And here we go, Releases Blueprints for Digital Guns

Author: TheDredPriateRoberts

Total: 3
TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
Gun-Rights Activist Releases Blueprints for Digital Guns
Cody Wilson calls the move impervious to legal challenge

first I'd like to say "I told you so" to those who argued about it in the past, so there.

actually it won't really matter much, March was a record setting gun sales month.  But this looks like it will create a new twist for the gun grabbers.  They may want to rethink their windmill battle.

n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
just because there's a way for people to make their own gun,doesn't mean they will.

some people who are denied a gun through gun laws, will choose not to get one illegally, and they are thus less likely to kill someone.

plus it's a burden to print your own gun, thus making some people less likely to do it, and thus less likely to get a gun and kill someone. 
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@n8nrgmi
I agree with you, however I would ask you to look beyond right now and into the future.  As 3d printers get cheaper with stronger materials, then what?
while very expensive right now it won't be long before they drop in price and are geared more towards a home users.

We've probably discussed an 80% ar lower which doesn't need a serial number.  You could potentially print a 100% ar lower with no serial number.  Did you know you can make a gun for personal use and it doesn't need a serial number?  You can't legally sell it but you can own and possess it.

is this the modern day Pandora's box?