Stupidity Experiment

Author: ethang5

Total: 122
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
Every time some atheist trots out the tired "prayer experiment", I can't help but doubt it as I know no real scientist could be that stupid.

To help you see the abject stupidity of prayer experiments, let's do one now. And let's use you as God, (we'll call you Godson) and your kids as the believers who are to pray to you.

Let's say you have 6 children, and this experiment is trying to find out if the prayers of your children work.

So each kid will ask you for something, and we will see if that request is answered. Clear so far?

Now before the kids start praying, answer a few questions.

1. Will Godson know an experiment is being conducted?
2. Will Godson be able to control the results of the experiment?
3. Will the results of the experiment be dependable if someone inside the experiment can control the results?
4. Will Godson be more interested in the safety and happiness of his children, or the results of the experiment?

OK now. Prayer time!

Prayers
Kid one, 14 year old Tony: Can you please stay at work late tonight so I can shag my gf?
Kid two, 12 year old Anne: Can you get me a boob job? My breasts are too small.
Kid three, 10 year old Carl: I want to be a cowboy. Can you make me a cowboy?
Kid four, 9 year old Beth: Carl wants to be a cowboy and shoot bad guys, but shooting people is bad. Please don't let Carl become a cowboy.
Kid five, 7 year old Matt: Can I have a gun so that Tony won't bully me anymore?
Kid six, 5 year old Sasha: Chocolate! Lots and lots of chocolate!

Answers of Godwin.
To Tony: Are you nuts?
To Anne: Are you nuts?
To Carl: Are you nuts?
To Beth: Don't worry.
To Matt: Are you nuts?
To Sasha: No.

Experiment conclusion
Prayer doesn't work.

Would any real scientist consider this a real test of the efficacy of prayer?

*To be a valid experiment, the test subject (Godwin) cannot know he is being tested, or else he can control the results of the experiment rendering the test invalid.

*Godwin has standards that affect whether he answers prayer and how he answers. For example, Matt not getting a gun is not a sign that prayer doesn't work.

Anyone know of a way to do a blind test on God? The whole scientific "prayer experiment" is nothing but retarded stupidity.

But clueless atheists keep trotting it out. And more educated atheist pretend they don't see the thread.
Salixes
Debates: 0
Salixes
-->
@ethang5
Godwin has standards that affect whether he answers prayer and how he answers.
Well, I am in great awe of Godwin since his standards must be so high he has never ever answered one single prayer.

But what does disappoint me is that it appears Godwin's standards may be a tad too high since he doesn't even stoop down low enough to answer the prayers from thousands of parents in impoverished countries around the world where children die by the thousands every day.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Ok so ummmmm.  
First things first. 

We need to see if these kids are able to pray adequately enough and if they are all praying to the same God. 
And the only true way we can test this isssssssssssssss. 

( The Large Actionman figurine test ) 

In this test, the kids are shown a large ACTIONMAN OR WONDERWOMEN figurine with all the " privateparts " clearly colored in blue.  
The kids are then asked if anyone has ever touched these blue bits on action man on you ? 

Once the results for this are in we can move on. 

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
That you were "touched" is a thing not hard to guess looking at your posts.

It was a bad thing Deb, but you've got to move on. Neither God or Religion did that to you. And whatever group he was in matters very little.

It was not your fault, and you can be happy again. Don't gave in to the darkness.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Salixes
Well, I am in great awe of Godwin since his standards must be so high he has never ever answered one single prayer.
And Godwin is in great awe of you, since your standards must be so low you have never ever asked one single intelligent prayer.

But what does disappoint me is that it appears Godwin's standards may be a tad too high since he doesn't even stoop down low enough to answer the prayers from thousands of parents in impoverished countries around the world where children die by the thousands every day.
But He does! Remember he just helped a little girl in Ghana that you, "Mr. I'm not imaginary" couldn't help.

But notice, not a single comment by ol' Sal on how stupid "experiments" on prayer are. Just yet another charge that God is imaginary and doesn't do anything, while him being real, also doesn't do anything.

You're fake Sal. If you claim God is imaginary, then you should know there is no one other than you to help children in impoverished countries around the world.

Yet all you do is sit on your fat backside and complain over and over that the person you say is imaginary is not doing anything. You are a hypocritical fake.

God sent the money to the little girl. She is recovering from the operation. You will just keep mewling about God doing nothing, even the people who only pray do more than you. At least they have good will towards all those improvised kids.

All you have is self-righteous hypocrisy.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@ethang5
THATS IT ... I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS.... you are one crazy MF Etang.
You go running ya mouth at me when you know FULL WELL.
 YOU KNOW FULL WELL Ewangs, THAT I HAVE ( UNLIMITED PRAYERS ) 

Well 
I just fired two prayers your way big fella.  

Prayer tracker Id # 388215439.... ETA 03.47....
Prayer tracker Id # 388215440.... ETA 03.52....

Good luck with them.

Just so you know. 
Two prayers from  ( UNLIMITED PRAYERS ) leaves ( UNLIMITED PRAYERS ) minus two prayers . Leavs me with lots of prayer still to pray. 

