Is Jesus just the sun?

Author: Dr.Franklin

Total: 31
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
 whether Jesus is just a human equivalent of the Sun? I am very conflicted as the evidence is pretty staggering

But is it a bad thing, If the Devil represents darkness than Jesus is the light(sun)
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Some argue that Edison was his light bulb. I suppose the link is valid as descriptive of the effort, but I would not say that Edison is just the light bulb. I question the limitation of 'just.' Same for Jesus Christ and the sun.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@fauxlaw
Yeah maybe

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@fauxlaw
On the best evidence is that

the sun dies on December 22nd, it is the day with the least amount of sunlight, then it stays like that position for 3 days and then on December 25th, the days start getting warmer, thus resurrected in a sense. As well as the fact that on December 22nd, the sun is in between a constellation of the cross

So Jesus died on the cross, dead for 3 days and then ressurected

Just like the Sun December 22-25
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Yeah, except the crucifixion and resurrection occurred in the late week of Passover in late March to April.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@fauxlaw
The Sun is born, or re-born, on December 25th.
Jesus is born on December 25th.
On the Winter Solstice the sun enters Capricorn. The Sun then passes through Capricorn, traveling 30 degrees in 30 days, to reach Aquarius at "age 30". Entering Aquarius is the first big event of the journey.
Jesus started his mission at "age 30" by visiting John the Baptist.
The Sun's annual journey around the Zodiac takes one year.
Jesus' mission lasted one year (according to the Synoptic Gospels).
The Sun visits Aquarius who immerses the land with water.
Jesus visits John the Baptist who baptizes with water.
The Sun is temptated to give in to the forces of darkness.
Jesus is tempted by the Devil, the "angel of darkness."
The Sun resists that temptation and continues on its journey.
Jesus resists the Devil and continues on his journey.
The Sun leaves Aquarius. Aquarius is figuratively put in prison.
Jesus leaves John the Baptist, who is "put in prison."
The Sun goes on it's way, leaving Aquarius behind.
Jesus leaves John the Baptist behind, apparently unconcerned about his fate.
The Sun then visits Pisces, the two fish. Theme of fishing.
Jesus then visits Simon and Peter, two fishermen.
The Sun visits Aries, a ram, sheep, or lamb, on the Vernal Equinox, when darkness and cold, the figurative sins of the earth, are overpowered by light and warmth.
Jesus is the "lamb of God" who takes away the sins (cold and darkness) of the earth.
The Vernal Equinox is a time to celebrate the victorious resurrection of the Sun. It is a Spring time celebration of the rebirth of the Sun and the Sun overpowering the cold and darkness of Winter.
Easter, when we celebrate Jesus as risen from the grave, is celebrated on the first Sunday after the first full moon after the Vernal Equinox. It is a Spring time celebration of the victorious resurrection of Jesus.
Due to the earth's precession the Vernal Equinox gradually moved from Aries the ram to Pisces the fish.
A fish became the symbol of Christianity.
The Sun in Spring brings an end to stormy weather.
Jesus calms the storm.
The head of Aquarius rises from below the eastern horizon (rises from the dead).
John the Baptist "rises from the dead."
The head of Aquarius appears beheaded by the horizon.
John the Baptist is beheaded.
The head of Aquarius continues to rise above the horizon intact.
John the Baptist somehow survives this beheading and "rises from the dead" intact.
The Sun then crosses the Milky Way, that starry band that lies like a lake across the night sky. The Sun figuratively walks on water.
Jesus then "walks on water."
The Sun reaches the Summer Solstice, the day it reaches its highest point and shines brightest and longest.
Jesus goes up a high mountain, the highest point in his journey, and shines brighter than ever. "His face shown like the Sun."
The Sun figuratively rides an ass and foal (Babylonian Zodiac sign for the house of Cancer) into Summer.
Jesus rides an ass and foal for his triumphal entry into Jerusalem.

Pretty strong evidence
EtrnlVw
Debates: 0
EtrnlVw
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Scripture and spirituality are very dynamic, meaning things can have more than one meaning or several meanings. Jesus could potentially represent many things all the while being an actual entity. Same with passages, prophecies, persons, symbolism, metaphors, analogies ect ect...

the evidence is pretty staggering

Even more impressive being both literal and figurative...

fauxlaw
fauxlaw
1. The sun is reborn on 12/25? No. Winter Solstice is on 12/21±1 day, and, at that, only in the Northern Hemisphere. In the Southern Hemisphere it's on June 21±1 day. Not to mention that that Earth's hemispheres do not have cause of anything relative to the sun unless we are, after all, a geocentric universe. We're not. And Jesus is actually figured to have been born in spring, late March to early April, around the Spring Equinix, and coincidentally, around Passover. Dec. 25th was a pagan holiday Christianity usurped.

