The Most Important Question Christians Should Ask

Author: Stephen

Total: 72
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
InLuke’s gospel we can read about the “joy” of the disciples because Jesus hadendowed them with great powers by all accounts:

One dayJesus called together his twelve disciples[a] and gave them power and authority to cast out alldemons and to heal all diseases. Luke 9.
In factthere are 18 verses where authority to cast out and of casting out devils arementioned. I won’t list them all unless asked to do so. But we can safely saythat beyond doubt that the disciples were granted and di use this power ofcasting out devils/demons.

And the seventy [disciples]returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto usthrough thy name. Luke 10:17.

We than get to thebetrayal and  The Last Supper where weread;

The deal to betray Jesus.
“Then Satanentered Judas, surnamed Iscariot how he might betray Him” Luke 22:3.

The Last Supper
“And afterthe sop (dipped bread)Satan entered into him”.John 13:27.
And the story goes Judaspopped out to betray his lord giving away the location where he can be foundand arrested ect ect.

I think the questionby know should be s glaring. But for those who do not want to face this, yetanother, anomaly as glaring as it is, one has to ask;

Why didn’t they castout the devil that had entered Judas? And strangely, nowhere in the bible doesanyone pray for Judas or the devil come to that. The devil, by all counts, wasstill one of god's creations too, after all.?

The reader shouldkeep in mind here that the deal to betray Jesus was struck before the lastsupper.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Stephen
Why didn’t they castout the devil that had entered Judas?

Devils/demons don't just pop in and out of people, they have to be given access. Once they have access it's up to the individual to accept deliverance or not, they can be forced out temporarily but Judas basically made a deal with the devil as they say.

The devil, by all counts, wasstill one of god's creations too, after all.? 

Yep, but IMO he wasn't created the "devil".....that's what he became through rebellion. Souls are free to become what they want. However, I fail to see you point here.

ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
I fail to see you point here.
As will most rational people.
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@ethang5
@EtrnlVw
"But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes. And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, in meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; and that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will."

He isn't really trying to learn. He's going to keep hunking turds at the wall to see what sticks. That's what I think based on how he responds to sound correction.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Mopac
I've been on the internet since it began. I've met many people like Stephen. He doesn't want to discuss scripture, he wants to discuss his personal beliefs about scripture. And for him, his belief about scripture is more true than what scripture says.

So for example, in talking about John and Jesus, his focus is his made-up idea that there was a "rivalry" between John and Jesus, and he will bend scripture to fit his made-up idea. He will reject anything, even scripture itself, if it contradicts his made-up idea.

He isn't looking for answers. He is only interested in pushing his agenda. And his agenda is decidedly an anti-christ agenda.

So he doesn't care if his claims are shown to be nonsense, he just wants to be able to post them. This is why, when PGA 2.0, for example, showed him point blank that he was wrong when he claimed that John's father did not doubt, he simply stopped talking to him. He will switch to talking to someone else who allows him to keep posting his debunked idea.

For people like this, their emotional rush is only in posting derogatory things about God and the bible. I have found that the best way to shut them down is counterintuitive. Put his agenda front and center. Make him defend it.

Because his agenda is baseless and frankly, kind of loony, he is forced to defend something clearly not in scripture, and this part is important, clearly contradicts other parts of scripture he accepts. In the end, he become the best argument against himself.

But there will always be noobs who will gracefully assume he is just a confused guy searching for answers and allow him a platform.
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@ethang5
You may be on to something there

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
Ya think? He's asking you and the other thing questions for which you have no answers as everyone can see, just keep avoiding it's all you people can do. Your book is full of myth and fairy tales that only the incredibly confused could believe.
Stephen
Stephen
 whenPGA 2.0, for example,showed him point blank that he was wrong when he claimedthat John's father did not doubt,

He didn't show me any such thing. he simply kept repeating that being struck dumb wasn't Zacharias'  punishment for "doubting" when it clearly points out that it is.. And I have asked you if Zacharias being "struckdumb" wasn't a punishment, then what was it?  You & PGA have both failed to answer that simple question.

