How Deluded Are Christians?

Author: Salixes

Read-only
Total: 47
Salixes
Debates: 0
Salixes
Psychiatrist: As I flip through these cards (with inkblots on them), I want you to tell me what each depicts.

Patient: Well, that's Jesus on the cross.....oh, and that one is Moses......and that's...yes, that's Noah building the Ark.....oh wow, that's Lot and he's............

Psychiatrist:.........OK, I've heard enough. It is apparent from this test that you are a compulsive religious nut and clearly deluded.

Patient: Who me???? You're the one showing me all those religious pictures.

ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Salixes
Author: Willows , 1 year ago

New name, same old lame crap.

BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@ethang5

ethang5,

AGAIN, Your post represents another of many where you do not address the main topic, but instead, you add nothing but irrelevancy as you RUN AWAY from it.  AGAIN, who appointed you to be the forums monitor in what is to be posted or not as the same and lame old crap?  Where do you get this authority?  It certainly wasn't from Jesus, because He adamantly says you are to defend the faith like I do (Titus 1:9), whereas you runaway from it ad infinitum.

If you can't engage with any topic on this forum, then why don't you remain silent, and the ones that can, let them discuss it without your embarrassment of clogging up the thread with your "Look at me being a monitor, because that is the only thing that I can do on this forum!"

Mharman
Debates: 18
Mharman
Interesting joke. However, I don’t see you explaining just how “deluded” Christians are. You seem to be saying that a Christian is deluded enough to see religious symbols in every little obscure picture. However, this is not really delusion. Certain images will remind people of other things. This happens all the time with the human brain. For example, Evan an atheist can see a cloud shaped like a piece of toast.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
STOP
Salixes
Salixes
-->
@Mharman
Interesting joke. However, I don’t see you explaining just how “deluded” Christians are.
No you didn't see me explain, at least, not on this thread, but allow me to explain now:

Delusion: holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.
(Oxford Dictionary)

The belief of God is an idiosyncratic belief that is contradicted by reality or rational argument>

Fact: Anyone who believes there is a God is deluded.
Salixes
Salixes
-->
@ethang5
Author: Willows , 1 year ago

New name, same old lame crap.

And same old lack of reply, especially to the damning video that was posted in that thread, namely:

Dare you even attempt to make a serious comment?
Dynasty
Debates: 11
Dynasty
-->
@Salixes
Provide evidence for anyone who believes there is a God are deluded. Also, I suggest you read this book. https://www.amazon.com.au/Why-God-Wont-Go-Away/dp/034544034X
Salixes
Salixes
-->
@Dynasty
Provide evidence for anyone who believes there is a God are deluded.
I just did in post #6 which is actually one post above the one that you just wrote. I realise it may be tough for you to scan your eyes up so far whilst wearing those blinkers with only pin prick holes in them, but just try.

I did. And it proves no more than confirming the Pareto principal that in any given community 80% are deluded....and yes, the book does say 75% of Americans are deluded (by implication) but, let's not nitpick, shall we?
Dynasty
Debates: 11
Dynasty
-->
@Salixes
I have read post #6. And, you made the claim that "The belief of God is an idiosyncratic belief that is contradicted by reality or rational argument".
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@BrotherDThomas
AGAIN, who appointed you to be the forums monitor in what is to be posted or not as the same and lame old crap?
The same person who appointed you to be the forums monitor in how many posts are made in a specific amount of time.

Lol! If cluelessness was in the Olympics, you'd be a gold medal winner Dee Dee!
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Salixes
And same old lack of reply,...
Lol! Yes, the thread had zero replies.

Dare you even attempt to make a serious comment?
On your click bait crap that dropped like a rock the first dozen times you spammed it? Your posts aren't serious Sal. Worse, you don't post for serious reasons.

But I did make a serious comment. That you didn't like it doesn't make it un-serious. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Salixes
Trouble is, definitions are often ambiguous.

Idiosyncratic:
More often applies to the individual rather than the collective.

Reality:
Is not just what we are actually able to know. 
Mental acuity allows us to realistically make indeterminate assumptions.

Rational argument:
Must also include the hypothetical (indeterminate assumptions). The ongoing theism/atheism argument and counter-arguments are undoubtedly hypothesis based.  

So a collective belief based upon an indeterminate assumption, that is to say a creation hypothesis, cannot  be regarded as delusional.

Belief:
Belief (the acceptance of a faith and assumed truth) by definition does not require substantiation.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
What are some real bad Christians traits from the freaky Christian ones?
Like maybe what Jewish women are not allowed to do 

And then , instead of saying . " Jewish women cant use computers " 
just say.
" Christian women are not allowed  to use computers. 

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Christian women are forced into arranged marriage.

Christian man can take multiple wives. 

Christians are the ones that ride pushbikes.  

Christians can not eat PORK. 

Christians sell watchtower magazine's. 

Christians belong to the church of the latter day. 

What are ya?  Christian.  

n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
most christians just have faith in a best guess scenario, they can be persuaded by facts and logic. that means they aren't delusional. also a delusion has to be against culturally accepted ideas, and theism is a majority opinion, so again it isn't a delusion. 
n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
-->
@Salixes
you lack critical thinking 
Salixes
Salixes
-->
@n8nrgmi
most christians just have faith in a best guess scenario, they can be persuaded by facts and logic. that means they aren't delusional. also a delusion has to be against culturally accepted ideas, and theism is a majority opinion, so again it isn't a delusion. 

you lack critical thinking 

The belief in God is no longer a best guess scenario as it was hundreds of years ago and evolution by natural selection is by far more than just a "best guess", it has mountains of viable evidence to support it.

