Because Of Evil We Have Religion

Author: Willows

Read-only
Total: 5
Willows
Debates: 0
Willows

We can only imagine how barbaric and crude life was thousands of years ago. Such was the (lack of) education and knowledge of the masses in those days, Ordinary folk lived in constant fear of the unknown and were profoundly superstitious.
The more informed ruling classes took advantage of such weakness and invented religion.

Instead of the traditional folklore that animals were Gods, the early architects of religion invented a more clearly defined lord and master who was invisible and totally incomunicado. Of course, such a master was so powerful beyond belief he (it) was everywhere. So nobody could escape his constant vigil. To put the icing on the cake, ordinary folk were convinced to believe that this invisible master somehow "made" all that lives.

Naturally, Our ruling class charlatans drafted up rules and codes to impose on the hapless lower-ranked wretches who were led to believe that such draconian dictums were related to a handful of spiritually gifted mediums by the invisible master. Quite coincidentally, Of course, These rules happened to favor the prosperity of the ruling class and oppress the masses. "it is virtuous to be humble and poor and you will go to Heaven". 

"Power tends to corrupt" yet what we see here is nothing short of pure evil; those who lust for power and self-fulfillment using those who are gullible and naive to achieve their demonic goals.

Nowadays we are well-educated, free and have unlimited access to quality information. To believe in God or any other supernatural phenomena defies reason and reality.

Yet we still have evil in those who take advantage of the weak and vulnerable and religion would probably be the biggest and most widespread form of evil.

But, Would we still have charlatans and parasites if it were not for the masses of those who are naive, gullible, weak and vulnerable?
Without one, You would not have the other.
Perhaps it should be more apt to say that "because of evil and stupidity we still have religion".

fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@Willows
Usually, when a system is created, it is done such that all operates as designed, but it degrades over time by corruption [natural, by intent, or by fooling with it when it needed no such unintended consequence]. Systems fail. We see it happening daily. A badly designed system will begin to fail out of the chute. Is bad design the equivalent of evil? Or is good design the equivalent of religion? Neither is correct. There are bad designers with good intent, and there are good designers who make mistakes. And there are middle-of-the-road designers who who make fair-to middle results. The variables are too great to be able to compartmentalize any system.
But you changed your paradigm at the beginning to describe a paradigm more like the one I've described by adding "stupidly." Stupid is not necessarily evil, and most stupid people are not evil.  And none of your paradigm is absolutely correct. Good and evil have always existed. One did not begin before the other, and it is necessary because there must be opposition in all things, and in all times and places.
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Willows
..."because of evil and stupidity we still have religion".
And trolls who spam themselves. Let's not forget those.

Salixes
Debates: 0
Salixes
-->
@ethang5
True, but let's just turn the focus away from you for a while and look at the issue here.

I reckon there's something to the concept of dividing religion into two distinct areas, the ones who control and the ones who are controlled.

Certainly does raise some pertinent questions. What do you reckon?
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Willows
@Salixes
..."because of evil and stupidity we still have religion".

True,...
Now that we're on the subject, how are you able to have two active accounts and spam yourself?

...but let's just turn the focus away from you for a while and look at the issue here.
That would be a first for you. But isn't the issue here things we still have because of evil and stupidity?

Are not trolls who spam themselves evil and stupid? Oh wait! You don't want to talk about your weird conversations with yourself between your two accounts!

I reckon there's something to the concept of dividing religion into two distinct areas, the ones who control and the ones who are controlled.
Certainly does raise some pertinent questions. What do you reckon?
So who's the controlled and who's the controller among Salixes and Willows?

But, my bad Sal. Am I butting in between you and Willows? Errr.....you and Salixes? The topic is evil and stupidity, you carry on, I'll see myself out.