2. Your sun's passage through the Zodiac constellations is, again, a phenomenon of a geocentric perspective, when, in actual fact, many of the visible stars in our earth's night sky [and daylight, too, if we could see them] are outside our galaxy since we are on the Milky Way's edge, and they are, individually variable light years away from one another. Their recognizable patterns exist only as such from a geocentric view. Therefore, from a cosmic perspective, there is not pattern to them at all but by our jaded view. 

3. The sun's journey has naught to do with the earth-perspective zodiac. It orbits the center of the Milky Way, not in one earth year, but in 225 to 240M earth years, meaning that in the entire history of man on earth, the sun has yet to complete a single orbit.

4. The sun is about 20 light years from Aquarius 𝛂, Sadalsuud.

Need I continue? You astrological "pretty strong evidence" is nonsensical in all 19 cases. What's significant about 19? We don't have a clue where Jesus was or what he was doing at that age. Maybe he was having seances with Fatima-May, the card-shark lay. Flawed human perspective is what you have, created to provide primitive explanation of the cosmos. Today, we use science, yeah? You remember, the stuff that proves climatology is just 200 years old and not "in" by millennia yet to go. Be careful when the moon is in the seventh house, and Jupiter aligns with Mars. You'll go around claiming children like to rub your leg hair.

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@EtrnlVw
I will give you that

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@fauxlaw
Those are the known constellations
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Well first off. 
Is jesus god ?

If so. 
The sun is visible. 
That goes against a few things in the bible. 

But That's only if the sun did the whole make a book thing.   
In the bible , it says something along the lines of , The moon being a light source for the darkness. 
It's almost like God thought the Moon lit up. 
So like,  God the Sun didn't know he was responsible for the moon shinning / lighting up. 
Actually. 
That can be twisted to work in favor for God being the sun.

Sooooo, the sun may well be god, but i doubt it did a book.

It would of been more difficult to get people to believe the sun got guys to write shlt down for it then to get guys to compile it into a book so it can leave it for us. 

God could of been anything before a holy book. 

11 days later

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@fauxlaw
But Easter is when the sun rises exactly from the east one week after a full noon from the Equinox-EAST-er

PASS-over is the celebration of the sun passing over the equinox

Monte_Carlo
Monte_Carlo
-->
@Dr.Franklin
whether Jesus is just a human equivalent of the Sun? I am very conflicted as the evidence is pretty staggering

I think that perhaps the reason for your being "conflicted" is you are discombobulating "Sun" with "Son".
It's a common mistake really, especially with those who are dislexic.

The story goes that Jesus claimed to be the Son of God and whilst the evidence is not exactly staggering the typical "Son of God" pattern is there.
For example, Jim Jones claimed he was the son of God. He was a charasmatic leader who charmed many gullible and naive people to follow him and listen to his teachings. Of course, Jones was persecuted, especially by the authorities just as Jesus was. Both Jones and Jesus ended up being martyrs to their followers. Jones took out 990 followers with him; there were no reports of any subsequent deaths.
When Christianity was about 300 years old an estimated 2 million followers had been killed for their faith and still today, it is believed that 11 Christians are killed every day because of their belief.
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
God could of been anything before a holy book. 
When did God become a holy book?

But then, if God became a book, one would expect that book to be holy no? And I bet such a book would have songs in it.

Probably a better question is, why would God become a book?
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@ethang5
You say this like its some kind of joke. 

Are you not concerned with everyone being BANNED from church this week, and that the good lord will not get group sung at. 
I don't know what happens if we don't group sing at him.
Do you know what happens if we dont sing to him?
What he might do? 
We are risking this. 
Im  sure we are in for 40 days and nights of something. 
Maybe a plague of butterflies. 
Who knows. 
So laugh away twang.

No but on a serious note. Imagine being not 
Hang on Whats that word, Ramifications.
No its repercussions. 

Imagine the repercussions of.  《♡ NOT BEING ALLOWED TO GO TO CHURCH ♡ 》

Capital OUCH. 
weak as. 
Isn't it ?
Thang.
Weak?

You are not allowed FULL STOP

And how quick did ya get banned from clubhouse meetings.
A click of the fingers andddddd,  NO CHURCH. 
Nope.

It went 
No basketball. 
Baseball .
Rugby 
Church. 
Car racing. 
WEAK.

And then I started to feel bad for you theists. 
I mean , you are looking at easy , ( NO CHURCH FOR A MONTH )

And then i thought about if we let you go to church you will allllllllll doing the drink red wine from the same cup thing ya do. 
I mean .
Allllll sip Jesus blood out of a special spoon from a sacred goblet nonsense. ( I'd want the last spit sip from the cup) I'd wank also. 

ethang5
ethang5
You say this like its some kind of joke. 
Me?? No, I leave the jokes to the experts.

Are you not concerned with everyone being BANNED from church this week, and that the good lord will not get group sung at. 
*The church building is not the church
*People can sing to His Omnipotent Majesty from any location.
So, no, I'm not concerned in the least.

