Starving Yet?

Author: sadolite

Total: 41
sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
  So anyone out there living pay check to pay check coming close to starving because you have no money yet? How are you paying for food? How are you paying for anything? I notice all the people saying stay home have no financial problems. Easy for them to say.
   If you think people can just sit unemployed for months, you are delusional and out of your mind. People are going to start rioting and looting in the next few weeks. And I don't blame them one bit in this case. Those checks the govt mails out Half will  go to the healthcare insurance industry to pay back what everyone owes for their employer provided healthcare. Ya, bet no one thinks of that, I have to pay $200.00 a week out of my paycheck for me and my wife. You think employers are just going to eat that? Don't think so. You will most likely owe money when you go back to work if you have been forced out of work.
  At some point in the very near future you as an individual will have to decide for yourself if you want to isolate yourself from the rest of the world but you cant demand everyone else do it. The world is, always has been and always will be a dangerous place. You can't expect the entire population to cater to your fears of being alive on planet earth. Humanity lived through measles, mumps, polio, small pox you name it without shutting  down. If your time is up, your time is up. That's how it is, always has been and always will be. Decimating the world economy won't ever change that. It will just make it worse on top of all of everything else that you cant prevent from happening. People die. Everyone needs to come to terms with that. Viruses are either man made or it is nature culling the heard. Welcome to reality, but please suffer on your own and don't take me down with you, I have already come to terms with it decades ago.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@sadolite
The president will open the country back up soon. 

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@sadolite
This is a fair argument. I have seen older people gathering at coffee shops not following any regulations. If the Americans are sacrificing for the old and are suffering, and the old aren't complying, that's on them.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
Of all the countries who will have the most cases

I am not surpised it is America, no hardship since the 40's makes our emergency response weak
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Vader
This is a fair argument. I have seen older people gathering at coffee shops not following any regulations. If the Americans are sacrificing for the old and are suffering, and the old aren't complying, that's on them.

China is recovering because if you didnt follow rules you got beat up
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
Problem: I am living paycheck to paycheck not saving anything for emergencies, now there is an emergency and I have no money.

Solution: Stop doing that.

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
How is that a solution? What are you going to do for the next 32 days?
sadolite
sadolite
Something else to consider in all this. The people as a whole in the US just rolled over without so much a complaint or whimper. Don't think for one second the powers that be in govt will forget that. What will they do to us next and under what new crisis will they restrict us? I can already see it now, the govt will start rationing everything under the disguise of climate change. You cant go here you cant do this you cant do anything that it deems bad for the environment, are all ya'll going to just roll over and take it like we are doing now. This is scary shit and I don't mean the virus, there have been far worse and far more deadly in the past. This, I believe is a test run for the future. I believe we all passed with flying colors like good little lemmings.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Greyparrot
The damage is already done, Any small businesses that were forced to shut down most likely wont reopen. And the people that worked there wont have a job to go back to. I have owned a few small businesses and a month without any business is impossible to recover from.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@sadolite
How is that a solution? What are you going to do for the next 32 days?

Buy food from the store and eat it.

Why do you say that saving for emergencies when times are good is not a good solution to living through emergencies?
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@sadolite
I'm still being paid, not doing a dam thing for 8 hours, but they are fine keeping us coming in and sitting around, so I will.

Notice how the states haven't offered to cut state income tax, property taxes etc

Trump should have made them match to some degree, whatever the feds are/were going to do.  Why it's 100% of the feds responsibility I don't know.  But I think that is a HUGE mistake he made.
Vader
Vader
-->
@sadolite
Not true. My dad owns a small business and is planning to re-open. It certainly isn't helping him, but he isn't going bankrupt. New regulations by Trump are making it easier for small businesses to re open and make the money before taxes 
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@sadolite
I believe we all passed with flying colors like good little lemmings.

Except for the toilet paper riots.

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
My bad, I was under the impression you "didn't" save for emergencies and wasn't working and your solution for the next 30 days to get money was to save for emergencies while having no income.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Vader
There are exceptions to everything. He clearly isn't riddled with debt and has cash on hand. Most small businesses don't have that luxury. Taking on debt to get out of debt almost never works.
Vader
Vader
-->
@sadolite
Many tax agencies and debt collection places are delaying the collection. In fact it's a state mandated where debt collection isn't collected til a later date.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@sadolite
what I was getting at is they love to badmouth and point the finger at the federal government while ignoring their state and local who have done absolutely nothing to financially help anyone, well maybe except for unemployment, so next to nothing then.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@sadolite
My bad, I was under the impression you "didn't" save for emergencies and wasn't working and your solution for the next 30 days to get money was to save for emergencies while having no income.
<br>

You asked for a solution to the "living paycheck to paycheck" problem and I provided one. Pretty simple.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Greyparrot
Except for the toilet paper riots.

