The twitch streamer Destiny/Steven Bonnel

Author: Trent0405

Total: 58
Trent0405
Debates: 33
Trent0405
Steven Bonnel is a rational and intelligent liberal. Despite me disagreeing with him on a few issues, I think he's a good source if you want to hear arguments against social conservatism. He has (in my opinion) beaten conservatives like Nick Fuentes, Lauren Southern, James Allsup, and Andy Waraski.

Personally he's shifted me to left on social policy and a bit to the right on economic policy.

What do you guys think of him? : )
skittlez09
Debates: 1
skittlez09
-->
@Trent0405
I've watched him a few times he's a pretty smart guy 

His two debates with no bs were funny asf 
Trent0405
Trent0405
-->
@skittlez09
His two debates with no bs were funny asf 
I agree.
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Trent0405
The reason why I am a left winger. What he says is really easy to understand and does a great job presenting how stupid the other side is with just simple questions.
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
It is not hard to be a rational and intelligent liberal/progressive. What is hard to be rational and intelligent on any other stance.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Trent0405
Nick Fuentes isn't someone I think of as a good debater. Destiny is a troll to people who can't debate. I like they guy and has good points, but he would get destroyed by Ben Shapiro

Trent0405
Trent0405
-->
@Vader
Nick Fuentes isn't someone I think of as a good debater.
I would agree with that.

Destiny is a troll to people who can't debate.
Wouldn't you agree that he has held his own against good competition like John Lott and Vaush?

he would get destroyed by Ben Shapiro
I'm unsure who would come ahead personally.

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Trent0405
I agree, but I think he is merely a troll. A good troll, but a troll indeed. Not saying he is a bad debater, but his competition wasn't great. I really enjoyed Lott vs Destiny because he point a lot of ad homininems. I really liked Lott a lot and his performances, but I think it was equal

Vaush did not look good. He said a lot of AD HOMINEMS and really looked silly. Lott is a better debater
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Trent0405
He is a debater, the debates where he wins or his famous ones are against non-debaters, his opponents dont know basic debating etiquette, thats why he invited THEM on his show any debator would get an outside source to moderate the debate.

When he faces real debaters, he usually ties and people agree they have a good conversation, Be careful though, he has openly advocated for incest and bestiality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrUUBNgoroM-an example of when he takes on a debater, go to 34:00

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Trent0405
The conservatives you mentioned are journalists not debaters, they are pretty different as journalists dont know logical fallacies,etc

So he can us those logical fallacies to win and he does so very well

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@TheRealNihilist
you subscribe to a political ideology because of a streamer

Your not a free thinker
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Dr.Franklin
How are you a free thinker?

Tell me again how you gained your ideas? 
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@TheRealNihilist
through analyzing both sides
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Go on then give me an example.

Oh wait I am talking to Franklin so I'll wait 2 more comments. You must be really free deciding not to bother to give examples instead make me ask for you to do so. 

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I used to be an atheist, but I reconverted to being a Christian because I analyzed both sides. Same with is real, I used to be very Pro-Israel, now I am on the fence of it and believe both sides have committed crimes and that peace is not achievable.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Dr.Franklin
After all that analyzing you have done in the past you couldn't read the "an" in my words. Okay. I'll only be discussing one because knowing you I don't think this would be anything rational more uneventful like the person you are and probably always will be.

I used to be an atheist, but I reconverted to being a Christian because I analyzed both sides.
What did you specifically analyze as in what arguments? 

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@TheRealNihilist
The digital physics argument and the cosmological arguments makes sense that God is real
Trent0405
Trent0405
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Be careful though, he has openly advocated for incest and bestiality.
I actually agree with him on these issues. They should be legal.

