Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Not this again.

Mopac
Mopac
I dunno, I think it would be pretty cool if The United States and Russia got along for once.

Are we seriously going to condemn an entire country because a few internet trolls made attempts at swaying our election? Can't we put the cold war behind us? The Soviet Union is dead, and good riddance.

Say what you want about the Russian government, it is easily the best government Russia ever had in terms of being free and respectful of human rights. Has there ever been a time when Russians were not oppressed by their government? Cut them some slack for Christ's sake. Russia ain't that bad.

I say that as someone who loves my country. I love America, and sometimes it is even hard for me to not feel passionately patriotic about it. I respect the Russian people. I'd like us to have good relations. I don't want war with Russia, hot or cold. I think it would be great if we could be allies!

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Mopac
We can never be friends until the revolution started by Lenin 100 years ago is concluded with Bernie Sanders.

Comrade.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Mopac
Unless they stop supporting Comrade Sanders, no
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Greyparrot
Well its obvious they are interfering, the hysteria over Russia is insanity
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Russia is a useful foil to justify an intrusive and authoritarian government.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Greyparrot
sure, whatever man
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
-->
@Dr.Franklin
The great (from their point of view) thing about Russian interference is that, unlike most psy-op campaigns ever, this one works best whenever it's NOT concealed.

Trump: *wins 2016 election*
Left: Russia interfered in the election! We, being traditionally not foreign policy hawks, suddenly care a whole lot about this fact. Surely there's no particular reason behind this...
Trump (recognizing that the Left's sudden focus on this is intended as an attack on the legitimacy of his election): *doubles down to the point of making false statements*
Left: OMG Trump has denied the consensus of the intelligence community he is weakening America REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Russians: *lean back from a very safe distance and sip vodka*
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Swagnarok
exactly, it worked so well last time