Take your shot

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
No shot Deb. You're a victim.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
Every time some atheist trots out the tired "prayer experiment", I can't help but doubt it as I know no real scientist could be that stupid.

which suggests that athiests are not "real" scientists.  According to Pew, US scientists are 10 times as likely to identify as atheist than the average American.

To help you see the abject stupidity of prayer experiments, let's do one now.

ethang5 fails to provide a single example of the "prayer experiment" he is refuting.  
ethang5 says he is re-making the prayer experiment for us but we have no point of reference for comparison.  How do we know ethang5 is accurately representing the experiment without prior examples?

(Actually, we can be fairly confident that ethang5 is not running any experiment using the scientific method: he has offered no hypothesis, no predictions, his experiment is pure fiction, he does not explain why only children are the only subject of his experiment or why using only children should not skew his results) 

ethang5 should provide links to a few examples of the "prayer experiment" he is refuting without description or representation.

BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@ethang5

ethang5,

YOUR POST #4 THAT WILL GET YOU BANNED: "That you were "touched" is a thing not hard to guess looking at your posts."

As if you don't have enough embarrassment within this forum, you demean Debb BY INSULTING HER in a manner of her being "touched" which in an informal way means she is slightly insane or crazy, and you allegedly represent Jesus the Christ? NOT!

Don't you realize, like with me bible slapping Tradesecret, I need you in this forum to show how utterly ungodly you are as a pseudo-christian to prove that no Christian should act in the manner that you do, therefore I DO NOT WANT YOU BANNED, understand?

REPORTED

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
I say we settle this feud with a rap battle that is the biggest on the sites history. The winner will get site clout

Team Christians versus Team Athiests

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Vader

SupaDudz,

YOUR QUOTE: "I say we settle this feud with a rap battle that is the biggest on the sites history. The winner will get site clout Team Christians versus Team Athiests"

Lets do it!  We will easily win because we have Jesus on our side, praise!

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Amen
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@BrotherDThomas
I was going to say that.

Also i was deeply shocked with the comment and it brought back old memories.
I don't see why i have to put up with day after day of abuse from this thang5 character.

He belittles ( is that the word im looking for. ? )

Anyway i am feeling a little bit less sad and scared now soooooo. 
I'm just going to play on. 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
Every time some atheist trots out the tired "prayer experiment",

Let's have an example of what it is that you are banging on about. So far, you haven't even given us an example of a "prayer experiment" other than the incomprehensible garbled gibberish that you have put forward.

Showing us an  example of what it  is that your gibberish is to be compared to would be a good start. As it stands, your gibberish doesn't come across as a scientific example at all, IN FACT!  YOU should provide links to at least a couple examples of the "prayer experiment" that you are calling out and refuting.

SO, when you are ready.  

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull

Miss Debb,

In the name of Jesus, just REPORT and flag ethang5's #4 post. You are correct, enough is enough, whereas he hasn't learned from his last 2 week ban from doing the same thing.

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@BrotherDThomas
If he was any part responsible for disgusteds bann i will do it. 

Was he? 

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Stephen

Stephen,

Your refutation is spot on, but at least give ethang5  credit for actually posting a thread of his own which is number 3 in the past 1 and 1/2 years, even though it goes severely wanting upon the subject at hand. Ethang5's posting a thread of his own is slowly improving in this respect, praise Jesus!

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull

Miss Deb,

Whether or not ethang5 was responsible for disgusted's ban is irrelative to you flagging his demeaning post to you.

This is a religious forum, and Christians are to act as if Jesus is watching them 24/7/365, of which, Jesus performs this godly act in Hebrews 4:13!

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@ethang5

ethang5,

I have to easily agree with Stephen in the fact that your alleged experiment on prayer that you used was comical and irrational as well!  Where do you get this embarrassing material from, because it was not biblically vouchsafed in any way whatsoever!

Let me give you a godly REAL PRAYER EXPERIMENT, okay? Ready?

JESUS STATED; “And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, ye shall receive.” (Matthew 21:22) Using the key word: “believing,” that you will receive your prayer request in the name of Jesus, triggers the prayer in a direct and absolute manner, as none other than Jesus so states. This simply deduces to a Christian will receive their prayer without any spin doctoring to the contrary if they truly believe in getting the requested pray request and in Jesus, understood?  DO YOU WANT TO CALL JESUS A LIAR IN THIS RESPECT? NO? I didn't think so.

Therefore, if a pseudo-christian like YOU does not get their prayer answered, then the onus is put upon them because they didn’t “believe enough.” How embarrassing it must be to the pseudo-christian to know that they didn't get their prayer answered because they didn't believe enough that they would, and in Jesus the Christ, which adds even more guilt upon them.

Seriously, I feel so honored in that I am testing you and engaging in your 3rd posted thread of your own in the last 1 and 1/2 years. Praise!

