Implications of the primary for the Congress.

Author: Greyparrot

Total: 12
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
The DNC is caught in a bad spot. If Bernie wins the primary, they will most certainly lose the election, especially if the economy is strong.

BUT if Biden, who is seen by most as more likely to beat Trump wins the primary, a much worse scenario happens.

Embittered Bernie bros rebuffed for the 2nd election in a row by the media and DNC elites will most likely depress voter turnout by staying home, and that's no surprise considering Sanders is widely regarded as having more energetic supporters than Biden.

Will it affect the result of the presidential election? Who knows, but one thing IS for certain. Congressional seats are up for grabs in many Trump districts. If the vote for congressional seats is hampered by low voter turnout should Bernie get the boot, it will certainly hand that prize over to the GOP.

TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Greyparrot
Biden will pick Hillary, he will then commit suicide by some means equivalent to shooting himself in the back of the head 3 times and she'll be president.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Greyparrot
another thing is redistricting, AOC will lose your seat because NY will lose 2 congressional districts after the 2020 census

2020 is for gerrymandering

fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@Greyparrot
I am much more intrigued by the choice of VP by either Democrat contender for the nomination. Both Bernie and Biden have issues: both are old, white men, conditions which, I'd wager, the Party absolutely wanted to prevent. Bernie is lacking a healthy heart; Biden, a mind of any description. Both suggest the possibility of serving a full term. The VP choice for both becomes critical for obvious reasons. My contention is that neither will successfully overcome Trump's wide popularity for a variety of reasons: the economy, trade deals and their effect on reversing the negative export trade ratio, and boosting the GDP, foreign policy, jobs and unemployment across all demographics, and continued, increasing energy independence.

<br>

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@fauxlaw
95% chance VP will have ovaries.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Greyparrot
I concur, though there are the attributes of much greater concern. Neither Hillaryous Balloon Girl or Pocawannapotus qualify.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@fauxlaw
ovaries = qualification.

fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Greyparrot
Nope. Ovaries ≠ qualification. Gender is not a constitutional presidential qualifier [Article II, section 1, clause 5]. Citizenship is, along with two other quals. But, you do not get to play the game, or the reversal of the game, the Supreme Court played from 1791 to 1922; 2 years following the ratification of the 19A.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Greyparrot
My previous post, #6, was entirely tongue in cheek. Of course, by constitutional standards, they qualify. However, their understanding of the Constitution, other than that point, is so far out of left field, they are no longer in the field. They are not outstanding, nor out standing in any field.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@fauxlaw
>:)
Imabench
Debates: 6
Imabench
Embittered Bernie bros rebuffed for the 2nd election in a row by the media and DNC elites will most likely depress voter turnout by staying home, and that's no surprise considering Sanders is widely regarded as having more energetic supporters than Biden.

Id like to challenge that assumption actually..... Bernie may have the most loyal and outspoken supporters, but they are hardly the most energetic. Weve seen this just from how much his supporters DONT actually end up voting in the polls when the time comes. 

Look at the some of the states Bernie lost in 2016 and now again in 2020...... He lost Iowa both times, Virginia both times, North Carolina both times, Texas both times, Massachusetts both times, Florida both times..... Four of those are pretty important swing states that a candidate simply cannot afford to lose in order to become President, and Bernie repeatedly has shown that he doesnt do well in those states. 

If Bernie doesnt win the nomination, I dont see Trump getting the win just because Bernie supporters stayed home. For the most part they already have stayed home to begin with, and in the actually important swing states that really decide the election, a majority of Dems prefer anyone other than Sanders to be the Dem nominee.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Imabench
Honestly, I really don't know who to root for.