Note the word "because"
And, behold, thou shalt be dumb, and not able to speak, until the day that these things shall be performed, because thou believest not my words. Luke1:5-25. KJV.
This angel even spells it out why Zacharias is being punished .

He simply stopped talking to him. 

Not true. You do like telling lies don't you.  I have carried on theconversation and others with him. Besides, even If i had decided not to correspond to anyone including PGA, that is my prerogative as it is yours or anyone else's. It is not a condition of the forum that I am obligated to respond to anyone. Indeed, there is a ignore function on the site I am sure, for the very purpose of not responding. 

And Inotice too that you have totally ignored this glaring anomaly and decided to attack the poster - me - instead. 

I Am not antichrist. I believe he existed. I believe that  he at least believed he was rightful heir to the throne and the title of high priest, and the evidence points towards this being the case. I cannot see why you are getting your knickers in a twist about it. 

ANYWAY!  

Can You enlighten us all here as to why not a single one of those present, who were in the position and endowed with god given powers to cast out devils and demons didn’t even attempt to cast out the one that had possessed Judas? 

AND. Can you also not explain why not a single one of these twelve didn’t even enquire where Judas was off to and why he was leavening such an important celebration in the middle of the night?  Or why a single one of them didn’t even try to stop him? .

And after the sop Satan Entered into him [Judas]. Then said Jesus unto him [Judas], That thou doest, do quickly. John 13:27
I know these questions are annoying to you simply because you have absolutely no answer for them. But I do. And you  have probably never even considered these anomalous verses until they are pointed out to you, this is maybe because you have been told which pages to turn to in the bible since childhood and have been steered away from such hypocritical enigmatic and anomalous verses as the ones I am pointing out to you, by your preacher /teacher. I don't  doubt that you feel embarrassed by them but you have to get over it. These questions are there .... to be asked... as much as you want to avoid them.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@EtrnlVw
Devils/demons don't just pop in and out of people,
They seem to have done in the case ofJudas. Twice by all accounts look>
First time:
Now the Festival of Unleavened Bread, called the Passover,was approaching, and the chief priests and the teachers of the law were looking for some way to get rid of Jesus, for they were afraid of the people. Then Satan entered Judas, called Iscariot, one of the Twelve.And Judas went to the chief priests and the officers of the temple guard and discussed with them how he might betray Jesus.Luke 22: 1-4

Second time: At the supper.

And After the sop Satan Entered into him [Judas]. Then said Jesus unto him [Judas],That thou doest, do quickly. John 13:27

So it looks like this particular demon was in and out of Judas at will.

they have to be given access.

Not where Judas was concerned by allaccount.

they can be forced out temporarily but Judas basically made a deal with the devil as they say.

The devil, by all counts, was still one of god's creations too, after all.? 

Yep, but IMO he wasn't created the"devil".....

But still one of this so called god's creations all the same. And it still doesn’t explain why no one, not a single person in the whole of the bible ever prays for Judas or the devil.

439 days later

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
Right now there are 4 threads you abandoned when your fakery was challenged.

Your idea of "contradiction" seems to be that people or God didn't do what you wanted them to do.

You aren't above lying and posting fake verses. And you never address rebuttals, instead, you simply keep posting the verses you think are problematic as if simply posting them proves you correct.

Finally, you are ignorant of scripture. You do not know even obvious things like, for example, the passage of the last supper says clearly why no one questioned why Judas left, either you have never read the passage, or you are a blatant liar, thinking no one will read the passage and see you're lying.

You are a fake. A fraud. No one needs to waste much time on you.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
You aren't above lying and posting fake verses. And you never address rebuttals, instead, you simply keep posting the verses you think are problematic as if simply posting them proves you correct.

Opinion. Any other opinions you may as well keep to yourself. Opinions are not facts and I have absolutely no interest in them.

It is only your opinion that there are no contradictions in the Bible. I don't agree.  As do many biblical scholars. But you would simply deny them also and claim that they are wrong too, but you forget to add that it is only your opinion that they are wrong. You also keep forgetting that I don't care what you believe or think about me. It is irrelevant. 

