They are compatible with each other.
Salixes
Debates: 0
Salixes
-->
@Dynasty
They are compatible with each other.
Completely wrong.

There is nothing in Genesis that can even be remotely translated as having anything to do with evolution let alone be compatible.

"Oh then Sal, where's your evidence?" I hear you cry in your relentless search for the truth.

To which my response would be:

"Sure Dienasty, following is a link to the complete book of Genesis which clearly shows that there is nothing at all that is compatible with evolution, unless of course you wish to make up some ridiculously absurd case to embellish such a futile and doomed topic".

In which case, bring on the stupidity and see where it gets you.
Dynasty
Debates: 11
Dynasty
-->
@Salixes
Not really. Also, I suggest you watch this debate. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us_E6t6TrIY
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
of course they are
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
How are they compatible, in your opinion?
Dynasty
Dynasty
-->
@ludofl3x
Basing scholarship.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Dynasty
Genesis the myth or genesis the word?
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Dynasty
@Salixes
"Oh then Sal, where's your evidence?" I hear you cry in your relentless search for the truth.
To which my response would be:
Nothing. You did not offer any response or post a link.

The simple thing would have been to point out one thing in Genesis or in evolution that contradicts the other.

But you couldn't do that, and yet could insult Dynasty by implying what he would bring would be stupidity.

Other than your personal disagreement, what have you offered? Yet later you will lie that you brought up well researched facts to support your claim.

Do you ever tire of lying? And how good is your case if you have to lie?
Salixes
Salixes
-->
@Dynasty
Not really. Also, I suggest you watch this debate. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us_E6t6TrIY
Yes, it is really stupid as well as extremely bias as to be completely laughable.

How many other lectures have there been when some charlatan who makes a living out of being on the speaking circuit (especially to religious campuses) spins a complete load of rubbish to those that are naive and wasting their money?
Thousands, that's how many.

There is nothing at all new about an unscrupulous individual with a string of qualifications (who could not get a professorship) to make money out of spinning a load of contrived nonsense.

Even I could get up on stage and start re-interpreting the Bible to fit in with the message I am getting across to an audience of gullible nitwits.
Every one of the "compatible with evolution" translations was ambiguous, weak, and did not relate to any scientific fact about evolution through natural selection.

Come on...re-translating "in the beginning" to mean a series of events is drawing a longbow, to say the least, only to be contradicted by the week it took God to create the universe. "Oh, but of course", I hear you say.....a day to God is a million years because the interpretation by Dr. Geekhead says so.

The Bible has been and will continue to be interpreted hundreds of different ways by thousands of theological opportunists cashing in on thousands more nitwits wanting to hear that sort of tripe in order to justify their nutty beliefs.

When a consensus of qualified language experts and scientists reveals a passage in the Bible that correctly translates as "the advanced progression of amino acids forming the meiosis of DNA bearing cells replicating themselves......", I will certainly sit up and listen.

Until that time (which has as much chance as pigs flying) the Bible shall remain what it is and always has been...a book of reference containing no more than speculative unverified anecdotes and myths, as well as timelines and information that have been conclusively been proven wrong.

There is absolutely nothing in the Bible that remotely comes close to mentioning anything about evolution and those who get sucked into believing otherwise are stupid.

In other words, you are proven to be stupid.

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Dynasty
"Basing scholarship"? How does that make them compatible?
ethang5
ethang5
Still not one example of anything in either evolution or Genesis that contradict each other.

I'm beginning to think our Darwinists don't have an example. Sal can make a 10 paragraph post and still not mention a single example.

He keeps repeating, "Genesis says nothing about evolution." Of course he knows that no one said Genesis says something about evolution. The claim was that evolution did not contradict Genesis.

Because he is a biased rabid anti-theist, he thinks the claimant is trying to validate Genesis by associating evolution, when the claimant is actually saying that evolution cannot be used to counter Genesis.

Dynasty
Dynasty
-->
@Salixes
In other words, you are proven to be stupid.
Nope. Also, the rest of your comment is just you acting up all emotional.

Salixes
Salixes
-->
@Dynasty
Nope. Also, the rest of your comment is just you acting up all emotional.
Wrong.I completely backed up my claim with facts and reason.

Neither am I acting up. My post was serious, reasoned and completely valid.

I'm afraid that by refuting a valid post with "nope" just doesn't cut it in a forum.

It either shows you simply do not have a valid reply and concede my argument or just stupid as I quite rightly stated, most likely both.

You are stupid and my claim stands 100%.

My advice is that perhaps you should start getting a bit serious and stop making frivolous comments towards others for no reason other than out of your own ignorance and arrogance.
Salixes
Salixes
I'm beginning to think our Darwinists don't have an example. Sal can make a 10 paragraph post and still not mention a single example.
But the fact is that I have mentioned many examples which remain unopposed.

For example, the very first line of the Bible is contradicted by the fact that the heavens and the earth were not created.
And it gets worse from there.
I mean, huh, what about the complete piece of crap that Adam was made in a day. It slightly contradicts the established fact that Kwame (since the first homo erectus was African) was born over a million years ago.