I don't know what happens if we don't group sing at him.
We who? Certainly you aren't part of that "we" singing to God.

Do you know what happens if we dont sing to him?
Sure. You just continue being dead in your sins as you've always been. Same as happens if you DO sing to Him.

What he might do? 
My guess is He might listen instead to the songs of praise of those whose names are written in the Lambs book of life.

We are risking this. 
Pretty low risk.

Im  sure we are in for 40 days and nights of something. 
Probably something like being ignored. But you guys can always come to the religion board and whore after attention.

Maybe a plague of butterflies. Who knows. 
I bet your delusion knows.

I'd wank also.
I wonder why mental illness is so often tied up with sexual perversion?

So laugh away twang.
Hee, hee!!! Thanks, that was refreshing.

Remember to wash your hands after! Ew.
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
Lucifer represents light, he is a lightbringer a morningstar.

It is then curious, without a doubt, that Jesus is the lightbringer while his adversary is described as having a dark aura.
Melcharaz
Debates: 6
Melcharaz
In a manner of speaking he is the sun. But not in actual representation. If we look at genesis, the sun was made before the stars. Jesus is called the firstborn of creation in scriptures. Or as john 1:1 says, in the beginning was the word, and the word was with God and the word was God. Its a representation of his role as giver of life in a metaphorical sense. He calls himself the bright and morning star. Whereas lucifer is called the son of the morning. 
Melcharaz
Melcharaz
I know a good sermon that can explain it better. Star wars by bishop wagner. Also here are scriptures. Hebrews 1:1-4 colossians 1:13-16 isaiah 14:12-14 ezekiel 28:12-19 luke 10:18 john 14:6 john 8:12 john 1:1-5 
Melcharaz
Melcharaz
Lucifer represents the light of the light because of his beauty and wisdom, a lesser light. Who then became corrupted by his own brightness and became the father of lies. The fallen light. And if you study what darkness is, you find black is a mixture of colors, not lack of it. Likewise satan is a mixture of light, but not its pureness. 
Tee_Wrex
Tee_Wrex
-->
@ethang5
I wonder why mental illness is so often tied up with sexual perversion?

I'm sure that psychologists will confirm that one's sexual behaviour stems from one's mental state.

An excellent analogy would be religion, for example. Believing in an imaginary friend brings out all sorts of devious and anti-social behaviors such as bigotry, hatred, sexism and vilifying minority groups. Goodness only knows what sort of sexual perversions a hardened Christian for example, would have.
ethang5
ethang5
An excellent analogy would be religion, for example...
A better example of mental illness is you. We are watching you suffer from delusion and compulsion in real time.

anti-social behaviors such as bigotry, hatred, sexism and vilifying minority groups
And rudeness, disrespect, fraud, dishonesty, spamming, and stupidity. You won't see your own antisocial behavior because you're deluded, but I just thought I'd include them in your hypocrites list for the lolz.

Goodness only knows what sort of sexual perversions a hardened Christian for example, would have.
If you are so compulsive as to continually shame yourself in public, we know what sort of sexual perversions you have.

But unlike you, we don't obsess over them, or make the same post compulsively over them. We just laugh in pity as Ethan tosses you for lolz, and your compulsion keeps forcing you back. And people say mental illness isn't funny.
Melcharaz
Melcharaz
If you use the theory of an imaginary friend. Then you have to pose the question, what is the friend saying to them? Many people call themselves christians and dont obey God or even know his will or attitude about behaviors. So if a christian has a voice telling them to do things Gods word condemns, then God is either a hypocrite, the bible is not the revealed intention of God, or another voice/spirit is whispering to them.
So let me ask yall a few questions: 1 is God a hypocrite? 2: is he a liar? 3:Does he want us to disobey him?
T_Recks
T_Recks
-->
@Melcharaz
So let me ask yall a few questions: 1 is God a hypocrite? 2: is he a liar? 3:Does he want us to disobey him?
Excellent questions there.
Even religious people will admit that God means different things to different people and delusion has the same effect.

For example, Jimmy Stewart played an excellent portrayal in "Harvey" where his imaginary friend was somehow quite wise and reasoned. People actually admired Harvey in how he spoke with his "pooka".

Now, contrast that with post #22 above. One look at the morose-looking mask certainly sets the scene as to what abhorrent nonsense is to follow.
Obviously, someone like this is going to have one heck of an r sole for an imaginary friend and it certainly shows, doesn't it?

12 days later

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Dr.Franklin
 If the Devil represents darkness 

But does he? And what is your evidence.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Stephen
what do you think?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Dr.Franklin
 If the Devil represents darkness 

But does he? And what is your evidence.

what do you think?

Irrelevant . Can you not just attempt an answer.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Stephen
nah
Tyran_Orex
Tyran_Orex
-->
@EtrnlVw
Even more impressive being both literal and figurative...
But how can one distinguish between what is literal and what is figurative in scriptures?

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Tyran_Orex
Ever heard of common sense?