Is there going to be a list of people banned

Author: disgusted

Total: 22
disgusted
Debates: 0
disgusted
and the length of the sentence and the reason for banning? I'm looking forward to seeing some names. hahahahaha

RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
-->
@disgusted
If the Vagabond account is banned at the moment why are you allowed to use this one?
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@RationalMadman
Any evidence? Oh dear NO!. carry on.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@disgusted
The strike through the name at present?

bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
-->
@RationalMadman
I am still considering this; we'll see how things shake out. At this point, I am disinclined to post such a list, but I have not explicitly ruled out creating one in the future.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@RationalMadman
I asked for evidence, I'm not sure what you make of that but your response indicates a vacuous understanding at best.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@bsh1
Do you have any plan to inform a member of banning and the duration of that ban?
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@disgusted
Do you have any plan to inform a member of banning and the duration of that ban?
Absolutely. The COC that was implemented at the time of me becoming a mod reads, in part:

> "The temp-banned user will be notified of their ban no less than one hour prior to their ban taking effect unless moderation has cause to believe that a delay in implementing the ban would result in harm to the site, a site user, or further violations of this code of conduct. The user will be presented with evidence of their offense (in a manner consistent with the rights of other members) and the date of their ban’s expiration. The user has the right to offer a defense against the charges."

and

> "The perma-banned user will be notified of their ban no less than three hours prior to their ban taking effect unless moderation has cause to believe that a delay in implementing the ban would result in harm to the site, a site user, or further violations of this code of conduct. The user will be presented with evidence of their offense (in a manner consistent with the rights of other members). The user has the right to offer a defense against the charges."

The emphasis in these passages is my own. Moderation will give the users the opportunity to offer a defense to the presented evidence before the decision to implement a ban is ultimately decided upon.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@disgusted
Your understanding of my understanding is what's lacking here.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@bsh1
Lovely! It is just that I wasn't granted any of these niceties and so a thread giving this information to all members will alleviate certain members lying about decisions made by mods that they have no knowledge of. These spurious aspersions promulgated by individuals are probably the most egregious that a member might face and should be dealt with in the most serious fashion a mod has available.
There are several members who fall into this category and should be subject to very harsh punishment by the mods.
I hope that helps. I'm more than happy to cite the behaviour of these members if you need confirmation.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@disgusted
Actually you're wrong and I say this as the single best banned member of DDO history. Banned members want to be infamous, glorified and remembered. You're only doing the banned member a favour by making a public list.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@RationalMadman
Were you responding to something I wrote? Never mind, it's not important much like you dear chap.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@disgusted
Lovely! It is just that I wasn't granted any of these niceties
Your ban occurred before my modship and before the implementation of the COC, so those policies weren't in place at that time.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@disgusted
How are you important? I am extremely important both to the community and the debates themselves in percentage of debates completed that I've done vs other users on this site so far.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@bsh1
So as we've agreed there is no possible reason for my banning, since there were no rules to break. It was just because the hatefilled thang cried to "mike". Yeah I know how it worked, why do you still accept his advice? Have you warned him concerning his incessant personal attacks?
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@RationalMadman
Whatever...............................sheesh...............................
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@disgusted
So as we've agreed there is no possible reason for my banning
That, in no way, reflects anything I have said to you.

I am not going to comment publicly on specific cases or potential moderation action against other users.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@bsh1
Fair enough. Each to his own.
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
Lol. This thread is funnier than I expected it to be.

Though I don't see how the strike through current system is lacking.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@ethang5
You wouldn't. hahahaha
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@disgusted
Told you the thread was funny.

But then again, you cackle like that all the time for apparently no reason.

bsh1
bsh1
-->
@disgusted
Please feel free to comment more extensively here: