I will like to congratulate ethang5 on both his return to DA and way he calls others out.

Author: RationalMadman

Read-only
Total: 28
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
Back when everyone was bandwagon lynching him off of this site, I said explicitly (I can't be bothered to find proof, dig to the time and you'll see) that while he has been toxic, he does it to the right people for the right reasons at all times.

From Analgesic.Spectre AKA zarroette, to disgusted, to Willows, to Wylted all the way through to Bench. I have found that I have very common enemies with this guy because he picks on toxic trolls and exposes them, stating matter of fact what they are.

I made this thread to honestly congratulate him and say I am happy he returned when Virtuoso was made head mod and that he is a good non-mod troll-handler for the Religion subforum.

I don't care if I get told off for congratulating him.
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@RationalMadman
Being a recent member of this enclave [abut a week], I have no knowledge of the history you describe, but, I have already had engagement with ethang5, both in agreement and disagreement. I've found his style inventive, probing, and direct. I have never been the target of his ire, and I suppose that is because I have not given cause, so it appears he is consistent with with how he is treated. Although I do not ascribe to that tactic, I cannot criticize hitting back when hit. So, this isn't a hit job on you, either. Congrats to both of you.

Seth
Debates: 0
Seth
-->
@RationalMadman
I haven't been here long but he's a narcissistic troll who can't post without personally attacking other posters.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Seth
I have a strong feeling you are disgusted
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@RationalMadman
Thank you sir. Very few understand what either of us do, but that is the price of greatness.

Be well.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Vader
I've been getting the same vibe!

I mean, what sort of noob comes on to the board already obsessed with me?
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@fauxlaw
He something of a cherry picker though.

Give him ten points to consider and he will probably only respond to the one or two that he can twist in his favour.

Nonetheless, it's entertaining debating with Mr Ethan.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
Give him ten points to consider and he will probably only respond to the one or two that he can twist in his favour.
Yet I have people who say my style of addressing every point is exasperating. But if I miss one of your arguments, just point it out to me and I will eviscerate it promptly.

But as always, if you dodge my questions, I will similarly dismiss yours.

Nonetheless, it's entertaining debating with Mr Ethan.
Thanks. Debate with you is fun too, but only when you're not doing the Zed the Nihilist bit. That's lame.
Vader
Vader
-->
@ethang5
Done the same with me, pretty sure he is disgusted
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@zedvictor4
Re: Debate, I've not had the pleasure yet with either of you. looking forward to it.
Barney
Debates: 49
Barney
-->
@ethang5
I've been getting the same vibe!

I mean, what sort of noob comes on to the board already obsessed with me?
Maybe he's really a noob and you've just got that magnetic a personality? And maybe just maybe, that awful Ragnar didn't just ban him again...
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
nice to see some site bonding
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
-->
@fauxlaw
Both of them are forum-only debaters. They mean in forum conflict.
Vader
Vader
-->
@ethang5
Guess the hunch was correct
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Barney
Maybe he's really a noob and you've just got that magnetic a personality? 
It's tough being beautiful.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Vader
Your trolldar is awesome!

17 days later

philochristos
philochristos
I haven't observed ethang5 enough to verify what you are saying. Nevertheless, I think ethang5 is most likely an extraordinary human being. After all, he gave me a compliment one time. His greatness is obvious.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@philochristos
It was well deserved. You were humorous and constructive when you used to post more. I hope this means your participation is about to increase.

How is Aristotle?
philochristos
philochristos
-->
@ethang5
Wow! You even remember my cat. That is true greatness. Aristotle is doing well. Thank you for asking.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@philochristos
You were that rare breed on internet forums, intelligent, humorous, and emotionally stable, all make you easy to remember.

Now my greatness is even more obvious!
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
I've been a fan of Ethang since the old days, although the battle between him and the psycho was exhausting I've grown to love his troll azz kicking style. It allows the rest of us average folk to kick back and relax. He's the forums garbage man lol. 

