Gospel Music

Author: EtrnlVw

Total: 31
EtrnlVw
Debates: 0
EtrnlVw
Post your favorite Gospel tunes here!

Wow lol, here's an old Gospel jingle I found recently that I wrote years ago I did for a quick video, someone posted it on FB. I've written many songs and recorded many tracks but this is one of only two videos I have currently, I may have some on Myspace too. Anyways not that much to it, and not that detailed perhaps I'll post some new stuff and more involved guitar playing. I'm more of a guitar slinger and rocker but just for fun I thought I post it for anyone interested in Gospel tunes.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@EtrnlVw
That sounds like a rip off of Neil Youngs "Helpless"
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
Never heard it but I'll check it out. The chords I was using are very usable.....knockin on heavens door....ect ect….G/D/C...it's a simple progression.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Goldtop
That's interesting, I've never been a real Neil Young fan but yeah good ear. Only you should be able to recognize my uniqueness since in FACT I did not rip anyone off, never even heard the song. Perhaps you would like my more rock driven music. 
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@EtrnlVw
Sure, I'm always into hearing beginner/intermediate players working on material. I took the song writing course at Berkley, highly recommended.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
Sure, I'm always into hearing beginner/intermediate players working on material. I took the song writing course at Berkley, highly recommended.

Lol, I've been playing since I was 14, would you like to share something you've played with all your hard work at Berkley? I'd love to see and hear it...I'm not a beginner, not even close and that's why I probably didn't want to share the song at first. It actually was a simple jingle. 
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@EtrnlVw
I've been in working bands for a lot of years with ex-pro players, I know beginners and intermediates.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Goldtop
If you know beginners and intermediates you shouldn't be labeling me as one. Can you show me some of your work? that I may judge as well?
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@EtrnlVw
If you know beginners and intermediates you shouldn't be labeling me as one.

Why would you want me to lie?
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Goldtop
What I would like is for you to post some material of your work so that I know you have a leg to stand on. Calling me a beginner due to all your hard work as a musician, it should be very easy for you to show it from your own work and efforts. After all these years you should have something to show for it, and then I can judge your comments based on your talent. Until then your comments are the same as they are in the religion forum, where you just run your mouth and offer nothing in return. Now I'll wait right here while you post some of your own material where we all know you understand what you're judging and what you're saying based on your own skills.

ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@EtrnlVw
I liked it. Popular chord progression, and cool beard.

Goldtop's problem is that you evoked the name of Jesus in the song. Pay no attention to his opinion. Notice he disappeared when challenged to show his skills. Telling.

Watching the other vids now.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@ethang5
I liked it. Popular chord progression, and cool beard.

Hey thanks! yeah the chords are simple and catchy to me anyways. I'll get my son to play the rhythm next time so I can go off on the guitar a bit.

Goldtop's problem is that you evoked the name of Jesus in the song. Pay no attention to his opinion. Notice he disappeared when challenged to show his skills. Telling.

The funny thing is this video was never intended to show my skills, I actually put it together just testing my recording device and as a result it's the only video of a song I currently have. My wife saw it and told me she loved it and that I should post it on FB lol. Turned out to be a hit, Goldtop was the first to complain. But yeah, I just wrote it as hymn, my other songs are more blues and rock driven. If I can find some more maybe I'll post em here.

Watching the other vids now.
Cool, the other songs I posted are from artists that I grew up with in the Gospel genre, I tend to like more underground Gospel music. Post your favorite Gospels tunes too!!
Mhykiel
Mhykiel
Lord give me a sign
DMX

Crowns and Thorns(Oceans)
KB

Mhykiel
Mhykiel
-->
@EtrnlVw
Cool job keep sharing. I just posted some of my fave gospels.

Going to watch some more vids in a bit.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Mhykiel
Cool job keep sharing. I just posted some of my fave gospels.

Sweet, I'll check them out thanks. I don't believe I've heard any of them yet...

15 days later

Stephen
Stephen
Who can deny that the sound that comes from a gospel choir is uplifting. My sister used to play gospel songs from Elvis Presley albums sang with a perfect voice that could almost convince you that Elvis was onto something.

So High, Run On, Where No One Stands Alone and quite a few others from his albums have stuck with me, I cannot deny.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Stephen
I'll have to check those out, thank you for the suggestion. What did you think of my little gospel hymn in the first link? 

Who can deny that the sound that comes from a gospel choir is uplifting.

It is because it does in fact uplift your spirit, it edifies that aspect of yourself even if you don't believe there is a spirit or that you have an aspect of yourself that transcends the physical body. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@EtrnlVw
What did you think of my little gospel hymn in the first link? 
Nice. But I didn't find it moved me like a gospel choir going full tilt does or the sincerity of Presley's brilliant baritone voice can.
I am not religious but the mood and feelings conveyed by the above mentioned are sincerely moving .
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Stephen
Nice. But I didn't find it moved me like a gospel choir going full tilt does or the sincerity of Presley's brilliant baritone voice can.
I am not religious but the mood and feelings conveyed by the above mentioned are sincerely moving .

Lol, no, not going to move you like a choir would, wait a minute....you like Presley's voice better than mine!! JK...I never liked his voice that much, but actually I liked it much better in his gospel songs. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@EtrnlVw
.I never liked his voice that much, but actually I liked it much better in his gospel songs. 
Which just happens to be the same voice as the one you "never like much".
you like Presley's voice better than mine!!
 Yep, and I think I could be right in believing that so do half the population of the world. I think I would rate you as .... must try harder. 
No offence ☺☺☺☺☺
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Stephen
Which just happens to be the same voice as the one you "never like much".

What can I say? his voice always sounded goofy to me, just an opinion.....over vibrato and generic lyrics. I like the Gospel stuff better but not my favorite singing voice. I like soulful, scratchy voices, with a high range.

you like Presley's voice better than mine!!

Yep, and I think I could be right in believing that so do half the population of the world. I think I would rate you as .... must try harder.
No offence

Not very wise to jokes huh? Nothing I need to try harder at, it's my natural singing voice, but obviously not one you prefer, no offence taken. Also, I'm not a world-wide musician, I am a Dad and that is the life I pursued. But if you wouldn't mind, this thread was for people to post videos or Gospel songs, could you post some?

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
A little tribute to member Stephen..

Stephen
Stephen

Not sure this would be quite classed in the gospel category, but it is about hope.

Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@EtrnlVw
I'd jam with yahs
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Stephen
Oh cool, thanks.