Goodbye

Author: Mopac

Total: 13
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
My time here has reached its end. I now must retreat back in to the desert where I am to work out my own salvation with fear and trembling.

What have I been consistent with since the beginning? That The Truth is God, The Supreme and Ultimate Reality.

That The Orthodox Catholic Church preserves this understanding, and right teaching concerning the good news of God, salvation, and the kingdom of God.
That is the witness I leave. Jesus Christ is the answer. Abide in Him, that is The Eternal Way of Truth. To find Christ is to find True Love.

The path is straight and narrow. Wide is the path that leads to destruction. Only The Truth sets free. To live in defiance of The Truth is to be a slave to delusion. There is freedom in Christ. Real freedom.

You can be absolutely free, only if you want to be.

The last true rebellion against this world of lies and deceit is death to the world.

“The world is the general name for all the passions. When we wish to call the passions by a common name, we call them the world. But when we wish to distinguish them by their special names, we call them the passions. The passions are the following: love of riches, desire for possessions, bodily pleasure from which comes sexual passion, love of honour which gives rise to envy, lust for power, arrogance and pride of position, the craving to adorn oneself with luxurious clothes and vain ornaments, the itch for human glory which is a source of rancour and resentment, and physical fear. Where these passions cease to be active, there the world is dead; for though living in the flesh, they did not live for the flesh. See for which of these passions you are alive. Then you will know how far you are alive to the world, and how far you are dead to it”

‑ St. Isaac the Syrian

ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
God speed Mo.
Salixes
Debates: 0
Salixes
-->
@Mopac
My time here has reached its end.
That's very touching and I'm sure that where you are going it will be even more touching for you to reach many more ends.

Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
Imagine me saying "I have a car that I really want to teach everyone about."

Someone might ask "What color is it? What is the year, make, and model? Is this the first car you ever owned?" and I simply reply to these questions by telling them "My car is a car".

They might ask "What kind of gas mileage does your car get, is it a two door or four door? How many miles does it have on it?" and I simply reply to these questions by telling them "My car is a car".

They might ask "Did you buy it new or used? How much did you pay for it? What was the name of the dealership?" and I simply reply to these questions by telling them "My car is a car".

Thus would I answer their questions. For my car is, in fact, a car. I wanted to teach everyone everything I could about my car and now I have done exactly that.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Thus would I answer their questions
Your parable is both untrue and unfair.

I would say you misunderstood his claim, but I know you're not dumb.

So that leaves sarcasm, humor, or dishonesty. I haven't a clue which of those 3 it is.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Thus would I answer their questions
Your parable is both untrue and unfair.

I would say you misunderstood his claim, but I know you're not dumb.

So that leaves sarcasm, humor, or dishonesty. I haven't a clue which of those 3 it is.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@ethang5
What parable?
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
-->
@Mopac
Only The Truth sets free. To live in defiance of The Truth is to be a slave to delusion.
Lucifer would agree with you (no joke).

Anyway, let's agree that we like each other and I gave your goodbye post a thumbs up. :)

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
"I have a car that I really want to teach everyone about."
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Mopac
"May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ." - Thessalonians 5:23
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
So long Mopac, a fellow Orthodoxian. May god guide you on your struggle through lent and be granted freedom in the eyes of the lord
skittlez09
skittlez09
-->
@Mopac
Goodluck bro you'll be missed 

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@ethang5
What do you mean by calling that post a parable? What do you think it is a parable of?