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@EtrnlVw
It's a lowly job Etrnl, but someone has to do it.

I noticed you got some of our more colorless trolls in the .jpg too, (the gray goo in the green trash bin)

Hope the fame doesn't go to their heads.
Vader
Vader
I like ethang5. Very active community member and I enjoy what he has to say
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Vader
Thanks Supa. Ditto to you.

(If anyone is wondering, I am aware that there are plenty of Ethan haters out there.)
ethang5
ethang5
Hi everyone.

Now that 

Ramshitu
Harikrish
Wylted
Disgusted
Brother D. Thomas, and
Willows

Have been dusted off, the board has little use for a trashman anymore. (Though they still need to figure out how to stop Willows from embarrassing them. But it seems they think its easier to pretend his sock isn't him, than face the embarrassment that they don't know how to keep him off)

So Ethan is going to gunsling in the more western regions. I thoroughly enjoyed my time here.

If any of you see me somewhere else on the net, say hi. 
Barney
Debates: 49
Barney
For the sake of clarity, Ethang's goodbye post containing direct insults toward someone to whom he was in a restraining order with, has resulted in the length of that being converted into extra length added to his ban.

I am in part posting this to clarity that said person has a right to defend themselves from these continued public allegations, if they so choose.
-Ragnar, DM
ATroubledMan
ATroubledMan
Hello Ethang5

I'm very sorry that it had to come to this but when you attack people on an open forum, the consequences must be faced. That's how internet forums work, they are communities of people who gather to exchange ideas, debate and discuss, all in a civil, adult manner.

You dubbed yourself a trashman, gunslinger or as was put in the OP, troll handler, but these self-proclaimed positions don't exist here or any other forum. That's not how it works. We are all members here with equal standing and we all follow the rules laid out by those who run the forum. They in turn appoint moderators to help the community thrive and to make sure the exchanges are civil and adult.

Theirs is not an easy job, not only is it thankless, but it can be difficult to have to warn, let alone ban someone and then be able to come back into the forum to join the discussions. The last thing they want to do is warn and ban folks, so it's entirely up to each individual to help them make it work so their jobs are easy and they can sit back and enjoy the forums every bit as much as we do. For you to say they are embarrassed because they can't keep someone off the forums is insulting their integrity and the job they have chosen to do here.

The someone you refer to is me, which of course is false. If I was your stalker, they would have banned me by now, just like they banned the guy in question multiple times, and they will continue to ban him if he appears again. That is what they do and they are doing it well. If you or anyone else believes there are trolls about, or sock puppets or anyone who is being disruptive, we send the mods a note to let them know so they can deal with it while we go about our business of enjoying the forums. That's how it works.

I have been a moderator myself and understand the job, what it entails and what my expectations of a moderator are from those who look to me for that guidance. In fact, if you ever get the opportunity, I encourage to take that job on somewhere, try it out yourself and see just how difficult it is to be one. You'll quickly gain a whole new appreciation for those who have to do it and a whole new outlook on the forums you contribute. You'll see just what it's like being on the receiving end of someone who thinks the rules don't apply to them.

While you're away, I hope, as I'm sure many do here, that you can reflect on all of this and return when your ban is complete. I know you can be a valued member who can contribute a great deal, if you so desire. I would happy to have many discussions with you and hopefully learn something. We can even have formal debates with civility and decorum, argue about anything we want and still have a good time doing it. I extend that hand of friendship towards you.

However, if all you want to do is call me Homer or Clyde, say that my posts are stupid without any explanation, call people idiots and liars simply because they would disagree with your opinions, then obviously this place isn't for you. You'll quickly find that any other forum you sign up will also not put up with self-proclaimed, trashmen, gunslingers or troll handlers. In fact, many of them will warn you once and then ban you permanently because they too want to establish civil, adult forums.

So, stay safe, don't get the virus and hope to see you soon. 

ATM.

David
Debates: 91
David
Since this has turned into a personal attack thread, I have decided to lock this thread.