Finally, you are ignorant of scripture.

Opinion AGAIN: See above.

You are a fake.

Wrong and again that is your opinion not a fact.

A fraud.

I have nothing to be fraudulent about. And again, that is only your opinion.

No one needs to waste much time on you.

Then do not waste your time, silly billy. You only lose every time anyway and make yourself look silly in trying to explain away these biblical anomalies ambiguous statements and clear contradictions.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
It is only your opinion that there are no contradictions in the Bible. I don't agree.
But you run away from debating it. On a debate site no less. I don't care what you believe, but you should be able to support your beliefs with reason and logic.

You also keep forgetting that I don't care what you believe or think about me. It is irrelevant. 
If I can show that you run away from debate and cannot support your claims of contradiction, I don't care if you don't care. My aim is not to get you to care, but to show that your claims are bogus. And I've done that every time. The unaddressed, abandoned threads remain on the board for all to see.

Finally, you are ignorant of scripture.

Opinion AGAIN: See above.
You post stupidity such as "why didn't any of the disciples question Judas leaving?" When it clearly says right there in the text that the disciples supposed Judas was being sent on an errand. Are you that poor a reader, or are you just ignorant?

I have nothing to be fraudulent about.
This is true. Which makes your fakery curious. Why lie? Why post fake verses? Obviously you don't really believe the bible has contradictions or else you wouldn't need to fake verses or lie about the bibles contents. You post fakery because you know the unchanged verses are correct.

Then do not waste your time, silly billy. 
No one does anymore. We all see that you aren't here for debate, and you're dishonest. When addressing your posts I do so for the Gentle Reader and pretty much ignore your repetitive bluster.

You only lose every time anyway 
All without you ever addressing the rebuttals or offering any reasoning for your claims? Lol. OK Jethro.

My experience has been that the one dodging question is usually the one losing. The Gentle Readers are not as stupid as you think they are. Everyone sees you running and dodging questions.

So you keep telling yourself I've lost, and I'll keep showing you the loser. I can live with that.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@ethang5
Is the bible the word of god?
Stephen
Stephen
But you run away from debating it. 

"But but but but" . Listen, until today -  December 8th when you posted on this thread, I was the last person to have wrote on this thread on 09.25.18 07:28AM . That is over a YEAR ago!!!!!. I hadn't "run" anywhere, you silly silly little billy. 

Now A YEAR after my last post on this thread,  my thread, you come on to the thread and accuse me of "running away" and then in the your immediate next  breath you tell me:

--> @ethang5 "No one needs to waste much time on you".

So, again. THEN STOP!!! wasting your time . I am not interested in your opinions so you really are wasting your own time and mine.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
Read this very thread, your reputation was known more than a year ago.

You run away by ignoring rebuttals and posting silliness. Even in this exchange, you have ducked addressing your fake verses and contradiction lies.

There are 4 threads in the religion section you started, and abandoned after you couldn't address criticism to your bogus claims. All you do is go and start yet another thread of lame or fake charges.

I will be here for you. Every time you post fakery, I will call you on it. You of course will dodge and run, but I will put a spotlight on your dishonesty. I will expose you each time.

The board will be littered with threads you started and abandoned after being soundly beaten. Oh sure you will stupidly claim I lost, but you can claim anything you like after I beat you.

You are basically a troll, and I was trained for trolls like you.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
Running away may be a charge that can be brought against a member who having been given a three day suspension from DART threw an enormous hissy fit and ran away to DDO for a year.
It was and is hilarious though.
Running away explained!!
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Stephen
The most important question Christians should ask.
Is, why do I bother with all this nonsense?

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5

will be here for you. Every time you post fakery, I will call you on it.

"No one needs to waste much time on you".

Then don't. But make your mind up FFS either you won't waste your time or you will be here for me. 

But I will keep asking questions concerning what is clearly the unreliability of the Christian scriptures. And you are more than welcome to attempt to explain my questions  and highlighted biblical contradictions away in your usual fashion of re writing the bible and putting words into the mouths the characters of the New Testament. 