Problem: I want to have a 10 year supply of toilet paper but the grocery store is only letting me buy 12 rolls at a time.

Proposed solution #1: Buy 12 rolls per day for the next week.

Proposed solution #2: Wait until the restrictions lift and buy your 10 year supply then.

Proposed solution #3 (recommended): Stop wanting to own a 10 year supply of toilet paper.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
That's not really what I asked, but we will just leave it there.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Vader
I can see many perspectives of what is going to happen come from a non business owning never had to meet a payroll perspective.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@sadolite
That's not really what I asked, but we will just leave it there.

You gotta admit though, the solution that I gave in post 6 for your problem was pretty clever.
Vader
Vader
-->
@sadolite
Some people are just prepared financially for a crisis. The government is doing their best to help as much as possible. 
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Vader
Don't really know how adding another 2 trillion on top of already a 22 trillion dollar debt is going to help anyone or any future person that hasn't been born yet. People always say it isn't about the money, they are right, there isn't any. It is all worthless debt on the backs of future generations and massive inflation. 1000 times more people will be further hurt by anything govt does than will be helped by it creating worthless out of thin air money. Doing nothing and letting people suffer would in the long run be better for everyone. The poor would benefit the most by govt doing nothing because the inflation that will be caused by all this worthless out of thin air money flooding the monetary system  will decimate their already low buying power in the future. No good will come from any of this  for anyone. The rational and critical thinking based question to be asked here is, does your (That means everyone)   Does your brand of compassion and desire to spare every life possible from this virus out weigh the entire financial health of the country and the world? Will we do this all over again every time there is even the slightest suggestion of a flu of any kind? The precedent has been set. This lock down must end today and everyone must go back to work. Like it or not, in natures eyes, we are all expendable. It does not care about us or our suffering. "ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE"  I am lectured by politicians in Washington DC all the time, "We need to do what best for everyone" Whats best for everyone, trying to save  200,000 or 2 million lives from a virus and in the process decimating the entire worlds economy in the process or letting nature take it course and let the living go on living and not decimating the entire worlds economy.
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
As some of you know, I have been storing food, water, and supplies, and have maintained that practice for at least 20 years. Four years ago, I bought a freeze dryer, the most effective appliance I've ever owned. It paid for itself in two years. Show me an appliance that can do that. I have fruit trees and maintain a veggie garden every year. Without the freeze dryer, I wasted some of the produce because we could not consume it all. We canned a lot, and still do, but5 now, we can freeze dry entrees, fruits and vegetables, ice cream, just about anything you can imagine. Currently, my food storage exceeds 3 years for my wife and I, 1 year of water, and a little more than 1 year in supplies. I have not dipped into it, yet, because I also have two refrigerator/freezers and two freezers, for fresh food, two large pantries, along with 2 kitchens. 
I prepared for these conditions long ago. There's nothing like these kinds of preparations when you don't need them so they'er available when you do. Some of you scoff at such as us. "Survivalists" you call us. Well, who in hell do you think will survive? LOL all you want, I'm not laughing, but I am virtually self sufficient, even if I lose power [I have a 39-panel array of solar panels on my roof. I pay an average of $7 per month for  power. Next summer, I plan to have another 2,500 gallon water cistern installed underground in my yard. No, I don't buy boats and skidoos and off-road vehicles or RV's. They can all be rented. 
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@fauxlaw
You the man, I am a semi survivalist, I have some food stored and some essentials but  I am guilty of buying ATV's and camper trailers. To much self sacrifice makes life not worth living in my opinion. I don't want to survive I want to live.  If it comes to the point of only surviving, I'm gonna go ahead and self terminate. Just surviving is no life in my opinion. Again that's my opinion, I am sure many would get off on the idea of chaos and anarchy.

fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@sadolite
Life is precious. It is worth living even in isolation. I love the outdoors. I've been in the summit of Whitney, where I made chicken and dumplings for dinner, and peach cobbler for dessert, deep in a Thai jungle where I suddenly realized I was no longer at the top of the food chain, scuba diving off the coast of Thailand, on the floor of Death Valley four days following the summit of Whitney, in 30+ countries. But, I am just as happy in a big chair before a roaring fire, reading a great book from a great library that is within hand's reach right now. [No fire, I do cold pretty well and it is spring]
Vader
Vader
-->
@sadolite
We always keep talking about debt, and too be honest man, we just keep getting worse with each presidency. We’ve never had a gain in our economy. People get needier over time. It’s not just a pandemic thing, it’s the human evolution and as time goes, our debt won’t get fixed
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Vader
Problem: The habit of consuming more than is produced simply because people are physically able to do so causes massive public debt.

Solution: Stop doing that.
skittlez09
Debates: 1
skittlez09
-->
@sadolite
ramen and eggs, grilled cheese sandwiches, and strawberries in vegan yogurts all ive been eating lol