Stupid things theists say.

Author: Seth

Total: 13
Seth
Debates: 0
Seth
All the thousands of other gods are made up by men but mine is real.
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@Seth
Religion doesn't really make sense to me.

-The bible contradicts it's self.
-There are so many other religions, it's almost impossible to figure out which is the right one.
-Christians don't really act like their christ, so if they are preying to do God's will, assuming God exists, then God is a terrorist.  The West isn't truly christian in government.  The West is secular.  Sub saharan Africa is Christian.
-Agnostics and atheists get prosecuted worse in religious countries than devout Christians do in secular countries.

ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
Sorry. I thought this thread was about theists saying stupid things.

But neither of you are theists.

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Alec
REgardless of theism or atheism, you sure seem to have packed enough stupid into that post. 

ITSELF is one word. 

so if they are preying to do God's will
PRAYING is appealing to a deity. PREYING is what a cheetah does to a gazelle. 

Agnostics and atheists get prosecuted worse in religious countries than devout Christians do in secular countries.
PROSECUTED is normally a legal term, do you mean atheists and agnostics commit more crime and therefore are defendants in court cases more? Or do you mean PERSECUTED? 

I love when people get on others about how stupid they are in posts rife with spelling errors and misused language. It happens every single time. 
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@ludofl3x
Regardless of theism or atheism, you sure seem to have packed enough stupid into that post. 

ITSELF is one word. 

so if they are preying to do God's will
PRAYING is appealing to a deity. PREYING is what a cheetah does to a gazelle. 

Agnostics and atheists get prosecuted worse in religious countries than devout Christians do in secular countries.
PROSECUTED is normally a legal term, do you mean atheists and agnostics commit more crime and therefore are defendants in court cases more? Or do you mean PERSECUTED? 

I love when people get on others about how stupid they are in posts rife with spelling errors and misused language. It happens every single time. 

+1
Alec
Alec
-->
@ethang5
@ludofl3x
Lets not roast each other on grammar before points, k?

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Alec
I said nothing about your grammar. But maybe the reason religion makes no sense to you may be because of you and not religion.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi

"And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to themlikewise.
For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? forsinners also love those that love them.
And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thankhave ye? for sinners also do even the same.
And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thankhave ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as muchagain.
But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping fornothing again; and your reward shall be great,"

Gospel of Luke 7:32-35
Alec
Alec
-->
@ethang5
What evidence is there for the existence of the Christian God?
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Alec
There is no such thing as "the Christian God." God Himself has no religion.

But sorry, I will not go into it with you because I have too much experience. I know now that your question is like when a racist asks for evidence that blacks are as smart as whites.

They aren't asking for evidence but an excuse to tell you why they disagree. I don't care whether you believe in God or not. I just oppose stupid things.

Someone else may be interested in converting you.

Alec
Alec
-->
@ethang5
There is no such thing as "the Christian God." God Himself has no religion.

I meant the God of the Christian faith.
ethang5
ethang5
Specification is not needed for singular things.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Alec
I think what you meant was "what evidence is there for any god(s)" and the answer is only anecdotal evidence so far as I can determine.