So why don' you start by addressing the content of this thread seeing that it was  you that  resurrected it from the dead of over a year ago where I hadn't "run away" and was the last to post on it.

Here you go. lets start again.......

In Luke's gospel we can read about the “joy” of the disciples because Jesus had endowed them with great powers by all accounts:

One day Jesus called together his twelve disciples and gave them power and authority to cast out all demons and to heal all diseases. Luke 9.
In fact there are 18 verses where authority to cast out and of casting out devils are mentioned. I won’t list them all unless asked to do so. But we can safely say that beyond doubt that the disciples were granted and did use this power of casting out devils/demons.

And the seventy [disciples]returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name. Luke 10:17.

We than get to the betrayal and  The Last Supper where we read;

The deal to betray Jesus.
“Then Satan entered Judas, surnamed Iscariot how he might betray Him” Luke 22:3.

The Last Supper
“And after the sop (dipped bread)Satan entered into him”.John 13:27.
And the story goes Judas popped out to betray his lord giving away the location where he can be found and arrested ect ect.

I think the question by know should be  glaring. But for those who do not want to face this, yet another anomaly as glaring as it is, one has to ask;

Why didn’t they cast out the devil that had entered Judas? And strangely, nowhere in the bible does anyone pray for Judas or the devil come to that. The devil, by all counts, was still one of god's creations too, after all.?

The reader should keep in mind here that the deal to betray Jesus was struck before the last supper.

So ethang. Read slowly and carefully. Take your time and get back to me when you have something solid, and more importantly, FACTUAL  to offer  instead of your usual rewriting of the scripture. 

OFF YOU GO.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@zedvictor4
the most important question Christians should ask.
Is, why do I bother with all this nonsense?

Or better. If I am going to believe this shite, why do I not at least try and attempt to make some sense of this jumbled mass of half stories, anomalies, contradictions and out right lies instead of just taking the words of my elders and teachers who have simply interpreted their own version this classical mess and fed it to me from childhood.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
I've addressed your stupidity. And as is common with you, you are ignoring the rebuttal and re-posting your stupidity.

I won't waste time with you. Any Gentle Reader who is interested, can see the rebuttal in the posts above.

You are a fake. A fraud. A liar. All you can do is either re-post your clunker, or pretend you didn't see the rebuttal. Either way, you lose.
<br>
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@ethang5
Everything you say can be said to you tenfold.

Running away may be a charge that can be brought against a member who having been given a three day suspension from DART threw an enormous hissy fit and ran away to DDO for a year.
Running away explained!!

ethang5
ethang5
@disgusting

Perhaps I need to remind you of what Mike, the site's owner said to you.

Look, you either behave in an appropriate manner or just get the hell outta here. I am sure there are lots of trashy forums where insulting and other things are welcome but this ain't one of them. You can argue and express your opinion, just do it in the corresponding topics and without insults, it's not that hard.

You can also do so without the stalking and the yapping.

A word to the wise [should be] sufficient.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@ethang5
Oh look

Running away explained!!

How do you defend your idiocy to your family?
Tell us about running away whilst ignoring your above behaviour.
You're fucked.

Do you dishonestly believe that you can hide your responses from me? You can't "honestly" because you are incapable of such.
Is the bible the word of your god?
You are hilarious.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@ethang5
Your hatred always fails thang, you are a very sad "person"
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
I won't waste time with you.

Yes, so you keep saying. You have said that a few times now but here you are STILL, wasting your time and mine and STILL unable to answer yet ANOTHER  ambiguous anomaly. 

Your responses really  are laughable.

Those disciples should have known a demon when they seen one shouldn't they?  They had been casting them out since these powers were endowed on them by Jesus, yet couldn't recognise one when it was sitting at the same dining table.  Don't make me laugh. You simply have no explanation for this extremity strange story and the reason for that is because your teachers and preachers knew the congregation wouldn't dare question them or their authority on anything they said and because the congregation was far too fk dumb to think and deduce for themselves, which in turn gave them the false belief that they didn't need practice or rehearse and prepare an answer to this problem, until, that is, someone like me comes along and points out the bleedin' obvious. This is why you are stumped to explain away this ambiguous anomaly  with credible, factual evidence, THEY hadn't prepared YOU for  this eventuality.

