to show the sovereignty of God, and strengthen the faith of observing believers.

Exo 7:4 - But Pharaoh shall not hearken unto you, that I may lay my hand upon Egypt, and bring forth mine armies, and my people the children of Israel, out of the land of Egypt by great judgments

Exo 10:1 - And the LORD said unto Moses, Go in unto Pharaoh: for I have hardened his heart, and the heart of his servants, that I might shew these my signs before him

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
And theists decided that theism wasn't nonsense and therefore say so.
But do theists park on atheist websites and post over and over that atheism is nonsense?

...and religion is a good enough reason for some nutters.
So is atheism.