duolingo being leftist

Author: WaterPhoenix

Total: 39
Trent0405
Debates: 33
Trent0405
-->
@Crocodile
Okay, this isn't really a problem either though. I understand that gay people are a minority, and this is representing them disproportionately, but if every character was dark skinned or red haired the same would be true, and obviously there is no problem with either of these.
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
Has it occurred to you nerds that some other languages might have certain specific ways of speaking about such scenarios and placing such characters into the dialogue may be a method of teaching this?
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
I mean seriously what even is the implication this OP is trying to make? Gay people want others to be gay for some reason and talking about gays in conversations will somehow accomplish this? I am so confused.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Has it occurred to you nerds that some other languages might have certain specific ways of speaking about such scenarios and placing such characters into the dialogue may be a method of teaching this?
I get that it may be coherent in French of so, but put it directly in English I don't get it. It is just the less extreme version of this conversation.

A: Where are you going?
B: Dollars
A: What?
B: what what
A: What are you doing?
B: bread
"Where is my husband" "My wife" how does this make sense at all?
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
Unless the "Mari" meant that her husband is literally inside her wife, then I don't see how this makes sense.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
Also I see nothing making this a "leftist" conversation. Ever heard of pink capitalism? Homonationalism? Gay, but rightist.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Intelligence_06
Mari was correcting the taxi driver, telling them that she does not have a husband. Instead she has a wife.

From a more meta perspective the reason this conversation is formed like this could be to easily fit the words "husband" and "wife" into the same conversation, a point I alluded to in the post of mine that you quoted.

As for why this would be leftist that is simply a result of the fact that WP is so far to the right that any reference to the fact that gays exist whatsoever is automatically to his left by default.
WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
looking back this post seems kinda stupid, but i still stand by my point of how politics and education shouldn't be so closely intertwined with each other. i understand how this wasn't that good of an example of it though, in fact, it seems very petty and stupid now.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@WaterPhoenix
this wasn't that good of an example of it though, in fact, it seems very petty and stupid now.
In all fairness to you it only seems that way because it is that way.