Any Gentle Reader who is interested, can see the rebuttal in the posts above.

There is no rebuttal above. And neither is there any sort of answer to this ambiguous biblical anomaly. The verses are from the bible, are you saying they are not biblical verses?  I have simply asked a question and raised an issue. it is YOUR job to explain it.  AND you haven't. because you can't.

Never mind eh. Mind how you pray.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
You have said that a few times now but here you are STILL, wasting your time
I never waste my time Jed. I'm not going to play your troll game. You want "not wasting my time" to be ignoring you so you can post your lies unimpeded.

Are you so deluded that you think the Gentle Readers don't see you dodge because you pretend I didn't address your stupidity?

Why do you dodge questions? If they are really contradictions, you should be happy to answer questions about them.

Posting in caps, bold, or underline does not make you correct or informed.

You are a liar. I have pointed out your lies in numerous threads. What you like are exchanges like this, where you make vague claims and insult. Never having to defend any specific claim.

All the threads where I've destroyed your claims, you've abandoned.

I'm going to enjoy tossing you for lolz
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@ethang5
More importantly, who the heck reads a book to not only ignore anything useful and worthwhile but to make up supposed contradictions lol?? now that is something else. When I realized he's just reading the book only to find mistakes his topics became meaningless. I would be more impressed if people were to overlook imperfection to find the underlying objective of the accounts, then deal with them or ask questions. The shallowness of religious forum atheists is something to scratch the noggin about. 
ethang5
ethang5
@disgusting

No one runs away from you bully. No one likes you. You have been told this repeatedly for years.

You are a troll who seldom has anything intelligent or constructive to say, so most people ignore and avoid you. 

It soothes your brushed ego to claim they are running away, but people move away from you out of disgust, not fear.

Over the years, I've come to realize you aren't capable of real change, or able to control your bitterness.

You will flame out, and force the mods to step in. Your history will be your future.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@EtrnlVw
Another good post Etrnl.

When I realized he's just reading the book only to find mistakes his topics became meaningless.
He isn't even reading the book, he's taking websites at their word and posting things he is totally ignorant about.

I would be more impressed if people were to overlook imperfection to find the underlying objective of the accounts, then deal with them or ask questions.
I would be gobsmacked it that ever happened.

The shallowness of religious forum atheists is something to scratch the noggin about.
I have a forming theory about Stephen. I'm beginning to suspect he may be a mole.

He always throws these softball questions and then offers absolutely no defense when I eviscerate his claims.

Like he is deliberately setting them up for me to knock them out of the park unbothered.

It just feels too easy to beat him, and his outrage seems like fake and comical overacting to me.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@ethang5
Oh look still trying to run away from posting to me. Can the class say poor hypocritical liar? I thought so.

No one runs away from you bully. No one likes you. You have been told this repeatedly for years.

Yes by the submember who runs away and who is incredibly fearful of addressing that FACT.
You are a troll who seldom has anything intelligent or constructive to say, so most people ignore and avoid you. 
This from the "person" who can't rebut or even respond to what I post. Your hubris is well beyond reality.
For instance the way you have run away from this truth is just you.
Running away explained!!
It soothes your brushed ego to claim they are running away, but people move away from you out of disgust, not fear.
Oh dear me little thang, everybody is well aware of the fear that forces you to run away. BRUSHED? Oh how pathetic.

Over the years, I've come to realize you aren't capable of real change, or able to control your bitterness.
Over the years your self absorbed hubris becomes even more hilarious for all of us who read it. We do guffaw.

You will flame out, and force the mods to step in. Your history will be your future.

Like they did with you and your three day ban that you were such a crybaby about that you ran away for a year.
I frighten the fuck out of you because you really are nowhere near as smart as you desperately want to be.

Try to hide your response again little insignificant thang.