Covid19 Corona Virus

Author: ebuc

Total: 36
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
-->
@3RU7AL
I'm still waiting for "actual real science" (instead of pure opinion) before I'm convinced that wearing a napkin over your face will do anything at all to stop THE PLAGUE!!!
Meanwhile,  some wear their masks to lower any viral load that may be area of the mask and this in turn helps to,

1} mitigate the spread,

2} increase my chance of surviving because of a lesser dose.

In the video I think she says something like a billion viri can be on a pin head.  Of course viri range in size and most of us know 10, 20, 50 100 or so sizes of viri is not common, as well as they always only have RNA or DNA, and never both ero twiligth orginasims betwee alive and mineral, unti they get inside a cell. 

I bought Ester C 500mg and do once a day as well as a 500 rose hip C.  I have been doing D3 for several weeks or months, and I have 1000mg Ester C if I do get sick.

Also take minimal echinacea and have some elderberry pills just in case.   And any sign of nasal distress I have and will use the neti-pot again, and again.  Viri really love that deep nasal area.

No telling what it may do to my heart, but I have had both flu and shingles shots ergo, I'm covered most of my bases fairly well.  Oh, yeah I bought 8 pk of bottled water many months ago in case those rough days with fever appear. 20 years ago I  survived bad 3 days of high fever from flu. and I was by myself.

Asians of third world wear masks over the years, cause of smog, sulphur whatever but they are not unaccustomed to disease from animals.

The southwest US native indians have had their outbreaks from rodent poop spreading viri if not also bad bacteria that kills.

Well, I avoided stepping on 2.5 ft timber rattler neighbors driveway.  It was extended and my foot was about 12" away when I saw it. I caught it and put into 5gal bucket. Haul far away and let go.   A snake bite, and Sars-Co-V-2 at same time, might be too much of this old man.  :--) (--: Live long and prosper 3RU

3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@ebuc
I'm not "against" wearing masks or accepting vaccines.

I'm only against making these prophylactics mandatory.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@3RU7AL
I'm only against making these prophylactics mandatory.

At least till you see laboratory experiments that are science-based facts.

Yet you leave out,  any possible knowledge gained from the ongoing lab experiment all around us.  The more data that comes in, ---and appropriately documented-----, then,

the better we have been will be able to make deductions,

based on what we observe,

complemented by the spice of rational, logical common sense.

3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@ebuc
Perhaps it's more fundamental than that.

Church services and other social gatherings can not be outlawed.

Under section 361 of the Public Health Service Act (42 U.S. Code § 264), the U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services is authorized to take measures to prevent the entry and spread of communicable diseases from foreign countries into the United States and between states. [LINK]
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@3RU7AL
The latter is more appropriate for your thread.  Blessing your way 3Ru and may the rational, logical common sense force be with you always.

Live long and prosper oh great and complex human that you are!

8 days later

ebuc
ebuc

....."We do not know if masks reduce exposure to the virus, she said, adding that the duration and level of immunity are also still poorly understood.

....“This is an interesting idea, but there are too many unknowns to say that masks should be used as a tool for ‘variolating’ people against SARS-CoV-2,” she added.
A key stumbling block to answering these questions is that testing the UCSF researchers’ hypothesis is difficult.
“It is true that such a hypothesis in humans using gold standard methods [of experimental design] can never be proven given that we cannot expose humans deliberately to the virus,” Gandhi said.

...But some studies have proved useful, she said, including research conducted in Hong Kong on hamsters.

...Scientists simulated mask-wearing by placing one between the cages of infected rodents and healthy ones.
They found that hamsters were less likely to catch COVID-19 if they were “masked,” and even if they did catch it, their symptoms were milder.
There have also been a few accidental real-world experiments.

...In one case, a cruise ship that departed from Argentina in mid-March issued everyone on board with surgical masks after the first sign of an infection.
Researchers found that 81% of those who caught the virus were asymptomatic, which Gandhi said compared to around 40% on other vessels where masks were not worn systematically"