Everything decays

Author: Vaarka

Total: 18
Vaarka
Debates: 0
Vaarka
I think a lot of people who hear me say this think I'm being negative, pessimistic, etc. Sure, it sounds like it, but I often mean it in a more positive manner when I say it in this way:

Everything decays. That sounds edgy, but it's true. Everything in nature will eventually decay, and it's comforting to know that because of all the trash we've thrown out into the environment, or the harm we've caused. Everything we've done will eventually disappear and become part of the earth. 

just a thought
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
-->
@Vaarka
the idea that everything decays and that we are 'playing god' if we cure ageing and other shit is nothing but a way to keep the cowards from trying.

not everything decays but admittedly a huge majority do.
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Vaarka
Protons { fermionic hadrons/heavy matter } have not been shown to decay of their own accord.

Entropy does not decay photon { occupied space } into non-occupied space existence

At worst, entropy leads our finite, occupied space existence to a singlel very large, longest wave{ longest frequency } ergo lowest energy photon.

This would appear as a very flat photon.  See this link to a 3D cubo-octahedron via spinning, torquing, contraction transformation  to a 2D, ergo flatten set of seemingly four triangles. http://www.rwgrayprojects.com/synergetics/s04/figs/f6108.html

And the above first goes through this phase http://www.rwgrayprojects.com/synergetics/s04/figs/f6008.html

Our finite, occupied space Universe can never ever become non-occupied space.

Physical/energy cannot be created nor lost. Naught is lost or created all is eternal transformation.

The jitterbugging 4-fold cubo{6}-octa{8}hedron ---aka operating system of Universe--  contains/embraces and transforms into the three ---and only three--- primary, fundamental, triangulated, regular/symmetrical and convex polyhedra Universe.

3-fold tetra{4}hedron > 4 sets of diametrically opposing triangles and vertexes/vertexia

4-fold octa{8}hedron > 4 sets of diametrically opposing triangles
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5-fold icosa{20}hedron > 4 sets of diametrically opposing triangles

The cubo-octahedron also transforms into Euclidean topology of two sine-waves, at 90 degrees to each other, just as we find with a photon { EMRadiation }.

The cubo-octahedron also transforms from positive { convex } Euclidean curvature, into negative { concave } Euclidean curvature aka saddle-shape.

The cubo-octahedron also transforms into clam-shell shape having topoolgy of 4 negative and 4 anti-negative, Euclidean curvatures.

The cubo-octahedron also transforms into a tube pattern via two quasi-octahedra.

The cubo-octahedron also transforms into a seemingly 2D hexagon that has a 7th triangular tail wing set, as if to say, I refuse to collapse into inflexible 2D space only. Its profile from side view, kinda of looks like this ____/\

Remember that, there are other transformations that lead to 2D of triangles only, however,  the hexagon specifically, in 2D, has most bonded/valenced set of edges/chords/vectors  ergo the most closet-packed space in 2D.

34 days later

Castin
Castin
-->
@Vaarka
Why do you think an observation of reality is interpreted as an attack on hope? Is reality incompatible with hope?
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Castin
Reality - God = Hoplessness

mustardness
mustardness
-->
@ethang5

____/\ the cubo-octahedron's { aka vector equlibrium } perpendicularly erect triangle /\   --composed of 6 chords ergo a tetrahedron--   is space-times expression of hope, in so far as, it shows the ability of freedom beyond only 2D existence nor matter the circumstances.

We cannot be flattened into non-existence.  There never exists lest than 12 degrees of freedom as the 12 surface degrees of the tetra{4}hedron.

The cubo-octahedron also transforms into a seemingly 2D hexagon that has a 7th triangular tail wing set, as if to say, I refuse to collapse into inflexible 2D space only. Its profile from side view, kinda of looks like this ____/\

Castin
Castin
-->
@ethang5
A concise and accurate equation for a ubiquitous human cognitive phenomenon.
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Castin
Are you really saying that "Reality minus god equals hopelessness" is "A concise and accurate equation for a ubiquitous human cognitive phenomenon."?

Reality is 'minus god', but I don't see things as being 'hopeless' on that account.   Things are as hopeless or hopeful as we make them.

ethang5
ethang5
Your posts make you seem hopeless.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
We can not turn back from the shit we caused, but we can slow down the track so we are not the ones who fuck this up in the future
Castin
Castin
-->
@keithprosser
Are you really saying that "Reality minus god equals hopelessness" is "A concise and accurate equation for a ubiquitous human cognitive phenomenon."?

Reality is 'minus god', but I don't see things as being 'hopeless' on that account.   Things are as hopeless or hopeful as we make them.
Yes. What is your issue exactly.
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Castin

Yes. What is your issue exactly.

The first one is that 'reality minus god' is just 'reality' so the equation becomes 'reality equals hopelessness', which is a little pessimistic for my taste!
Castin
Castin
-->
@keithprosser
The first one is that 'reality minus god' is just 'reality' so the equation becomes 'reality equals hopelessness', which is a little pessimistic for my taste!
Lol no. My post was referring to human perception of reality, not reality itself. Hence the "cognitive".

A simplification would be "this equation describes what a lot of humans think".

Castin
Castin
-->
@ethang5
Your posts make you seem hopeless.
Not sure who this was addressed to.

ethang5
ethang5
It was @keithprosser

You said, "this equation describes what a lot of humans think". Keith thinks otherwise, but behaves as if his personal thought on the matter is already true and established sans argument.

It is an anti-intellectual stance. A position that subjugates logic to dogma. One that prioritizes anti-theism over common sense.

Castin
Castin
-->
@ethang5
Ah. Does he think otherwise? I don't see how it can be denied that this is what a lot of humans think. Existential despair is one of the major reasons humanity has been reaching out for gods since the development of our prefrontal cortex.

And I would hesitate to say "reality is minus god" because that brushes close to an assertion of knowledge, which I of course avoid like a burning bag of dog poop.
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Castin
And I would hesitate to say "reality is minus god" because that brushes close to an assertion of knowledge, which I of course avoid like a burning bag of dog poop.
Well, I do know god doesn't exist!   What would you say about

reality - santa claus = hopelessness?

Surely you don't avoid asserting santa claus doesn't exist?

mustardness
mustardness
Knowledge may lead to hope or hoplesness.  It is the 2nd grade fortunately this unfortunatelty that, then fortunately then unfortunately that scenario of events

Evidence of this is tho people whose children go missing and a body is never found. Some of those people feel they never find closure. Closure gives them hope that, we live in an orderly Universe and not a chaotic Universe.

order = hope = 3D wholsitc enclosure = mininmally the tetra{4}hedron \Y/

chaos = lack of hope 1D line __________ with no variation ergo no frequency ergo no life aka flat-lining.

life = /\/\/\/*\/*\/\/\/\/\/*\/*\/\/\/\/\/\*/\*/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ ----vertical is to live

death = ______________________ ---as horizontal is to die
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the cubo-octahedron's { aka vector equlibrium [/\]  } perpendicularly erect triangle____/\   --composed of 6 chords ergo a 3D tetrahedron--   is space-times expression of hope, in so far as, it shows the ability of freedom beyond only 2D existence nor matter the circumstances.

We cannot be flattened into non-existence.  There never exists lest than 12 degrees of freedom as the 12 surface degrees of the tetra{4}hedron.