The conservatives you mentioned are journalists not debaters, they are pretty different as journalists dont know logical fallacies,etc
I fail to see why a journalist wouldn't be able to locate logical fallacies like debaters can. Plus, journalists should be able to back up their positions when challenged on them, just like any other person. So, journalists are equally formidable opponents when compared to debaters in my opinion.

his opponents dont know basic debating etiquette, thats why he invited THEM on his show
I don't think he tries to find people lacking debate technique or conduct to debate him. Moreover, he has never run away from a debate challenge to my knowledge, he appears to seek debate from anyone and everyone, whether they're uneducated people or academic scholars.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrUUBNgoroM-an example of when he takes on a debater, go to 34:00
Good clip.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Dr.Franklin
The digital physics argument and the cosmological arguments makes sense that God is real
What argument did you agree as an atheist?

Analyzing both sides must be difficult for you since you have only give one side thus not even meeting the bare minimum to actually start analyzing both sides. 

I'm sticking to cosmological argument since one is more than enough to "analyze". 

Are you okay Dr.Franklin or do I need to tell you that both requires more than 1 thing to be involved? 
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Trent0405
I actually agree with him on these issues. They should be legal.

He think it is morally correct to have sex with animals

I fail to see why a journalist wouldn't be able to locate logical fallacies like debaters can. Plus, journalists should be able to back up their positions when challenged on them, just like any other person. So, journalists are equally formidable opponents when compared to debaters in my opinion.

Journalists report on the news, that is it, they don't have times to dive deep into objections or large scale debates, they make money by writing their opinion based on common knowledge facts. Debate language is something journalists would not know

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/-Debaters know all this and call people out on it

I don't think he tries to find people lacking debate technique or conduct to debate him. Moreover, he has never run away from a debate challenge to my knowledge, he appears to seek debate from anyone and everyone, whether they're uneducated people or academic scholars.
Right, but do you notice that they always debate on HIS SHOW or while he is live streaming, he isnt dumb, he is a good debater when it comes to language and getting what you want out of a debater

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erp28ES6sHQ-He is smart and knows how to use language and debating  to win against non-debaters

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@TheRealNihilist
The only reason why i used to be an atheist was because of evolution, but I learned it was combatible and the universe is a simulation run by God

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Trent0405
Also, when he takes on 4chan meme legends, it is really funny and is embarrassing

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Trent0405
Good clip.
Is it a good clip to show his integrity? Instead of actually ignorantly carrying on the topic when he is not knowledgeable about physics he chooses to swallow his ego that Franklin so easily implies with this: 

"He is a debater, the debates where he wins or his famous ones are against non-debaters, his opponents dont know basic debating etiquette, thats why he invited THEM on his show any debator would get an outside source to moderate the debate."

to not carry on the conversation and with a person looking into the conversation would deem him a coward. 

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Dr.Franklin
The only reason why i used to be an atheist was because of evolution, but I learned it was combatible and the universe is a simulation run by God
Did you arrive through evolution by science? 

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I guess? But I thought Genesis was a lie, until I did some resaerch and leanred the truth

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Dr.Franklin
I guess? But I thought Genesis was a lie, until I did some resaerch and leanred the truth

What am I supposed to do with "I guess?". A much better response would be a yes or no.

I'm sticking to the cosmological argument so if the "truth" doesn't pertain to that I'm not responding.

If it wasn't clear all I ask from you is a yes or no. That is all. 
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I know your games omar, I aint playing it
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Trent0405
Do you find this ironic? The person who is playing games right now is currently hypocritical about what is going on? All I asked is that if his past self got to evolution through science but he couldn't answer that.

Do you find this in anyway a gotcha or should Franklin be able to answer a question?
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Dr.Franklin
I know your games omar, I aint playing it
The game I am playing is for you to answer a question. I don't think you can which is sad to see since you have said you analyzed both sides but have yet to pick up on answering closed questions? hmm it almost as if your a liar.

Are you going to answer the very simple question or is your worldview so weak that all I needed was to ask you a closed question for all of it to break? Maybe you should've analyzed having actual answers to questions instead of whatever it is you call these posts you make. 
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Nope, I know how it works bud