I have always maintained that most religious people do not believe there is a God, they subscribe to a religion purely through habit or social and family reasons. For example, a recent census in Australia showed that less than 14% of Roman Catholics regularly attend Church, confirming what we already know anecdotally, that by far, the majority of those who call themselves religious give their belief no more than lip service.

So, when I say "deluded" I am really talking about less than 10% of Christians, for example, who in Australia at least, represent less than 6% of the population.

There is always the argument that most people have delusions to varying degrees. But here we are dealing with people who maintain their delusion throughout every waking hour, that is, thinking they have an "imaginary friend".

Those who believe there is a God are deluded.
Salixes
Salixes
-->
@zedvictor4
So a collective belief based upon an indeterminate assumption, that is to say a creation hypothesis, cannot  be regarded as delusional.

So, does that in any way, make the subject of the delusion actually exist?

Many people (a collective belief) believe in witches. But does that make witches exist?

Are believers in witches deluded? Yes, they are.

And regardless of the number of people who believe such they are holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument.

Any person who believes in the existence of God or any other supernatural phenomenon is deluded.

And in my opinion, they should be getting the appropriate professional help in dealing with their constant delusional thoughts.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Salixes
And in my opinion, they should be getting the appropriate professional help in dealing with their constant delusional thoughts.
But the only person behaving as if he has 
constant delusional thoughts is you.

Everyone knows you are compulsive, and that compulsiveness is driven by constant delusional thoughts. Dude, for more than 6 years you have been spamming the same dumb "Are Christians Deluded?" thread!

If that isn't proof you're plagued by  constant delusional thoughts, I don't know what is. Six years!
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Salixes
What actually is a witch?
A witch is a human being, so nothing actually delusional about calling oneself a witch or being called a witch.
Though If a witch claims to possess magical powers, then that might be regarded as delusional.

Is it delusional to believe in extra terrestrial lifeforms and should such people with such beliefs also seek appropriate professional help?
Because as things stand, it's as much of an assumption to believe in E.T's as it is to believe in Gods.

Salixes
Salixes
-->
@zedvictor4
Is it delusional to believe in extra terrestrial lifeforms and should such people with such beliefs also seek appropriate professional help?
Because as things stand, it's as much of an assumption to believe in E.T's as it is to believe in Gods.

In answer to your question; yes.

It is one thing to contemplate the possibility of life on other planets. It is another thing when someone walks into your office claiming that he had been abducted by aliens, irrespective of how many other people have said the same. He is deluded.

It is one thing to question the origin of the universe. It is another thing for someone to say that he has met the risen and living Lord Jesus Christ and walked with God for fifty years, irrespective of how many people agree with him. He is deluded.

Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Salixes
Interesting. You believe a deity is so impossible that anyone who disagrees you is deluded. You believe that you can never be wrong on religion, which comes from narcissism.
Salixes
Salixes
-->
@Mharman
You believe a deity is so impossible that anyone who disagrees you is deluded. You believe that you can never be wrong on religion, which comes from narcissism.

Wrong.
And your statement is offensive and a lie.

You can see on this page that I have made clearly defined statements that have been correctly backed up by evidence. Those statements have not been challenged by anyone and stand as fact and I did not make them up.

Fact: You are an offensive liar.
.....as I have just proven.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Mharman
Lol' Sal was not deliberately trying to prove you right. Lol.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Salixes
Offensive? Am I a bigot now for calling you out on your “I-can-never-be-wrong” attitude?

Your claim of Christians being deluded is not a fact. Your opinions are not objective. They are subjective. You are not in authority over reality itself. And how can I be lying, when I am merely stating my opinion? What makes my opinions delusion and makes yours objective fact?

I’d also like to see what you consider “evidence”. Misusing the dictionary isn’t it. “Delusional” is a word that refers to a mental disorder. Even if we were wrong about our faith, being wrong would not mean being delusional.
Salixes
Salixes
-->
@Mharman
I’d also like to see what you consider “evidence”. Misusing the dictionary isn’t it. “Delusional” is a word that refers to a mental disorder. Even if we were wrong about our faith, being wrong would not mean being delusional.
I have properly used the Oxford dictionary to quote the definition of delusion and properly qualified it. The definition and my qualifications have not been validly challenged. Simply by making the statement "misusing" (without explaining how) does constitute a valid challenge.
The definition is fully objective and factual.

Furthermore, the definition did not single out Christians (let alone qualifying all Christians) as being deluded and I quote..... "Anyone who believes there is a God is deluded."

Richard Dawkins is a respected international authority on the subject of believing in God and delusion and has in fact written a detailed book on the subject; "The God Delusion" which further reinforces the fact that I outlined.

Your attack is incorrect, unwarranted and unfounded.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Salixes
But yet you dodged every question in his post.
Salixes
Salixes
-->
@ethang5
But yet you dodged every question in his post.
Quite an interestingly challenging statement you have made there.

Perhaps you would like to elaborate to the readers what profound, meaningful, positive and fruitful dialogue may possibly ensue from taking on board such a statement.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Salixes
Nah. Just wanted to point that out. The Gentle Readers know you're empty.

They are the ones who make your zero-reply threads possible no?