I could write a book about all the glaring inaccuracies in the Bible but it is far simpler to just say that the Bible is a load of unmitigated rubbish then just trickle feed all the disbelieving Thomases, then sit back and see them run around like mad hens trying to talk their way out of it.
Dynasty
Dynasty
-->
@Salixes
Wrong.I completely backed up my claim with facts and reason.
Sure you have. Again, watch the debate. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us_E6t6TrIY

I'm not stupid. And your claims don't stand 100%.
Salixes
Salixes
-->
@Dynasty
I'm not stupid. And your claims don't stand 100%.
I watched the debate and there was not one, not one example of evolution in Genesis quoted by the speakers. Not one and I challenge you to name just one example.

Once again you are making completely unsupported statements and have not once backed up any other statement to date.

The video has already been verified as providing no evidence whatsoever to your ludicrous thread.
I have gone to the trouble to thoroughly research the topic and have provided sufficient evidence to support my claims, none of which has been challenged.
I need to remind you once again that "nope" and "I'm not" do not constitute a successful challenge nor valid statements, reinforcing my argument even further that your thread holds no weight at all and that you are profoundly stupid.

Those facts have now been firmly established and accepted since you have refused to both explain (a biased and discredited video do not constitute an explanation) or refute my arguments.

Case closed.
Dynasty
Dynasty
-->
@Salixes
Not one and I challenge you to name just one example.
Ecclesiastes 3:18?

Salixes
Salixes
Ecclesiastes 3:18?
"I also said to myself, "As for humans, God tests them so that they may see that they are like the animals."

You would have to be dishonest and take it completely out of context to have any association with evolution since the passage goes on to further elaborate:
"For the fates of both men and beasts are the same: As one dies, so dies the other—they all have the same breath. Man has no advantage over the animals, since everything is futile.…"

Stating that both animals and humans breath and die comes nowhere even remotely near associating the Bible with evolution.

Now, try another one. This time, at least try not to be so dishonest.

And, may I say, that is a great piece of scripture and tells us to consider that in the end, we are all as vulnerable as each other....so true.

You see, I don't necessarily knock the Bible since it really does say some really good stuff.

However, I will always knock the crap out of those who use the Bible to interpret it for their own devious ends.

Next one please.

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Dynasty
Are you referring to the entire book of Genesis, or just the part with the creation myth?
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
The only way they are and can be compatible is through or because of ' Scripture '

Putting this scripture format writing in a Holy book.  
It's.
It's brilliant. 

Well played. 

Salixes
Salixes
-->
@ludofl3x
Are you referring to the entire book of Genesis, or just the part with the creation myth?

That is pretty irrelevant by now, Dienasty has been caught out good and proper and has now run away with his tail between his legs.

To start with, it has been established that there is absolutely nothing in Genesis nor the entire Bible that comes even remotely near to being construed as having anything to do with evolution.

Secondly, Dynasty was caught out trying to pull a swifty on everyone.....see post #13.

Through diligent checking (which I always do) he was found to be deceptive and lying....and I mean big time.

So, I would expect that he will be hanging low for a while until (when he perceives) the dust blows over.

There's no accounting for dishonesty, is there?

Salixes
Salixes
-->
@ludofl3x
So, this is just indicative of someone in a losing position who will go to desperate lengths to justify his loony beliefs even if it means lying and deceiving and being slippery and slimy enough to never come out and actually say anything but rather make veiled inferences.
In other words, a bleeding Christian
Dynasty
Dynasty
-->
@Salixes
Dienasty has been caught out good and proper and has now run away with his tail between his legs.
Declaring victory, much?

dustryder
Debates: 5
dustryder
Only in the sense that evolution is compatible with the idea of a flying hippo-like creature that poops out rainbows

Salixes
Salixes
-->
@Dynasty
Declaring victory, much?
Yeah, by one helluva margin actually.

So, you now realise that you are going to have to turn things around in your camp one helluva lot. 

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Salixes
Declaring victory, much?

Yeah, by one helluva margin actually.
If you're going to crown your own self king, make it a big sparkly paper crown eh? Lol
Dynasty
Dynasty
-->
@Salixes
I completely backed up my claim with facts and reason.
Sure you did, kid. Also, provide those facts and reasons.

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."

My advice is that perhaps you should start getting a bit serious and stop making frivolous comments towards others for no reason other than out of your own ignorance and arrogance.
Out of my own ignorance and arrogance? Lmao. Also, I care what the scholarship says about Genesis.
Salixes
Salixes
-->
@Dynasty
I completely backed up my claim with facts and reason.
Sure you did,...

Exactly.
Now you can keep playing your circular charades but there will come a time when, while walking past the holy water fountain where all the other monks are congregated, instead of just going silent and looking at the dome, they will just all shout out in unison.... "Fu*k off Dienasty"
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Salixes
...while walking past the holy water fountain
Uh oh, the genius trots out his water cooler ditty again. Lol.

Ask him why he's the zero-reply king, and suddenly HE'S walking past a water cooler with his head down.

Rich.
Dynasty
Dynasty
-->
@Salixes
I'm sticking what the scholarship says thank you. And, I suggest you watch this playlist about Genesis. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1mr9ZTZb3TUeQHe-lZZF2DTxDHA_LFxi