BEGIN DISCUSSION ON MY RELATIVE POST ABOVE:

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Your refutation is spot on, but at least give ethang5  credit for actually posting a thread of his own which is number 3 in the past 1 and 1/2 years,

even though it goes severely wanting upon the subject at hand.

I suppose no one should be surprised. He steers clear of  creating  threads  for discussing actual scripture, Brother, and for obvious reasons; he cannot defend them without telling lies, rewriting whole verses and putting words into the mouths of biblical characters and authors that he wished they had said but didn't actually say.  

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Stephen

Stephen,

Relating to your post #20, agreed.  We have both challenged him in your post #14, and in my post #19, so let's see if he can refute them this time, and not runaway in the eyes of Jesus (Hebrews 4:13) like he has done ad infinitum before.

The clock is ticking .......

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Stupidity experiment

I believe that that you can only flavor so many wafers with a single body right?

So What i am trying to say is. 

I suspect the Christians have totally ran out of  ( BODY OF CHRIST FLAVORING )  wellllll over 100 years ago..

Thus , These wafers they have been handing  out now with a claim of ( BODY OF CHRIST )
Are not in fact ( BOC ) wafers . 
No. 
They are simply just ( Plain wafers.)  

So using this thing you guys said.  SCIENCE. we can find out just how many wafers a average 6ft male can flavor.

We cant expet them to be open and honest...

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Stephen,  [..............] 
at least give ethang5  credit for actually posting a thread of his own which is number 3 in the past 1 and 1/2 years,

I would rather go to China and lick door handles before I gave him any sort of credit, Brother.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@oromagi
which suggests that athiests are not "real" scientists. 
No sir. You missed the whole thing. It suggests "prayer experiments" are not real science.

ethang5 fails to provide a single example of the "prayer experiment" he is refuting.
I don't need to Einstein, I'm saying the scientific method cannot be used on an omniscient being. Think a little.

How do we know ethang5 is accurately representing the experiment without prior examples?
You don't. You're supposed to think instead of knee jerk. I'm not "representing" any experiment, I'm showing you why it cannot be done effectively.

Actually, we can be fairly confident that ethang5 is not running any experiment using the scientific method: 
BINGO!! "Prayer experiments" cannot be run via the scientific method genius.

he has offered no hypothesis,
...this experiment is trying to find out if the prayers of your children work....

no predictions,
What prediction can you give on the free will choices of an individual? D'uh.

his experiment is pure fiction,
True, but the principles are the same. "Testing" God is a ludicrous idea. 

he does not explain why only children are the only subject of his experiment
Because everyone is a child of god genius. You couldn't figure that out, really? And God only answers the prayers of His children.

or why using only children should not skew his results) 
Now you're finding out why "prayer experiments" are stupid science no real scientist would do. Who else are we going to ask if not children of God, donkeys?

Dude. I think you just pretty much made my case for me. Thanks.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Your running around the board stalking me, insisting that everything I do is bannable is hilarious. Just like the democrats jumping from Russia, to collusion, to impeachment, you jump around yelling cross contamination, to touching, to insults.

Do you have fantasies of being a mod? Lol, you can gave them up homer. Oh! And the first sentence? "Your" is correct.

Did your post mention the threads topic Dee Dee? D'oh!
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Also i was deeply shocked with the comment and it brought back old memories.
That must be why you started talking about genitalia correct dummies. Do not let bitterness from those memories consume you Deb. You were not at fault. You were a victim.

If he was any part responsible for disgusteds bann i will do it. Was he?
Disgusted was responsible for his ban, as is everyone who is banned. The mods are not algorithms one can manipulate.

If you don't want to be reminded of your trauma, don't talk about it.

At least you've learned not to start a thread every time some lame joke occurs to you. Don't like zero-replies do you?
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
As usual, you simply repeat the post of someone before you. I doubt you understand most threads you're in.

As such, the post of oromagi you paraphrased makes my post to him for you too.

PM him, he may explain it to you.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@ethang5
Correct.

It wasn't my fault.  
No it wasn't . 
But it wasn't me that ended up getting b - -  nt to nothing was it... 

And that zero post received day back in 19 twas a bad bad day.
I remember it like yesterday. 

My dog felt it more then me but.

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
I've crushed this Stupidity experiment hey?
Ive passed for sure.  Yeah nice.  

Your like a numbers guys right ?

Well Experimenting  with stupidity is my  (  THANG ) 

I squat down .
I place my head between my knees .
Then thang .  i simply just tilt forward, you know what i mean?  I fall foward. 
Well thats how i roll. 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
You seemed to have missed  this. Please try and keep up, it is one of your own  few threads  after all

Every time some atheist trots out the tired "prayer experiment",

Let's have an example of what it is that you are banging on about. So far, you haven't even given us an example of a "prayer experiment" other than the incomprehensible garbled gibberish that you have put forward.

Showing us an  example of what it  is that your gibberish is to be compared to would be a good start. As it stands, your gibberish doesn't come across as a scientific example at all, IN FACT!  YOU should provide links to at least a couple examples of the "prayer experiment" that you are calling out and refuting.